SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

Hm, There has been rumors going around in Namco Bandai America about SoulCalibur VI. Because, rumor has it, SCVI will be annouced sometime next year? And that, Ivy will have better movelist along will better options. Ivy wont be the only one who will undergo a change though. Hmmm, has anyone else heard of this?
I don't think I've heard "rumours", only people hoping for an SCVI (as I am too). I hope they are true because I want to see them redeem themselves for how crudely they "dumbed down" Ivy.

Hey guys, am I so rusty in SCV that I can't even tell what's old and what's new, or is this really strange?

Ivy talking after being KOed with 6B+K, I don't think I've ever seen this happen before

Has anyone had bK land, and Ivy enters the attack throw animation, but the opponent doesn't?
It's a bit annoying because then I usually get hit.

Hey guys, am I so rusty in SCV that I can't even tell what's old and what's new, or is this really strange?

Ivy talking after being KOed with 6B+K, I don't think I've ever seen this happen before
I've seen that happen a few times.. I believe the same thing happens with Yoshi's HP give/steal throw and a few other throws that leave you standing.

I guess that sort of thing happens when the same stun is used twice in one combo, but I have no idea what moves share the same stun as her bK, let alone whether or not the stun itself is what causes the glitch. I'll probably go with what Mage said seeing as I've never seen it happen before...

But anyways, I popped over here to ask if anyone knows how many negative frames her CE is on whiff? It feels around -18 but I don't have my PS3 to check :/

I get what you're saying, like if you used 1B BE twice the second "stun" won't work.

Yep. That sort of thing gets really annoying when you try to use Omega's 236B :4 twice in wall combos. If you mess up the second 4 input you get a repeated stun and your opponent is free to do whatever the hell they like while Omega just stands there holding out her sword, muttering "so red" like a confused whore.

That's what made me wonder if it was the stun that caused Ivy to randomly rub her heel into the ground... like a confused whore.

This is a glitch that has been known since... SC3 I think? It's been there for ages and Namco has never bothered to remove it. Basically, using bK at tip range against a downed opponent will often trigger this glitch.

This is a glitch that has been known since... SC3 I think? It's been there for ages and Namco has never bothered to remove it. Basically, using bK at tip range against a downed opponent will often trigger this glitch.

It works but you have to step toward.

It is a hitbox problem I would guess, the game registers that you hit them but their game is like no way.

Yeah haha sorry, I found this out by accident.

Edit: It only works if you step to her right and you are relatively close. I don't think stepping left works.

Can someone educate me on what exactly the inputs are for quick buffering bK from crouch? Also how fast does it wind up coming out?

Can someone educate me on what exactly the inputs are for quick buffering bK from crouch? Also how fast does it wind up coming out?
Just press a direction before bK. I use 6~bK input. You can't press 6 and B at the same time obviously, otherwise you will get 6B.

22K RCC bK combo is difficult, I rarely use it because it's easy to mess it up.

Back