SC6 wishlist. How would YOU design it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would actually stick with the generation cast and just introduce new characters to replace the missing styles (Talim, Yun Seong, etc.) and add some of the single player content of SC3. SC6 should also improve the mechanics of SC5, because I feel, gameplay wise, SC5 is the best!

I'd bring back the Tambourine style, incorporate significant or at least semi-familiar NPCs to the roster, fix pretty much any blatant discrepancy or half assed work in SC5. etc, etc, etc.
I'd also bring back stances and A+K.

- Bring back old characters, or new characters that have their styles.
- More robust single player options.
- If there are DLC music tracks from older games like SCV had, make it so the main menu music can be changed, so I can use SCIII's menu theme.
- Character trials/tutorials.

I've always been satisfied with the fighting gameplay mechanics from game to game, so there's nothing really on my wish list as far as that goes.

General:
-I'd make Soulcalibur VI available for the "glorious PC master race", not just for those who own PlayStation/Xbox.
-Remove some of the newcomers, add back in the old ones unless there are canon conflicts.
-Make character customization (face/body wise) more like Saint's Row IV.
-Add substantial DLC, perhaps we could have "expansions" that add fun stages (trains), new weapons skins, new customization items, new gameplay features and a few additional characters in one set of a DLC?
-Shave parts, as in let us shave off part of a part (no pun intended) to give us more item combinations. For example: Shave one demon wing off and add angel wings and shave one wing off, there; an Angel/Demon hybrid.
-For god's sake, stop being so effing paranoid about people using undergarments to make nude characters, I could already make a rusty dildo bat for my character.
-Bring back the Soulcalibur III "Chronicles of the Sword" mode.
-Bring back Zasalamel, and add more PoC (people of color) characters to the roster.
-Make Sophitia no longer wear skimpy outfits, I get that she's a hot MILF but Jesus Christ, does she really have to wear lingerie? Same goes for Ivy.
-Bring in all of the items that were in Soulcalibur III-V as well as bring in new items, perhaps even ones from different Bandai Namco games? Also let's have headless people run amok.
-Bring in moar single-player content, horde mode, boss rush, etc.
-Speaking of which; add boss fights to the game.
-Use Algol's style for CaS characters, not just him as a character.
-Height sliders so that we can make dwarf characters (I know people would make true South Park characters).
-Pose customizer for portraits even though people would use it to make inappropriate portraits.
-No moderation on CaS, go nuts.

For PC:
-Port it, of course.
-Add graphics options which consoles can't handle.
-Mod support which allows for changes in mechanics, new stages, additional CaS movesets, CaS items, etc.
-Recommend players use keyboard + mouse but let them use Xbox 360 controllers.
-Use Steamworks as well as distribute DRM-Free versions.
-Add something like Steam Workshop which lets us directly upload PC mods, or let the folks at Nexus Mods (site is very NSFW) take over the modding frontier.
-Remove some limitations, but warn that adding too many custom parts can cause older computers to lag.
-PC version better than Xbox/PlayStation versions in every way, shape and form.
-Keep local multiplayer, because it's getting popular again.

With stuff like

I really hope he's being satirical.

i don't play anything on PC at all (mostly bc mine's crap for gaming), but how would this possibly work at all?
I use keyboard + mouse way more than a controller, it actually works nice.

With stuff like

I really hope he's being satirical.
Not really, I was actually upset with games last-gen removing local multiplayer; which is why I put that in just in case Namco decides to go all EA on us.

I thought he had some good ideas right up until the crap about putting it on PC.

Fighting games don't work on keyboard and mouse. And they DEFINITELY don't work with mods. Ever. Even as a filthy casual I have to say that allowing mods in a fighting game would be the stupidest fucking idea ever.

HydroJamesAqua said:
For CaS mode, I would split equipment into more sections.
  • Shoe equipment would be split into:
    • Thigh
    • Knee
    • Shin
    • Foot
  • Arm equipment would be split into:
    • Upper-arm
    • Elbow
    • Forearm
    • Hand
  • Undergarments would be split into more sections:
    • Upper Body
    • Lower Body
    • Full Body
  • Face Equipment would be split into:
    • Eyes
    • Chin
Hair styles would also be adjustable:
  • You would flip hair styles.
  • You would adjust the length of certain parts.
  • You could add/remove accessories like hairpins.
You could adjust which parts could be broken off.

I'd also reintroduce and reinvent Special Versus, so that you could adjust stats and skills and they would be solely depended on the weapons and the player would still have the freedom to customize your appearance.

This. So much this. I'd also like to see the ability to have asymmetrical characters- only 1 shoulder pad, 2 different gloves etc. The ability to change the size and shape of parts would be cool too.

Some other things I'll throw in:

>The ability to add patterns to hair (for highlights and such).
>The ability to change the material/appearance of parts (toggle shinyness, texture, glowyness etc).
>The ability to have different-coloured eyes.

I use keyboard + mouse way more than a controller, it actually works nice.
For a fighting game? No way. I can see using a keyboard, (since I used to play KoF98 on MAME that way) but where would the mouse fit in? Fighters are designed around digital inputs int eh first place.
Not really, I was actually upset with games last-gen removing local multiplayer; which is why I put that in just in case Namco decides to go all EA on us.
Which fighting games removed local multiplayer?

