SCV Live Character Creation Demo Archive

For those of you who may have missed the SCV Live stream this morning, you can now find it in the Media section and embedded after the break.

The developers created a custom character and played two matches with her before moving onto other things, which was casually mentioned at the end of the stream, is that the devs will also be attending NEC XII which is a week and a few days from now. Get hype and stay tuned to the 8WayRun.com for all the latest SCV developments!

[media=xenmedio]2801[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we even color the Wolf Character?
And They still dont have any face editors. I dont want to be stuck with the same masks from SC4.
You can only choose one of four colors for EIN, it seems. I didn't care if you could edit him; he's fine as he is. Tbh I found the video to be disappointmenting. There were some features in the previous CC video that they didn't touch (they didn't make a male character, change weapon effect coloring, edit weapons, edit eyes, etc,.) I don't see much a problem with the faces though (personally I like make cool girls more than "cute" ones). People say they didn't like SCIVs female faces, but only two of them were bad. The rest were fine. They added more options here, but chose not to use all of them.

EDIT: Problems that need to be fixed by the final.
- Faces need to have the option to be edited (Size of Features / Position [slanted/straight])
- Different Types of eyes to select (Toad eyes, Demon eyes, Cat eyes, Nightmare's eyes)
- New haistyles (I want Sigfried's P2 hairstyle from SC3 and Tira's SC3 P1 outfit)
- New faces... or Bring back the ones from SC3...
- Character Facial expressions should not be preset. We should be able to choose the emotion.

Remember that this isnt the final build of the game. Lots of things can be changed and I'm sure they didnt show everything in the Ezio Build, regarding CAS mode that is. I'm kinda disappointed with the vid as well though. Maybe they were rushed for time and couldnt really do much.

Remember that this isnt the final build of the game. Lots of things can be changed and I'm sure they didnt show everything in the Ezio Build, regarding CAS mode that is. I'm kinda disappointed with the vid as well though. Maybe they were rushed for time and couldnt really do much.
i think that they were just talking casually too much. i think that's what wasted the most time.

i'm kinda disappointed. like in SCIV, CAS still have their own generic camera angles for intros and winning poses instead of the nice polished ones the regulars have (missing the DoF mostly, too)...it would have been extremely easy to fix this...

also, the base body type thing is kinda pointless when you cannot really make anything original. -20 chest size is still a very well filled a- or b-cup. also strange to see only two body types instead of three (slim, normal, fat)...guess i won't be making any Ludovigo type character in SCV as the male in the earlier CAS demo had -20 settings, too and was looking rather muscular still -_-

Well....I guess you can't please them all...I for one, enjoyed the video. Though, I do agree with the masses, they didn't show much of the CaS options, especially compared to the little trailer that came out earlier this month. And not bein' able to understand hardly anything kinda irritated me as well, but I think the stuff that they did show were still bounds over SCIV's CaS.

The matches that were shown were just beautiful. It seem like this game's geared toward bein' quick, offensive and combo heavy more so than its predecessors ever were. I mean, not only do we have nimble characters doin' monster combos [Viola...Oh My Geeaawwwd! *FilthieRich voice*], but we have a heavy hitter like Nightmare doin' 12 hit combos WITHOUT THE HELP OF A WALL. Holy shit!

The Luigiized clones are individualizin' themselves, and becomin' less like their predecessors. Leixia's actually startin' to look like a new character now, and not just a re-skinned X.

I do have one gripe. So far, My theory on the Characters' base model bein' subject to change as time progresses is still holdin' up, so I'm not too worried about this. But I have to call it out. Project Soul needs to change Nightmare's in-game face mask. It's fuckin' ugly, and completely different from his concept art.

all in all, I enjoyed the video, and I can't wait to see more.

People say they didn't like SCIVs female faces, and only the first three of them were decent. The rest were nightmare-inducing monstrosities.
Fixed that for you.

3. Faces are just terrible in SC4 and SC5 recycled them. The face they chose here was talim's. Hers isnt bad but FAR too many were in SC4. For me, there was only 1 male face I liked (the first) and all the others were ugly. For the girls, the first 3 were good and the other 4 were hideous especially the ogre with the big lips. However Taki had the only face for the "badass" chick while the other 2 were just "cute" happy pedophile luring faces.
If they wanted to recycle, they should have just went with SC3's... which had more diversity and actually had good faces..

This vid was a waste of time and excitement.
QUOTED. FOR. TRUTH.

lmao, pedophile luring faces.

1. I dont care about Ein either but its nice to know you can color him to match your basic scheme.

2. This vid was horrible. Nothing in english (probably wouldn't make a difference)
ii. They didnt go through anything indepth, they mainly screwed around and didnt even bother to show off as little as the features.
iii. Nothing was shown that wasn't shown in the trailer. I learned more from it then this. None of my questions were answered and I doubt you can edit the faces or expressions with is a fail STILL.

3. Faces are just terrible in SC4 and SC5 recycled them. The face they chose here was talim's. Hers isnt bad but FAR too many were in SC4. For me, there was only 1 male face I liked (the first) and all the others were ugly. For the girls, the first 3 were good and the other 4 were hideous especially the ogre with the big lips. However Taki had the only face for the "badass" chick while the other 2 were just "cute" happy pedophile luring faces.
If they wanted to recycle, they should have just went with SC3's... which had more diversity and actually had good faces..

This vid was a waste of time and excitement.

Yeah, overall the vid was a huge disappointment. Other than be only in japanese, they didn't do as much as they said this would.

