SCV Story Speculation/Discussion

If this is true... this is good... The Narutimate series has always had a good story mode.

I don't understand why is CyberConnect handling this.

They do great cutscenes from an animation standpoint, but that's all. Their games have very average story modes, just generic "go there-fight foes-collect shit-come back-rinse and repeat".

Something like that could be written by a monkey, no need to outsource it.

I don't see problem here considering writing for older Soul Calibur games.
Plus some decent cutscenes might be a nice touch.

Wait isn't Naruto the anime with the retarded Ninja's and .Hack the show where dumbass kids are too stupid to not play a MMORPG that puts them into comas? You know what, to hell with it. Just as long as no one throws gears in this story mode and all characters can be quickly unlocked I'm cool with it.

So is this a good thing? Anybody heard of these co-developers?

CyberConnect2 is responsible for .hack series (and it's later incarnations), but they're also the developers for the recent Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 which got really good reviews from the press on both sides of the pacific. They're an up and coming developer that's been getting progressively better at producing quality games, very similar to Level-5.

Seeing them producing the story mode for SC5 does not make doubt their quality, but I won't judge them this early when I haven't seen anything from them yet to give me pause.

.hack and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm developer CyberConnect2 are working with Project Soul on Soulcalibur V. Decked out in Naruto cosplay, Hiroshi Matsuyama, CEO, announced they are working on the game’s story mode. One of the things CyberConnect2 is doing is creating storyboards for Soulcalibur V.

Matsuyama assured that while Lars was a guest character in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Naruto will not make a cameo in Soulcalibur V.

Also during the Namco Bandai fight club panel, producer at Hisaharu Toga said to fans Taki is not dead. The team wanted to show Natsu, Taki’s apprentice first, instead of showing Taki who aged 17 years after the events in Soulcalibur IV. Natsu will not be a Taki clone either. She has her own fighting style and many teleporting moves.
Hey buddy I like your thread.

In discussion to the story. The destruction of Soul Edge means the death of Pyrrha since she's sustain by it's powers. Hence, why Sophitia acted as a servant for Nightmare by protecting the sword from it's destruction.

Since Tira kidnapped Pyrrha. The questions are.
Who taught her sword fighting?
Was Pyrrha saved by her mother or cassandra?
Or did Tira raise Pyrrha?
Why doesn't Patroklos know of her sister, if she was raised by either her mom or aunt?
Sophitia was never actually controlled by soul edge, but people say she might be the new Nightmare?
Is it Tira or Sophitia who wants to live forever with Pyrrha?

Why doesn't Patroklos know of her sister, if she was raised by either her mom or aunt?
Sophitia was never actually controlled by soul edge, but people say she might be the new Nightmare?
Yeah,same questions remain in my mind...

Hey buddy I like your thread.

In discussion to the story. The destruction of Soul Edge means the death of Pyrrha since she's sustain by it's powers. Hence, why Sophitia acted as a servant for Nightmare by protecting the sword from it's destruction.

Just an assumption here, but Pyrrha's fighting might be divine knowledge granted by her sword and shield. Much like Sophitia in Soul Edge. In other words, she probably doesn't have any formal training, but thanks to the magic of the sword and shield, she automatically knows how to fight.

Based on her profile, it appears that Pyrrha moved from place to place rather than being raised by any single individual or by Tira. It's likely Sophitia was able to save Pyrrha and tried bringing her back home, but died before getting there, leaving Pyrrha with her mother's sword and shield at the doorstep of some family.

Patroklos was two years old when Pyrrha disappeared. He's not likely to have fully formed memories of her at that point in his childhood.

We'll have to wait and see on that final question.

I want to bring up CyberConnect2 doing the story mode for SC5. With them doing all the development for the story mode and perhaps the various missions, it leaves the main Project Soul team to refine and focus on the game play elements. In other words, they'll have more resources and staff working on making sure the game is as tuned as possible (and probably making CAS as robust as it can be). So I think this is a good thing, it means that development isn't going to be split within the main team and each group can focus on what they do best or what they've been assigned to do.

I want to bring up CyberConnect2 doing the story mode for SC5. With them doing all the development for the story mode and perhaps the various missions, it leaves the main Project Soul team to refine and focus on the game play elements. In other words, they'll have more resources and staff working on making sure the game is as tuned as possible (and probably making CAS as robust as it can be). So I think this is a good thing, it means that development isn't going to be split within the main team and each group can focus on what they do best or what they've been assigned to do.
Now Why couldnt the makers of the Dragonball Z games do this? maybe then the gameplay for their games won't be so horrendous.

Yeah I tend to agree...that's one less thing to worry about. I felt that the time frame they set was too short for the amount of stuff people want in SCv. Good to see the single player is getting just as much focus as the multiplayer.

Windstar...So who do you figure is the crazy woman at the beginning of the character trailer, aiming to live forever with pyrrha?

Seems like a smart choice. Leave the story to people who know how, and focus all their energy on making the gameplay amazing. A company that can make a Naruto game good. Something I never thought could happen...

Natsuto confirmed. She has 9-tails hair and she he will be Hokage!

Taki may be alive but I doubt she'll be returning as a playable character. She's got a "successor" with the same costume she's always had and even though they're saying Natsuto won't be a Taki clone, the screenshots and videos showed her with many of the same exact moves. I don't think us Taki fans are going to luck out and have a Sophitia/Cassandra situation here.

As far as they make the story cool, I'm fine with this.
Namco is now free to improve and get on only with the gameplay, since they don't have to think about the story, even though that's awkward to me...

Natsuto confirmed. She has 9-tails hair and she he will be Hokage!

Taki may be alive but I doubt she'll be returning as a playable character. She's got a "successor" with the same costume she's always had and even though they're saying Natsuto won't be a Taki clone, the screenshots and videos showed her with many of the same exact moves. I don't think us Taki fans are going to luck out and have a Sophitia/Cassandra situation here.
She actually has a demon inside her in her profile.

Sounds like an overkill solution, but hey, if Namco seriously can't get anyone in their own company to make a good story then contracting another company to do so is the best idea.

I'm puzzled about the comments about Taki. If Taki is supposedly in the game, then why the heck does Natsu have even the exact same idle stance as Taki? You'd think that's the first thing they'd change for a new character.

Edit: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/72646.html - Cyberconnect 2 has primarily made only Naruto and .hack games. Are those games known for having good story and storyline presentation?

Back