SC6 wishlist. How would YOU design it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be perfectly okay if the only thing JG did was improve the guard gauge. In other words, you use it to avoid being guard broken or use it keep the gauge low, but doesn't reward you any frames.

JG is nowhere near hard enough to pull off for how good it is.

My wishlist for SC6:

- bring back Taki, Setsuka, Talim, Zasalamel, Necrid
- I like the meter system, keep it
- Netcode is also incredible, pls keep it
- more options for CaS (there could be a lot more different hairstyles for example)
- some additional singleplayer modes (liked the idea from SCIV where the equipment of your character had different attributes), maybe and adventure/rpg like mode
- team battle for multiplayer
- you should be able to unlock not only new stuff for CaS and titles, but also the old costumes from the previous SC titles for your character

And this last one could get me in trouble but I think it will help the game:

- release a new version of the game every year or so to keep the game fresh

My personal wishlist for Leixia in SCVI:
- Bring back Xianghua's "Lo Tsai Shuar" throw (against crouching opponent) ( :2::B::+::G:::B::+::K: ) (the :B::+::K: was a while landing JF attack that stunned the opponent)
- Bring back Xianghua's "~Bea Her Hua" attack ( :3::3::K::A: )
- Bring back Xianghua's "Hou Lee" (the crouch-spinning) "Lower great wall" attack ( :A::+::K::(B)::+::(K): ), which was a :GC:
- Bring back Xianghua's "Advancing Tiger Thrust" (from SCIV) attack (:(4)::K::B:)
- Bring back Xianghua's "Twisting Lotus Flow" throw ( :2::1::4::B::+::G::4::1::2::B: )

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Realize you are asking for her to be broken with a damage buff.
I'm not asking for such a thing. Besides, Xianghua in SCIV wasn't broken, and she do more damage than Leixia, even in a game where the damage is very very low.
My personal wishlist for Leixia in SCVI:
- Bring back Xianghua's "Lo Tsai Shuar" throw (against crouching opponent) ( :2::B::+::G:::B::+::K: ) (the :B::+::K: was a while landing JF attack that stunned the opponent)
- Bring back Xianghua's "~Bea Her Hua" attack ( :3::3::K::A: )
- Bring back Xianghua's "Hou Lee" (the crouch-spinning) "Lower great wall" attack ( :A::+::K::(B)::+::(K): ), which was a :GC:
- Bring back Xianghua's "Advancing Tiger Thrust" (from SCIV) attack (:(4)::K::B:)
- Bring back Xianghua's "Twisting Lotus Flow" throw ( :2::1::4::B::+::G::4::1::2::B: )

Thoughts?
Agree with all of this. But I would want even more moves from Xianghua. Like her "Just kidding" stance for example.

Last edited:
I'm not asking for such a thing. Besides, Xianghua in SCIV wasn't broken, and she do more damage than Leixia, even in a game where the damage is very very low.

Agree with all of this. But I would want even more moves from Xianghua. Like her "Just kidding" stance for example.
Oh, her fakes? I liked those too, because they always added more to her when it comes to tricking other players. She also had a throw while in that stance as well in SCIV.

Realize you are asking for her to be broken with a damage buff.

Indeed. I assume something would have to give (I'm guessing her amazing recovery frames on everything).

JG is nowhere near hard enough to pull off for how good it is.

Agreed. Although sometimes it might be the only thing that can help some characters in certain match ups, so your proposed nerd may hinder them. Maybe add some clear indication of a JG attempt & recovery frames?

Bring back Kilik's staff style.

Bring back also Talim, Yun-Seong, Zasalamel, Setsuka & Taki (give Taki sais).

New characters from Arabia, Africa & Australia. Vikings added and more ninjas wielding a kusarigama even hookswords. And steel fans.

Add in Classic GI, IV's tag team feature and Seong Mina or her apprentice and I'll be happy.

Also take Soul Calibur away from Patroklos and give it to someone else who isn't a violent vengeful cold-blooded murderer.

cold-blooded murderer.
Patroklos is not a cold-blooded murder at all. It's not quite to the point where it's "ridiculously false" but it is quite false. But that's to be expected because you reach so hard for condemnation simply because you personally don't like the game.

Patroklos is not a cold-blooded murder at all. It's not quite to the point where it's "ridiculously false" but it is quite false. But that's to be expected because you reach so hard for condemnation simply because you personally don't like the game.

Oh trust me, I may not like SCV, but it's no brainer to point out Patroklos as a bad character since it is so blatantly obvious and forefront. One of his first scenes shows him walking up to an unarmed man and killing him in cold-blood because he's "pale and filthy" and therefore must be malfested. And he kills him while wearing a rape-face.
patroklos-story2.jpg

The bad story also doesn't help his case. Or Soul Calibur pulling time travel powers out of it's ass to cover up for our "hero" killing the one person who he set out to save in the first place.

It's better to retcon him ever getting Soul Calibur. Patroklos is simply too inherently incompatible with the blade on a biological, rational, narrative and spiritual level to bother justifying him wielding it in future installments. Unless PS confirms that the theory of Soul Calibur becoming a palette swap of Soul Edge is canon, any other explanation, no matter how well written, is just tying an anchor around it's neck and leaping into a river.

@Thaeonblade It's still not "cold blood" despite how you use the phrase. He genuinely thought he was killing a monster. There is a whole scene in the story mode devoted to showing him having a mental breakdown when Nightmare reveals to him the people he was killing were normal, innocent humans.

