SC6 wishlist. How would YOU design it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shudder at the thought of PS making SCVI EXACTLY like SCII or IV.

SCV and it's mechanics were good. Damn good. Let's have them expand upon that type of gameplay instead.
SCII's was excellent. SCIV was lackluster compared to SCV. For example, quick step. I played SCIV not too long ago, and imagine the struggle I had dealing with quick step not being in the game.

• Make sidestepping more safe.

• Reintroduce the old GI-system but still keep in the meter GI as a "super"GI.
  • Don't give free meter to the loosing player. Don't have any comeback-mechanics period.

• Reintroduce while landing-moves

• Give the player more freedom in how to play his/her character.

Minor things:
  • In training mode allow me to pick any move from a characters movelist and have the cpu repeat it with a customizable time interval. Also make this possible with a recorded sequence of inputs.

• Ok this might be a strange suggestion of mine but if just guard will be in the next game and GI is not I would like the old GI-inputs for just guard. -->6G JGs highs and mids and 4G JGs lows.
    Not a super big deal but something that I would prefer.

• Don't allow unique CAS in ranked.

• A good in game audio mixer. I can barley hear the voice chat and i've set the game volume to 1 and voice to 10.

• Save the voice chat audio in the replays. I want to collect replays of people being mad.

I guess what I want is kind of a mix between SC2 and SCV.

Last edited:
OK, this is an idealistic "If time and money were no object" list, written by a flithy casual. Please bear that in mind.

Story:

Some eldritch, malevolent and immeasurably powerful entity has taken residence in the Astral Chaos- what, I'm not sure. Maybe another sword called "Soul Void" or something. Anyway. this being has torn the warriors of the Stage of History from their respective timezones, forcing them to fight for its own amusement/to feed on their souls or whatever. Even after death, their souls can be restored and forced to fight again. However, this entity had not counted on the presence of the Cursed Sword and the Spirit Sword...

Characters: All of them. Every. Single. One. Reskins/moveset copypastes (like Kamikirimusi, Leixia etc) would have their movesets, or at least animations, altered slightly to differentiate them. Also, some new characters, and some proper inclusion for existing but minor characters (Solnhofen, Durer etc).

Some new characters/weapon styles that would be cool:

>Some kind of ball-and-chain/flail style.
>Whip-based style.
>Similar to Voldo character that duel-wields metal fans as weapons (these were actually real weapons in fuedal Japan, believe it or not!)
>Style that uses huge fists/gauntlets (Think Strength from Black Rock Shooter, although toned down somewhat).
>Moar duel-wielding styles.
>Nodachi/Dadao style, somewhere between Mitsurugi and Nightmare/Siegfried in the "Big-freakin'-sword-bigness" scale. Possibly duel wielding even...
>Style that relies primarily on kicks, maybe even with foot-mounted weapons.
>The return of Charade, but instead of using a random style, he uses whatever style the opponent is using (if 2 Charades, then they use a random style).
>Style with a big shield (think roman legionary rather than the buckler-sized shields we've gotten so far) and a sword/axe/club or whatever.
>Style that uses a weapon so big/heavy even they struggle to wield it- think the Pyramid Head's Great Knife from Silent Hill. It's extremely slow and hard to use, but it deals outrageous damage.
>Style that uses Voldo-style claws, but with a more conventional movement/combat style.

Character creator:

The ability to customize character's movesets would be cool (with limiters ala SCIV to prevent cheese) so that characters could be more than just reskins. I'd also like to see the ability to have asymmetrical characters (so only 1 punishment spaulder, scissor claw on one hand and paladin gauntlet on the other, etc) and also the ability to toggle the size, shape and transparency of costume parts.

Also, creature voices. NAO.

I am in no way a "pro" player. I can not suggest balances etc. All I can tell you is what I like from Soul Calibur and other fighters.