I do agree that the males had only one or two good ones, but females had better faces. Faces 2 & 3 were pretty good, especially for Asian characters. I dont know what's with the hate for faces 4 & 7 (they're more like tier faces). You just need to give the character a proper style for them to work. I did that and those faces belong to two of my favorite characters. The faces also didn't look bad in combat either. Face 6 is just 'meh' and I wasn't too sure about using it either. As for 5 & 8...they pretty much should be burned at the stake. I absolutly hated face 1. I don't do huge insect-like eyes, which seemed bigger than any other part of the face. The only voice that would suit it is voice one and that shit was awful

i liked the aggressive female voice. layin' down the law! it was the last one i think. the first was okay but only for like one or two characters out of fifty. the religious female voice was cool and was the only one that would change up phrases depending on if you were facing someone opposite of her alignment. Amy's voice was cool because it was the most chill out of them all aside from the religious girl.

The best voices were all in Number 3.
"If you don't hurry up and run away, I'm going to kill you..>:("

SC4's voices sounded all fake and stiff "all talk and no action" that voice sounded like a damn robot. Amy's was unchangable, the pitch did nothing. The first voice was the best but annoying as all hell.

SC4's Faces were a nightmare, the only one I liked for females was the first 3...but they were all just asian designed. (Anime / Talim / Taki)

Nothing will change unless its addressed, I will be pissed if we still cant edit faces or choose the eyes we want etc.

Nothing will change unless its addressed, I will be pissed if we still cant edit faces or choose the eyes we want etc.
what do you mean choose the eyes? in the tutorial it shows that you can color the whole eye not just the iris. or are you talking about cat eyes and stuff like that?

Having watched the Ustream and the CAS trailer, I discovered something interesting with the Body Menu in Character Customization just now...

First look at this image during the CAS video we saw on the 2nd:
http://www.imagecabin.com/index.php?view=32201916858c18ae1fe146603&html=1

Now look at this image of the Ustream:
http://www.imagecabin.com/index.php?view=3220192171f471102b92464e6&html=1

Notice something missing in the Ustream? The facial paint! Incidentially, it's a woman being created in the second slide. Now despite previous screenshots showing a female creation, we got to see that there is an extra slot. In the video, we see options for faces and notice there are only eleven instead of the many variations for men's face. Why did they have those many faces? Facial hair! Why would a slot go missing? Because we will now be able to edit facial hair on men. Then again, this is just wishful thinking. In case you are wondering, this build's choice of facepaint is in the coloring menu.

I am not sure what to think about the Create a Character at the moment. It appears that there are a lot of new things in terms of patterns and colour options. I really love how you can edit your eye whites, weapon effects, and add in patters to colour your costume/weapon. Speaking of EYE WHITES does anyone happen to know if you can edit things like eye type? Such as what kind of pupil you have or how big the eye is, for example cat eyes, toad eyes, DEMON EYES, stuff like that! ANYWAY! I dont really mind that the video didnt explore a whole lot of this because it was nice to just see it in action.
Some things that disappointed me were first of all that they recycled so much from SCIV. Another being no custom fighting styles for CaS characters. What annoyed me most was that they still lack face sliders or at least selecting individual parts for your face like in the Sims or even Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires. Lack of outfit options was also quite annoying from what I observed. In SC3 you had multiple layers for your outfits like an under armor, middle armor and over armor (including torso and leg options) which I really loved because it enabled you to do so much in terms of outfit customization. In SCIV I was so annoyed that they limited options to one layer. They also strangely fused the belts/faulds with pants! Good thing they fixed that in BD but it would still be nice if they actually had their own section. It would also be nice if you could edit things asymmetrically, but I dont know if they have that just yet (also what I mean there is it would be cool if you could make eyes different colours from one another, one shoulder pad on an arm or different shoulder pads per arm, that kind of thing). ANYWAY! enough of my complaining!
The main reason I am not raging about what I have seen so far is that this is most likely very early footage of CaS mode. Who knows what we may see in the final version. There could be huge changes done in the time that is left to CaS mode. I will stay hopeful and wait. If it turns out being the same I will be disappointed but at the same time I know that they have said themselves that there will be more Soul Calibur games after V so I can always just think "it will get better". DLC will also most likely help improve it. Anyway I just wanted to post my opinion on the video ^ ^ and the battles were fun to watch. OH YEA and sorry for my wall of text.

EDIT: Oh yea and I didnt notice if they had facial hair for male chars or not like posted up above : o hope that gets added in. I wanna make a viking Astaroth! with a beard that touches his stomach!

EDIT AGAAAIIN!: Oh yea and I am happy that they have more voices and voice options now! I hope they have more voices in the end ^ ^ I dont mind if there arent but its always nice to have a variety of voices for your CaS characters.

SORRY ANOTHER EDIT: I also enjoyed how you could use the main character's outfits 1P and 2P on CaS chars in BD. I hope they bring that back too, maybe even the parts from IV. Ugh I sound like I am asking for too much ^ ^ I'll just stop now.

Those eyes are horrendous. lol
actually all of these eyes are the same but with some curve changed I think that character with those kinds of eyes in a game with real face features are a totaly FAIL CHARACTER LIKE THIS ONE
soulcalibur-iv-ps3-screenshot-angol-fear.jpg

actually all of these eyes are the same but with some curve changed I think that character with those kinds of eyes in a game with real face features are a totaly FAIL CHARACTER LIKE THIS ONE
soulcalibur-iv-ps3-screenshot-angol-fear.jpg
I thought she was a Nintendo character when I first saw her :P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back