SCV Live Character Creation Demo Archive

For those of you who may have missed the SCV Live stream this morning, you can now find it in the Media section and embedded after the break.

The developers created a custom character and played two matches with her before moving onto other things, which was casually mentioned at the end of the stream, is that the devs will also be attending NEC XII which is a week and a few days from now. Get hype and stay tuned to the 8WayRun.com for all the latest SCV developments!

[media=xenmedio]2801[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Matches:

00:45:30 Custom 1 (Z.W.E.I.) vs Viola
00:56:30 Natsu vs Nightmare
01:01:00 Patroklos vs Hilde
01:05:10 Ezio vs Leixia
01:09:20 (small screen) Raphael vs Ivy
01:13:40 (small screen) Pyrrha vs Mitsurugi (first three rounds)

I noticed a few things. It seems that stats were mainly affected the characters styles, not by the height of the character. I also like how the character creation is more based on Broken Destiny instead of just SCIV. You start by choosing either originals or customs, item sizes and positions are adjustable, no stats tied to equipment (so girls don't have to look overdressed and guys don't have to look like garbage anymore), there aren't any special skills that give players unfair advantages over others, and you can make a selection card for your character when your done. It does seem that they'll be using cards in the final version and there won't be any fighting styles exclusive to created characters. I also wished they spent more time on character creation in the video (they could've used the time they spent playing original matches to show more features and created characters), but I'm glad that its a huge improvement over what SCIV had.

I agree they could have spent more time on the character creation, maybe making a few CAW's. But love what I see so far. And am I wrong, or did I see that you can choose "custom" fighting styles as well?

I agree they could have spent more time on the character creation, maybe making a few CAW's. But love what I see so far. And am I wrong, or did I see that you can choose "custom" fighting styles as well?
I just saw that. that maybe custom fighting styles or a mode to edit originals. I go with custom.

Um, Okay... It's Broken Destiny's character creation mode, with tattoos and stamps. I agree it's an improvement over SC4's, but it's hardly the OMFGYOUAREGOINGTOBESOAMAZEDYOUWILLPISSYOURSELF that they hyped up before. They still have the same assortment of ass-ugly faces, with about 3 cute ones, and while fabric patterns are very nice, I don't see any new clothing items that we haven't seen in SC4 or BD. (Though granted, they spent so much f***ing time gibbering in their moonspeak and whacking each other with the plastic hammer that we didn't get to see much).

Conclusion: Not impressed.

And am I wrong, or did I see that you can choose "custom" fighting styles as well?

You're wrong, I'm afraid. In Broken Destiny, you start character creation with two options: Originals (editing the soul calibur cast) and Custom (creating/editing original characters). That's what you saw.

The 20 hit combo dusent worry me cuz calibur has good damage scailing but that last UB. Hm.... Nah. Still not affected fo some reason.

Also i did catch them makeing zwei BUT, notis that you can chose female style zwei but picked male. Even so first thing im doing is makeing a Lady char with small tits... And a PHAT ass.

I'm disappointed that they didnt do more creating and demonstrating. instead they did more playing and talking with each other then creating. All on all i'm still excited. I thought they had custom fighting styles but it was a selection between creating new characters and remaking originals. Still cant wait to see what they give us now......

Well this Video answered one major question and confirmed it, my in-game self can have my very own werewolf spirit minion!

Thanks ZWEI!

Also that Viola Combo... she needs to be nerfed, that Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 zoning right there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back