SCV Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everybody has fast CEs that can be used as punishers either. Most people would be lucky to get 20-30 dmg if you mess up an umbrella.

Best throw game? Check.
Best punishment? Check.
Highest damage mids? Check.
Strong low game? Check.

aPat even still has decent mid range control. You lack 66A now but 2363B still commands respect as you can't afford to get counter hit by it. Plus the threat of counter hit or whiff punishment opens you up to just run in and apply aPats ridiculous mixup game.

JF Umbrella hitting grounded is retarded and needs to go. That would fix this character.

I agree, BDC is retardedly complicated. Who decided that you should have to be a damn master of execution just to move backwards faster than a snail on sleeping pills. That's why I prefer SC to tekken. Movement is intuitive, just like real life, when I walk backwards I don't have to crouch for 1/4 of a second before I take another step. Why should I have to in a video game?
it made me think to qwop :D

Aside tier list....don t you find tiers being more a problem here than in scIV?
did you thougt why?

Want to see my Tier List?

Godlike: Alpha Pat
Mid: anyone who can put up a fight with God himself
Bottom: the rest.

k thx bye.

You know, even without doing anything fancy, just simple one move at a time playing around Patsuka is crazy good. He does enough damage with one hit that just using the right move at the right time is enough to scrape by without any of his more advanced stuff. At least compared to Viola, that is... You can be doing great with her, thinking 'wow, I'm pretty snazzy" then realize you've done no damage are actually losing the fight. That's almost not an exaggeration. That said, I think she's actually not in a bad place tier-wise, as long as you're relentless.

JF Umbrella hitting grounded is retarded and needs to go. That would fix this character.
This is pretty much all that really needs to be changed. Without this he no longer has broken damage and will need to use meter to boost his combo damage like everyone else. He'd still be a strong character, just not overpowered.

I'm starting JG stuff on reaction and prediction like I would in SCIV with GI, and thought of 72 damage after JGing almost anything with a double twister is scary. Even if it's impossibly hard to do for the really safe pokes. Make him use meter for that kind of damage (BE 44B+K, i14 leads to 70+, 100 with another bar)

74 damage off a B throw-twister with a 67 damage A throw is plenty. 99 from B-throw double-twister is too much.

And btw is there any bug in online ranked match that forces you to fight only Pyrrha once you get to rank C? 12 Pyrrhas in a row...

Has anyone come up with a remotely complete system to rank characters? Or are we chucking stuff at the chalkboard and going, "This character is ridiculous" or "this character sucks"? I'd like to know.
I think the chalkboard method is actually a good idea. We just have to agree for everyone to use the same pattern. Then we can count the single votes and build a consensus.
I propose using the 5-tier pattern:

God: aPat, oPyrrha, Pat, Pyrrha, Natsu

Top: Cervantes, Nightmare, Maxi, Mitsurugi, Xiba, Leixia

Mid: Tira, Ezio, Astaroth, Voldo, Yoshi, Hilde, Algol

Low: Siegfried, Aeon, Zwei, Raphael, Ivy

Bottom: Dampiere, Viola

And btw is there any bug in online ranked match that forces you to fight only Pyrrha once you get to rank C? 12 Pyrrhas in a row...

Nah thats story mode syndrome, people had to learn a hand full of moves to get through her story mode segments so if they are new to SC they will no doubt go with Pyrrha or Pat.

Why Natsu is so popular i'm not sure as I never really come across that many Taki players in SC4.

As for Sieg/NM players its becuase they have big swords.

My completely objective and factual tier list:

S Tier:
aPat
Devil Jin

A Tier:
Natsu
Pyrrha
Patroklos
Maxi
Algol

B Tier:
Cervantes
Leixia
Yoshimitsu
Pyrrha Omega
Voldo
Nightmare

C Tier:
Xiba
Tira
Astaroth
Hilde
Mitsurugi
Ezio
Siegried
ZWEI
Ivy

D Tier:
Viola
Raphael
Dampierre

Retardedly Useless Tier:
Aeon

Not everyone is playing pyrrha omega.

In fact it's interesting how people justify alpha pat's power level by complaining about pyrrha omega. This situation obviously occurs the other way around, and somehow these two horses think they keep each other in check.

Didn't realize how many more pages there were before i felt compelled to reply.. argh

Hey i said from the beginning that aPAT looks quite imba...actually i never justiefied anything. What i posted is a fact, not an attempt to make him look balanced. Funny how you just cut the part where i said he is "crazy good".

i just point out his weakness when people ask about it. aPAT has some weakness, one is he has no threatening antisteps. Stepping against him is really quite safe, at least on mid-maxrange where you only have to fear 2363B. The other one is that in real play you probably will never get his full damage, while other characters get 100 DMG combos from inputs a monkey could do after 1 hour practice.

In comparison to other characters he has a bad Wallgame, since camera always gets him BT.
His A+G Throw whiffs against quite a few characters etc etc..

His FC3:B can be quickstepped extremely easy and whiffpunishen with anything you want, thats 100+ Damage formost of the chars. Also his strongest Mid is a canned attack which WILL BE JG soon by top players.

While i agree he is extremely strong, most people just play like shit against him and dont know nothing. He is far far away from beeing SC4 Ivy...

Again i agree he is Top Tier, so please dont pick one sentence again and act like i justify his power. In comparison to other people i just research my shit before i start whining.

That's a good thing, no? If Ivy had such damage from mids, throws and punishments the game would be unplayable ;PP

Of course thats a good thing :) Nobody wants SC4 Ivy in this game...im just stating that even when most of his stuff look quite imba (after not even 2 WEEKS of play), he has some weakness to exploit. He is too strong but its easily adjustable, just a bit early in my opinion. A slight Damage nerf and he is ok, not having a good antistep is a huge deal in a game with quickstep.

People come into this thread saying "ZOMG i Lost to Alissa/Edgemaster A1 aPAT, he is IMBA."...we cannot listen to those people at all :P

AlphaPat is basically Setsuka with less moves, but upgraded Umbrella. Did the rest of the cast REALLY fall down that much?!

He is nowhere near OP, its just the people who can play him, can do Work. ie. If they are capable of handling Patsuka, they must have already been a legit player.

Feels Like Maxi has had the biggest Jump in "tier rating", and probably the highest he has been in any game.

I still dont get the Devil Jin thing.

Someone please put Natsu in bottom tier. She is extremely overrated and easy to beat.

That's an illusion due to the sheer volume of scrubs using her, shes become the new 'go to' player like Kilik or Mitsu in SC4.

Shes definately not a bottom tier character but I agree that if you know what to watch out for she can be easy to beat.

That's an illusion due to the sheer volume of scrubs using her, shes become the new 'go to' player like Kilik or Mitsu in SC4.

Shes definately not a bottom tier character but I agree that if you know what to watch out for she can be easy to beat.

Yea that is true. Forgive my outburst, I just don't like it when people rate Natsu so high.
She actually has one of the most damaging combo potential in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back