SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

under what situation should you use Ivy's auto GI moves?
even if 1st part of spiral dominance GIs, can the following B attack hit?

since the patch completely raped link_rkc's FC1B, B, 6B8...
The best way to do 6B8 after G now, I find...is to preemptively hold 6 in the opposite direction right after FC1B.
this will ensure that the move becomes 6B before the 8 happens, rather than regular B...

I hope everyone's adjusting well to this.
The timing's kind of strict, but not impossible.

I miss the 8B+K Ivy Lick...
Not sure if this was the case in IV, but 8B+K was always a couple frames behind 6B8 in terms of hit frames anyway. In III, 8B+K even did less damage than 6B8 >.>

FC1b G 6B8 was never really all that difficult unless the camera was being indecisive.

since the patch completely raped link_rkc's FC1B, B, 6B8...
The best way to do 6B8 after G now, I find...is to preemptively hold 6 in the opposite direction right after FC1B.
this will ensure that the move becomes 6B before the 8 happens, rather than regular B...

I hope everyone's adjusting well to this.
The timing's kind of strict, but not impossible.

I'm using 2B+K, instead. Less damage, I know, but it's a lot easier. I'm too much of a button masher for the G 6B8...

Anyone know the top moves for destroy Soul Gauge¿
I use 44B+K B. It's a two hits and if you confirm the first hit, you can follow up a strong combo. 5 of these in a row can break the gauge on the first hit of the fifth, allowing you to charge the second hit fully and follow it up with 6B8 BE for around 115 damage.
It's a slow move, but with great reach, so it's best used on opponent's ukemi.

Anyone know the top moves for destroy Soul Gauge¿
2AB is also really good at Guard Break, that's probably the one you'll want to use the most since it has a lot of good utility.

22_88B,B,B,B,B,B is good for guard break too, but don't use it since if they guard the 1st hit they can interrupt or sidewalk the rest on reaction.

he means their radial position from Ivy
The opponent's body flying directly on top of Ivy after she flings them skyward is 12 o clock
I can understand the 11 o'clock, but what was the "1_" before it? Typo? Or is it depending on which way she's facing?

1_11 means 1 o' clock or 11 o' clock

The same way 22_88B means 22B or 88B
I kinda figured as much... So I'm assuming 1 o'clock is when Ivy is facing right... Will have to try that, been waiting at 12 o'clock to press G, hasn't been helping much... Sigh... Never had a problem with it back in SCII...

Has anybody else got 22[B ] to W! ? I have done it a couple of times in triaing mode but its extremly finky.

I was messing around with the patch and I found out that you can now combo CH22_88A, 3B, 6B8 for about 90 points of damage.

I was messing around with the patch and I found out that you can now combo CH22_88A, 3B, 6B8 for about 90 points of damage.

Not sure, but I think that might be character specific. Or based on the angle of the character. But that's just how it was pre-patch.

Back