1) - A unique (and beautiful) stage per character. Need to break the cycle where Even SoulCaliburs are kinda dull visually compared to the Odd SoulCaliburs.
2) Weapon/Edge Master mode. THIS was SoulCalibur's thing. Then ever since 3 its like. No here is Tower of Lost Souls, Chronicles of the Sword, Vs AI Battle... No. No. Shame on you.
3) Story mode to be more like Tales of Souls from SC3. You would pick your character and play their part in the story up to either their conclusion or if they are part of a group until the developer decides its time to change characters. (Bit like the DOA5 story iirc)
4) Gameplay-wise - I liked SCV's system. I'd probably go with that, a more refined and probably more Classicy version of it. I mean... I never pulled Guard impacts off with much reliability but were they really so much of a problem as to tie it to a gauge?
5) More characters. Mostly return characters or "new" characters- Zas, Talim, Mina, Setsuka etc.
6) The brutal almost Mortal Kombat esque murders of Patroklos and Pyrrha. It is the only way. Zwei is very lucky not to be here. The cutting of 2/3rds of the story mode really saved him. Pyrrha is a mercy kill though.

Thats all I can think of really without going into character creation.

Guess some of the new characters in SC5, feel out of whack.

Some old characters deserve a return while some of the new ones get their own styles instead of being clones.

But anyway... if there were new warriors & weapons, what would you see in the next game?

For ex.
- A new ninja after Taki & Natsu. A male one wielding a kusarigama.
- A new knight wielding a lance. But not Giradot.
- A viking warrior wielding a mace. A new warrior taking Rock's place to deal with Astaroth.

Someone like Sango would be nice.

Sango-Power-inuyasha-2745692-640-480.jpg

I shudder at the thought of PS making SCVI EXACTLY like SCII or IV.

SCV and it's mechanics were good. Damn good. Let's have them expand upon that type of gameplay instead.
I'd rather them go back to the basics of what made SC what it was instead destroying the franchise with all the unecessary crap they're adding in for no reason besides just for the sake of making gimmicks. SC5's story is atrociously terrible, all the new characters are broken to some degree, the addition of elemental attacks just puts the nails in deep now. The series went downhill after that. The fast & fluid core gameplay that was the trademark of the series and most obliterated. I couldn't give Soulcalibur 5 more than two weeks of my time until I grew tired of it.

Last edited:
I'd be happy with a more coherent story again. In 5, we got all these characters that have no in game explanation for being there. Algol is a great example. For his debut in 4, there was a clear, tangible explanation for his presense. 5? Apparently he's trying to invade the real world? Unless you look it up, there's no clear reason why he's back. I like him, too. I think he's a great allegory for Gilgamesh. But, I'm just confused on his purpose. I have a theory that, if they didn't cut the story for 5 down to only a fourth of what they intended, that Algol would have been revealed as the true threat, and that taking care of Soul Edge was only the halfway mark. Cross referencing this with the fact Kilik has been sealing gates to Astral Chaos ever since the end of 4 (again, had to look up), it begins to sound more plausible. It would also explain why Edge Master is in Astral Chaos to begin with, to a degree at least. One of the major themes of the series is that every character is connected to, desires, or wants to destroy Soul Edge. With no solid connection, it breaks that theme. Soul Calibur has a history of explaining new information in the following game, and that's fine. But not when the information is as bare bones as in 5. Of all that I want in 6, a solid, deep, coherent storyline is at the top of the list.

I have a lot I would like to say but will say it later lol. One thing I'd like to see return are stages for the characters again. And I mean, nicely designed. Soul Calibur V went somewhat back in that direction but I wasn't really feeling a lot of the stage designs. I was recently playing through SCIII again a few days ago and if there's one thing I noticed, it had some of the most beautiful stages in the series I think. I'd just love to see stages like those again.

For new character/weapon types. I'd love to see an Egyptian, Viking, & African type warrior. As for weapons, Kusarigama, whip (an actual one), Dual fans, & Axe.

As far as CAS goes, I'm actually working on a video for that and I'll probably post it here when I'm done for anyone who might want to see. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back