SCV Tokyo Game Show/GAMEfest Video Archive

thank you, it looks like it won't work in juggles as only some of the hit connect
If the first hit that missed, hit and still bounced them, it work and it'd be an awesome combo.

Is there any videos where you can see the full damage of Ivy's Critical Edge? I don't think I've seen one where it hasn't killed them when used.

Hi TalimJP

Could u ask Sousuhi:
For Ivy does he get to test if all 4,2,1,3,6 + 8wr for A and B inputs have a WP version?
Is CE gurranteed after GI?

Thx

Hi!

sousuhi has been lookin here himself so he'll probably get to your Q when he checks this thread.

Does Pat have two different BE attacks after his 236B?

1:08 he does two shield bashes
2:08 he does one shield bash followed by a downward strike

Or maybe its situational like the first one comes out in a juggle and the second one comes out if your opponent is standing on the ground?

Second one is actually 66AB Brave Edge. The move is actually one the first examples we got from Daishi about Brave Edges months ago.

Gotta say, that combo looked absolutely amazing. It seems to me that there's a good risk vs. reward to that move. Clearly the move is fairly linear, requires at least one full bar, and a CH on the first hit. Not to mention its punishable on the last hit (second hit might be safe, though) - maybe even launch punishable for some characters. So I think the balance for it is good, and damage can be easily adjusted so its not too rewarding when it does hit.

Also... it's probably not the only combo Pat has. Nor would it probably be the only combo that a single character in the game might have. There's likely to be several characters (if not all of them) that have something like that they can pull off.

Question for sousuhi or talimjp:
What are some of the better follow ups you have found after ZWEI's CE hits?
Also thank you for all of the videos and info :)

Second one is actually 66AB Brave Edge. The move is actually one the first examples we got from Daishi about Brave Edges months ago.

Gotta say, that combo looked absolutely amazing. It seems to me that there's a good risk vs. reward to that move. Clearly the move is fairly linear, requires at least one full bar, and a CH on the first hit. Not to mention its punishable on the last hit (second hit might be safe, though) - maybe even launch punishable for some characters. So I think the balance for it is good, and damage can be easily adjusted so its not too rewarding when it does hit.

Also... it's probably not the only combo Pat has. Nor would it probably be the only combo that a single character in the game might have. There's likely to be several characters (if not all of them) that have something like that they can pull off.
I was mad that he messed up that last combo opportunity with the two kicks. I always like a good kick slash combo and i really hope that other characters have them in their arsenal.

Question For Sousuhi:
Can one CE cancel the other out?
Can Maxi do his CE during a stance or only from neutral position?
Is Ivy's CE guaranteed if you are standing when she initiates it?
Astaroth's CE looks like it could grab a crouching opponent. Is that possible?
Does every character have the same amount of BE's or does it vary among the cast?

Question For Sousuhi:
Kayane said when she played it that if you're standing when it goes to the cutscene, it's unavoidable. Her hand glows, like, .25 seconds before the cutscene, so you'd have to be really fast to duck.

Kayane said when she played it that if you're standing when it goes to the cutscene, it's unavoidable. Her hand glows, like, .25 seconds before the cutscene, so you'd have to be really fast to duck.
Thats the comic con build. Just looking at TGS vids her activation startup before freezeframe is longer.

Question for sousuhi or talimjp:
What are some of the better follow ups you have found after ZWEI's CE hits?
Also thank you for all of the videos and info :)

I couldn't try combo. I think Eins's right-straight-punch may work. (it makes opponent down and run on the ground)

Can one CE cancel the other out?
I didn't try. But I think and wish it is impossible.

Can Maxi do his CE during a stance or only from neutral position?

Oosaka said he didn't try.

If you are standing when it goes cutscean, Ivy's CE is guaranteed. It is same as low attack.

Astaroth's CE looks like it could grab a crouching opponent. Is that possible?

No. It is same as Ivy's CE. Astaroth grabs opponent's head in his CE, not crouching opponent.

Does every character have the same amount of BE's or does it vary among the cast?
I don't know. Daishi may know.

Back