SCIV Ivy General Discussion & FAQ

I dont fully understand the Glitch of the Sw UB, is there a timing where you should hold and press or press and let go?

anyone that can shed some light in the timing, i keep getting the regular A+B out instead of the UB

Just tap it quickly twice and hold on the second tap. No timing really.

Since some people may still be unaware of this, I'll just mention it here also.
Check this thread for Ivy's matchup table in SCIV, and (if possible with numbers) post your opinion fellow Ivy players! ;p

I also recently noticed that some people are trying to figure out the whole matchup tier project for SCIV, which is not an easy task. So i think if we are able to come up with an as accurate as possible matchup table for Ivy, perhaps we might help them a bit. Even if we end up in false results (in some or many cases), i don't think this will go to waste. Discussing matchups is surely interesting and some of us may learn new things that we never knew so far.
Also, from what i see, Ivy's SA is not the only one mobilizing. Other SAs have started doing the same thing.

if you're going to go for CF against somebody, say nightmare,
which moves are the safest and deal the most soul damage?

*fixed!

lol

I'm so used to writing calamity

if you're going to go for CS against somebody, say nightmare,
which moves are the safest and deal the most soul damage?

CF* not CS.

The general plan I run for CF is:

SW mode

3B - 10 hits, spammable and safe
1_2_3B+K - 9 hits, safe when used properly
A+B - 10 hits and can go UB for mind games
FC 3B - 11 hits and good range
2B - 15 hits and good when doing a crouch
BB - 10 hits and good pressure string to force blocking
WS B - 10 hits and good RO tool

CL mode

33_99bB - 9 hits and is a great anti wake up pressure
6B - 10 hits and good long range poke
214B - 11 hits and is Unsafe, but naturally will occur trying to land a hit...never attempt for CF pressure unless you're OK with risking the punish
6A+B - 10 hits and VERY good long range poke and safe if done right

WP mode

6B - 10 hits, fast long rang poke that is safe when done right.
6B+K2_8 - 9 hits and is safe from long range. DO NOT SPAM at mid range when at disadvantage!
66B - 10 hits and has good range and speed

All these moves are good on their own and should be used for gaining damage normally, but at the same time yield great CF potential on turtles.

Hey guys, wondering if you could help me out with something...

I'm not quite sure what this move was that was destroying me last night so i'll try to describe (still kinda noob)

It was a grab where she throws you on the ground and then you fly in the air while all hell breaks loose as purple glowy shit swirls and flies around and rapes half my life. Is it a B+G or A+G command grab?

Learning ivy...

First thing I'd say about ivy on pad. Map B+K and A+K to your shoulder buttons. My pad set up:

L2: A+B
L1: B+K
R2: A+K
R1: G

This will drastically help you transition the sword and not have your hand contorting all over the place to do her numerous double presses. I do not know how any sane person can play ivy well without binding doubles up top on pad...though i envy who ever this crazed person is.

Hi Ivyfanboy, I was wondering why you choose to set a hot key for B+K. Aren’t the B and K buttons so close to each other that you would be able to press them simultaneously with your single thumb of right hand? Your hotkey indeed insures your B+K accuracy; but you are not going to lose your accuracy greatly without this B+K hotkey, aren’t you.

How about setting it to be B+G instead? At least, it’s not easy for me to move my fingers to the B button and the G button to enact the throw when I am under great pressure. I found your R1=G might be helpful to me. Nevertheless, a B+G hot key would solve this and, additionally, this might spur you use the B grab more often. LOL

It was a grab where she throws you on the ground and then you fly in the air while all hell breaks loose as purple glowy shit swirls and flies around and rapes half my life. Is it a B+G or A+G command grab?

It appeals to me whenever someone try to describe being "CSed." The phase getting raped is very appropriate.

Ivy Skills Video?

it B really the best option in that scenario? I'd prefer 2A. Hits faster, more frame advantage, better buffer. Only disadvantage is it it's Sm. If you have to have a M why not do WR K? More frames as well same speed (might not connect)

Just don't feel B, iCS is the best to go for.

Once again, shakable...1 valid...other is just silly.

Just wanted to know if WP 3B+K can be use to punish something ?
I sometimes use it as a TC move to put my opponent far far away (on Raph 3B BB for example) but it's risky.

Is there some move Ivy can punish with this ?

And what is the best combo then ?
I do WP 3B+K 3B+K 3B+K ^_^ (approximately 60 damage)

THX

Ps: Something else, Is there any way to punish Setsuka 2A+B with Ivy ???
This move is SAFE against her, this is so boring !

I sometimes use it as a TC move to put my opponent far far away (on Raph 3B BB for example) but it's risky.

At best its good for punishing against a coming throw. being i16 and has to be pt blank, its really hard. Against Ivy's 6AK for starters? Post-GI is another easy way to land a hit.

And what is the best combo then ?
I do WP 3B+K 3B+K 3B+K ^_^ (approximately 60 damage)

Unfortunately, thats the only one where she can reach. Unless she has another glitch which allows her to teleport across lol. You know that.

Um... what about SW 8B+K? Dont recall if she recovers TC or not. 2A+B is pretty much safe even on close range hit unless near a wall.

Malek, try 2K after Setsuka's 2A+B. If I remember well it's the only move that can punish her for a massive 9dmg (if there is no wall near)

edit: I forgot... SW 2K is 12dmg, CL/WP 2K is 9dmg

ummm... maybe TJ moves?? i just thought of something!! what about moves such as yoshi's helicoptor, and mitsu's super TJ (7_8_9 B+K i think). it might even work on some of yoshi's super dragonfly moves as he comes down and hit talim out of her WL and WS (4B+K and 6B+K). i know i accidentally used hilde's B+K on yoshi in super dragonfly online once and used Asty's 46B+G on yoshi in normal dragonfly once. so it might work.

idk... maybe try WP3B, it might work... if it doesn't, try WP3, A+B, the second part of that move often catches people out.

WP 3B+K TC's sooo you can use it to get under a high and send them flying across screen. Gotta be quick though and KNOw it's gonna be a very close high...so maybe---just effin maybe---Amy 6BB. I will have to try this for the rare times i fight amy in WP mode.

I didn't dig through the whole thread before asking this but please don't flame me.

Sometimes I noticed how Ivy can change her stance right at the start of the match seemingly without the normal half a second stance change delay. How do you manage to do that?

I didn't dig through the whole thread before asking this but please don't flame me.

Sometimes I noticed how Ivy can change her stance right at the start of the match seemingly without the normal half a second stance change delay. How do you manage to do that?

just hold B+K or A+K from the beginning.

Keep in mind if you do that though you're locked in the animation for a bit so be careful as you will be at immediate disadvantage.

I normally go WP by using CL backstep then holding A+K. I get 1 quick but long step then the switch. This can bait whiffs as well as provide better spacing if the opponent steps back too. If some one rushes in I do CL 6B instead of all that. The usual process for me is back step in CL, A+K, WP 6B+K2_8. From their I just poke and rack up SG dmg till forced out of WP

Thanks. Good advices! I didn't know you can negate the stance change delay by changing while stepping.

Another question. I played a guy who seems to be able to do SW's A+B unblockable without the darkened screen and it makes it harder to tell whether its been charged long enough to be a UB. How do you do that?

Back