For a fighting game? No way. I can see using a keyboard, (since I used to play KoF98 on MAME that way) but where would the mouse fit in? Fighters are designed around digital inputs int eh first place.
Which fighting games removed local multiplayer?
I like using the mouse as well, perhaps I'd use the left, middle and right buttons for A, B and K inputs.

I never played any fighters which removed local multiplayer, and luckily; none of the popular ones probably didn't (Street Fighter, Tekken. And I'm not counting F2Ps).

P.S, reason why I recommended putting SC5 on PC is because I believe that they (Namco) could make a profit off of it (and so I don't have to buy a PS4/Xbone), and besides; one of their fighters (a new IP) is going to be a PC game (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/29/rise-of-incarnates-puts-fresh-spin-on-fighting-games ), and Woffit, your CaS suggestions are ones I wish I suggested. I would suggest Wii U but I was unsure if Namco would want to pursue that with the new engines (Unreal 4, Crytek 3, etc) coming out.

I didn't read the previous pages,so forgive me if the stuff i mention is already mentioned..

Offline Modes:

Story Mode:Includes all characters' good & bad endings. ( and please , make it more and more challenging as you approach the final boss).
+ The Final Boss should be different according to the character. For Example,If you're using Voldo,the final boss is Vercci Using Cervantes's style. Or If you're using Taki,the final boss is Toki using Taki's Style.
+These bosses are added as bonus characters after they're unlocked.(only thing different is the voice and the taunt).

Survival Mode: It was fun in Soul Blade,would be cool for it to return. (Would be fun to share your highest score w/ur friends).

Edge Master Mode: The only way to unlock the other weapons of characters,including SE/SC.(Similar to Soul Blade's Edge Master Mode)
Many of the quests involve defeating enemies within a brief period of time, using air combos to defeat them, or beat them when you start the match on low health.
14355-soul-blade-playstation-screenshot-where-to-go-the-edge-master.jpg
+ The Final Bosses are Embodiments of Soul Edge & Soul Calibur,depending on which character you're using.
Vs Mode: The usual 1-vs-1.

Team Battle Mode: The offline Team Battle mode can be from 2-vs-2 to 8-vs-8.

Training Mode: Sc5 Training mode is good enough.

Character Creation Mode: Pretty much what HydroJamesAqua said.

• Shoe equipment would be split into:
    • Thigh
    • Knee
    • Shin
    • Foot
  • Arm equipment would be split into:
    • Upper-arm
    • Elbow
    • Forearm
    • Hand
  • Undergarments would be split into more sections:
    • Upper Body
    • Lower Body
    • Full Body
  • Face Equipment would be split into:
    • Eyes
    • Chin
+ add more crazy anime-ish hairstyles.
+More Creation Slots
+ Add the glow effect to the coloration system.
+ Why can't i color the undergarments specific colors,like red for instance? instead of pink-purplish?That's to be fixed.
+ Add Auras.
+ Option to create Zombies,Ghosts,lizards,robots,etc........instead of only humans :3
+Robotic voices :3.

Online Modes:

Ranked Match: SC4's Ranked match,i miss the level up system.
+ An option to Rematch after the battle is over.

Player Match: SC5's player match is good enough.
+ Add emojis to the chat room :P , including SC emojis :sc1tak1:.
+If there's a dc, the battle goes to the player who won the most rounds,if it's equal,then the player with the more health.

Online Team Battle Mode: Similar to Player Match, except it can be 2-vs-2 to 5-vs-5.(In Characters,not players.)
Similar to this one:
Teambattlemode.JPG

my only fear is the lag , with this one :X

Global Collosseo: Tbh i don't use it much,so dunno what they can do to improve it.

Online Training Mode: Train Vs a friend.

Rankings: The Usual Ranking System.

Replay Feature: Same + record offline battles,and Training mode too.

~ SC5's Profile system is good enough too.

Gameplay Wise:
Soul Calibur 5s' Gameplay mechanics are good overall,however.....
-Critical Edge:Make CE's As Hard to do As Ivy's CS.

-More Just Frames: For all characters,make it more challenging!
Setsuka was so much fun to use in SC4 cause of how challenging some of her just frames are to pull off. online at least.
-Bring Back Guard Impact:Seriously...it isn't SC without it.

-Brave Edges: Remove them... Sorry,i just don't think they're a good addition to SC.It's slowly turning SC into SF. Maybe change them all into Just frames :P
Notes about specific characters:

-ZWEI:
Remove EIN.Give ZWEI a new style. Moon Blades Maybe?
scout___moon_blades_by_orochi_spawn.jpg

-Viola:
I like the idea of an orb,but the claw doesn't fit well at all.
Give her an improved version of Lynette's weapon:
lynsc3art1-jpg.3876
lynsc3wep1-jpg.3879

Last edited:
New creation idea! For styles that that use a pair of weapons like the sword and shield, 2x swords, or the lance and sword, we could swap each weapon separately rather than together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back