SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

Has anyone noticed that the second hit of 3AB misses on Aeon post patch? Maybe it's just some weird shit I'm doing in training right now but it the B whiffs every single time BE'd or not.​

I thought it was just weird.. but yeah it happens all the time. =/

There seems to be a few weird Aeon only problems us Yoshi players have. Pre-patch the a:B+K > iMCF > 66A (BE) > bA combo wouldn't work on him because it wouldn't grant CH on the bA. I wonder if it's still that way.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of iMCF but it's really wears out my fingers training it. Stupid slide inputs.

There seems to be a few weird Aeon only problems us Yoshi players have. Pre-patch the a:B+K > iMCF > 66A (BE) > bA combo wouldn't work on him because it wouldn't grant CH on the bA. I wonder if it's still that way.
Nope works now. The combo can whiff on any one depending on the angle you catch them on the a:B+K though. If they are a bit off axis the MCF won't fully realign them and even 66B to doorknocker misses the odd time.

I thought about adding a just kidding after it, but I figured it was implied. Gotta watch my manners since I'm a mod though I suppose.

The second hit of 3AB doesn't connect on Aeon unless his back is near edge/wall in 1.02. So hopefully that fixed that because it not only makes 3AB useless against him, but 3AB (BE).

Alright, damage is all the same as far as I can tell. 3AB still whiffs on Aeon, but I found if you hit confirm it and press B a little later it will connect. The only big difference I saw was the 4K (blocked) B (hit) > DNK > 3B combo doesn't work anymore. It might have something to do with how OTG moves work now. Although 3B > DNK (near edge/wall) still works. It might have something to do with Japanese Yoshi players abusing 4K gimmicks?

Frame wise? No idea, I'm not going through the trouble of testing that tonight.

The more I play online, the more I realize how far down the ladder Yoshi actually is. He has such a retardedly small hit box, trying to play Mitsu and Sieg is pointless. He has so little combo options that mid-tier players can see anything coming from a mile away. He is my main at 64% played, but I feel just as good, if not better with most of the other characters. And what's up with him having almost nothing changed in the patches?

This shit makes me want to cry.

The more I play online, the more I realize how far down the ladder Yoshi actually is. He has such a retardedly small hit box, trying to play Mitsu and Sieg is pointless. He has so little combo options that mid-tier players can see anything coming from a mile away. He is my main at 64% played, but I feel just as good, if not better with most of the other characters. And what's up with him having almost nothing changed in the patches?

This shit makes me want to cry.

Wait thou must, fellow Manjitou comrade. Time will reveal the fate of our main that is Yoshi. It cometh soon. Til then, the game is but a young newborn still. Na-mu.....

Yoshi is still awesome IMO. It's cool cause if you opponent doesn't know about MCF you can feed it to then all day after set ups and if they do, they freeze for him strong mix ups game. Plus Yosh has awesome basic normals, the best low in the game, piles of tech traps which do loads of damage and a really powerful CE which you can frame trap for half their life!! Yoshi is the dude. The fact that they don't touch him in patches is good if you look at what every one else is having done to them for the most part.

The 4K, B doorknocker stuff still works for me post patch... Wonder if it's character specific. I'm in practice mode with aPat as we speak.

The 4K, B doorknocker stuff still works for me post patch... Wonder if it's character specific. I'm in practice mode with aPat as we speak.

I was testing it on Aeon, so maybe it's another thing that just randomly whiffs on his dumb ass.

Back