SC6 wishlist. How would YOU design it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are aspects of the game I like and dislike; though the game is not perfect, I would not dare touch on how I would design SC6.

Last edited:
He means unblockable. Not unbreakable

I agree, you don't want to make unblockables even less useful than they already are, because there are only a handful of unblockables that even see any use at anywhere higher than scrub-level play. I would like to test out the ability to GI Critical Edges and see how that works, but I'm not sure if that would end up well. I personally like a lot of the mechanics introduced in SCIII like the Just Impact where you could get juicy combos off of snuffing an interruptable string, but only get a single hit if your timing is off and you get a normal GI.
What I said was that I wish JG to be removed. If it's removed, then you still need a defensive tactic to deal with unblockables.

I would also like to have every launcher combo's to be AC-able.

But mostly, no Viola

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind have JG in SC6. Is a very good tool for stopping people abuse the same moves. But JG being able to block unblockables is weird. I mean, those attacks are called unblockables for a reson.

I would like to see Viola to return. I like this character way more than Amy and she add more variety to the cast. But make his orb style a bit more "normal" so she have to stay in the place when the orb is perfoming an attack. Nothing like 44aBE or similars.

My wish list is for them not to listen to wish lists so that we don't have more garbage like SCV viola
Just to be clear, this thread is just fun and games. Not to be taken seriously anyway. Don't worry bro

Maybe add in a stage where a ring out is not an instant loss, but rather the player falls to the lower stage and takes 25% damage

Last edited by a moderator:
My wish list is for them not to listen to wish lists so that we don't have more garbage like SCV viola
Viola was the direct result of someone's wish list? More so, the only real problem I see with Viola is balance. Did someone wish for a OP character?

Do you guys think Just Impacts (from SCIV) should return? It's pretty much just pulling off a Guard Impact at the same time as your opponent's attack hits you. If you do it right, a red light will flash and put your opponent in worse disadvantage compared to a regular Guard Impact.

Last edited:
Do you guys think Just Impacts (from SCIV) should return? It's pretty much just pulling off a Guard Impact at the same time as your opponent's attack hits you. If you do it right, a red light will flash and put your opponent in worse disadvantage compared to a regular Just Impact.
I remember those. Just Impacts were hard to make but not as hard as Just Guard(at least for me) If I have to choose between Just Guard and Just Impacts, I'll stay with Just Impacts.

I remember those. Just Impacts were hard to make but not as hard as Just Guard(at least for me) If I have to choose between Just Guard and Just Impacts, I'll stay with Just Impacts.
Just Impacts were stricter than Just Guards, but if you did an impact slightly too soon you'd just get a normal Guard Impact whereas if you mistime a Just Guard you either get a normal guard or get smacked.

SCV system is great. Movement, buffering, and JG are all really good in SCV imo. Meter is copied from other games but was integrated well.

GI system is good, could be refined somehow, maybe to incorporate different heights and Just Impact, but needs to fit with the existing systems, not sure how I'd change it if at all.

Seeing Zas, Mina back would be great. I'm sure some players would love to come up with movelists and BE/CE moves for them. Namco could do it as a competition for hype during SCVI development. Personally I liked the way SCIV Mina was designed but that's prob only me.

ZWEI and Viola aren't traditional SC designs but I love their fighting styles, really creative and beautifully incorporated into the game system, so I'd like them to stay.

EDIT: only real negative for me is risk/reward of certain attacks could be looked at; there's no problem at all with having 'special' attacks that are clearly a character's best attacks, but low-risk-high-reward attacks that even do gauge damage and have mixup on block did put some players off the game. Their removal might make the game more boring though so I wouldn't say this is a necessary change.

Last edited:
Nothing incredibly surprising, just my opinion. To be honest it looks more like a patch or wishlist, but whatever. :)

I would keep most of SC5's general engine, I love it. Not too slow, not too fast, unsafe movement (it was about time!), meter, great pace. It forces you to be active and offensive (unlike SC4 or at least a lot less).
Also, some characters deserve a comeback, especially those who weren't even replaced (Talim, Yun Seong, Zasalamel, Mina). And one mimic is enough. :)
Remove CE's or make them less spam-happy.
Remove JG and changes to the GI system to compensate for the loss of JG. I personally don't like how (almost) risk-free JG is, it's a little too good in my opinion.
General damage nerf; not as week as SC4 though, but some moves in SC5 have just too many good properties and damage at once e.g. Asta 22B BE, Algol 44B, Pat 66B, Pyrrha 22K, Cervy 4B BE, Alpha 2363B.
Remove Viola or her playstyle, I don't think it works very well in the system. Maybe bring her back with an updated version of SC4 Amy.
Larger movelists for certain characters (e.g. Ivy), some characters in SC5 are very one-sided with regard to their playstyle.

I love ZWEI and Viola adding interesting flavor to the rosters, I just hate how their balance was so broken despite being their debut. You'd think Project Soul would have spent a little more time fixing up their brand new characters.

I know Hilde's debut was kinda WTF, but what part of SCIV wasn't WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back