You may think the time travel bit was dumb. But it still happened just like time travel happens in any other time travel movie or story. Sure he killed Pyrrha, but he was so full of regret and miserable about it he went back in time and corrected his wrongs to save her. Does that sound like a "cold-blooded murderer"? If someone who killed someone actually finds a way to go back in time to change what he did as the ultimate act of repentance, really, what more can you ask of that person? And that's not all, this was all WITHOUT the threat of punishment looming over his head. Not even like a convicted murder trying to do anything to get out of a sentence. No one was pressing charges, he was not in a court answering for his crimes, no one was threatening punishment for his crime, he righted his wrongs simply because he felt bad about what he did and repented.

Not really "cold-blooded murderer" at all.

And that's not even mentioning that Soul Calibur probably has a way of manipulating people's thoughts to drive them mad just like Soul Edge does. (That's not an idea new to SCV either, the sword was like that in SCIV.)

@Thaeonblade It's still not "cold blood" despite how you use the phrase. He genuinely thought he was killing a monster. There is a whole scene in the story mode devoted to showing him having a mental breakdown when Nightmare reveals to him the people he was killing were normal, innocent humans.

The mental breakdown would be actually effective, if it made sense for him to be unable to distinguish between malfested and the innocent.

Since he's technically a malfested himself, shouldn't he be getting certain vibes around malfested people? Past games have shown that the Soul Edge taint in people or shards/items can react to similar taints. The only way that he wouldn't notice or have a reaction to malfested or Soul Edge itself is because the writers forgot about Patroklos' taint.

Also, what did Siegfried see in Patroklos that made him pick him as Soul Calibur's next wielder? He had to have known about about Patroklos' acts beforehand and yet he just gives him Soul Calibur anyway.

You may think the time travel bit was dumb. But it still happened just like time travel happens in any other time travel movie or story. Sure he killed Pyrrha, but he was so full of regret and miserable about it he went back in time and corrected his wrongs to save her. Does that sound like a "cold-blooded murderer"? If someone who killed someone actually finds a way to go back in time to change what he did as the ultimate act of repentance, really, what more can you ask of that person? And that's not all, this was all WITHOUT the threat of punishment looming over his head. Not even like a convicted murder trying to do anything to get out of a sentence. No one was pressing charges, he was not in a court answering for his crimes, no one was threatening punishment for his crime, he righted his wrongs simply because he felt bad about what he did and repented.

Time travel has been used as a plot device in several movies, stories, games and etc. Some are only okay, but others are good because they explain the rules for time travel and it's done to set up the plot rather than as a blatant deus ex machina. If you're going to use time travel, then you use it right and SCV is a clear example of how not to use time travel.

The time travel thing was dumb within the context of the game's story, it was barely explained if at all, and it came out of nowhere at the most convenient time. Therefore, any redemption that Patroklos gets from this time travel is based on a contrivance. How did he do it? How come no one else has been able to do it? Could he go back further? Does the ability have a range? How come no one else filled with regret and remorse has been able to use Soul Calibur like this? Can Soul Edge do it since it's Soul Calibur's equal and opposite twin? How come past SE wielders could never use it like Algol or Zasalamel?

And that's not even mentioning that Soul Calibur probably has a way of manipulating people's thoughts to drive them mad just like Soul Edge does. (That's not an idea new to SCV either, the sword was like that in SCIV.)

So how come Siegfried wasn't driven mad by Soul Calibur? Or Xianghua? Not to say that the idea of Soul Calibur manipulating people is inherently bad. It was just clearly poorly implemented in SCV's story. If Patroklos is so weak-willed that he's controlled by Soul Calibur then why is he still able to use this uber-power to reverse time and space itself? How come Siegfried, who wasn't controlled, couldn't use Soul Calibur to go back in time? Why couldn't Algol do so?

Like I said, it's easier to just retcon all of it. Even the best writing in the world can't justify an inherently terrible idea and it would be best for everyone to not give Soul Calibur to Patroklos. It just leads to too many questions and problems that contradict with the series.

Just look at ME3's Extended Cut ending as a good example. Everything that could've been fixed in that ending was fixed, but the end product was still fundamentally flawed. One of the main reasons why is because the EC ending still has the Star-Child in it and this single character is the source of every remaining problem and plot hole in the ending from design to theme and narrative. Even if well-executed, the "clarity and closure" approach to fixing ME3's ending didn't work because it couldn't address inherent problems in the ideas of the ending.

So just for simplicity's sake, just give Soul Calibur to someone else whose actually pure-hearted and strong willed and isn't a vengeful violent murderer.

@Thaeonblade I actually agree with weird plot holes mentioned and how the story was kind of ham-handed (and literally rushed. They didn't get to finish it.) I just don't think he fits the mold of cold-blooded murderer given the amount of remorse he shows. I realized how far we've drifted off topic, and I'd love to discuss more of the story with you, maybe in the story speculation thread, but I'm gonna have to cut it off here.

So the topic at hand is "How would you design SCVI?"

I'd probably make Patroklos the kind of Edge Master type character who has grown in wisdom and fighting skill and guides the new hero on his journey. He's the type of guy who was a dick in his youth and had to grow up fast, so he has a lot of rough life experience. I mean story-wise, I definitely wouldn't give him Edge Master's style. lol

I'd also bring Sophitia back from the dead and have her slap some sense into Pyrrha. If every other character can just magically come back after dying, why does Sophie have to stay dead? She's been with us since the beginning. She and Taki should be ageless because of the Soul Edge shards in them just like it does for Cervantes and Maxi.

I think a good third of the cast died at some point anyway so it's not like death means much in this universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back