Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i do JG, i either go for punishment(usually a 3B or b6) or ill go for a grab or a stance mixup, depending on how much advantage i have, how much meter i have, the tendancies of my opponent, ect.
You do 3B? Lol. My 3B's whiff when I JG T~T. If I have meter, I'll use 66[K],BE. If I don't, B6 is my best friend lol.

So does anyone else here like that feeling when you playing as Sieg, you bother to use that move called guard impact, look and your frame data and go "Hey, 1B would be great here, highest no-meter damage and reverse ring-out options". You GI that Omega bitch try to 1B her and Namco is like "too OHH_PEE" and it just knocks her to the deck for about 28 damage or less. And sometimes it doesn't even give the knockdown.

Anyway just thought I would throw that out since you were talking about JG because that 1B having fuck all impale range can really piss me off when I lose games because of it.

So if 1B is failing is 3B SCH K (39 damage) the next best option? Because going from 1B(64 damage) to 39 is the main reason why I don't touch GIs with Sieg because I should just burn it on my BEs instead for more damage. Does anyone know some awesome Sieg tech to make 1B impale better lol?

I actually did manage to impale someone for the very first time tonight. All the crap at the side of the ring in Ivy's lab seemed to keep me from getting the ringout, though.

Don't ask us, ask this genius...

It's all about those reverse mix ups when you have frame advantage...
Ok seriously. I usually don't bother with it unless it's a slow move I know I'll get some half decent damage from.
fuck-that-guy-dumb-bitch-yao-ming-rage-face-231x300.png

Don't ask us, ask this genius...

It's all about those reverse mix ups when you have frame advantage...
Ok seriously. I usually don't bother with it unless it's a slow move I know I'll get some half decent damage from.
Solo your a hater. Your opinion is not fact man. Grow up. Being able to jG adds another layer of mix-ups. And yes it does help some characters more than others, but its certainly not a game breaker if your character isn't the one most benefited from it.

Even if you play a character that gets nothing guaranteed post jG it is scary as hell to face you when you can correctly predict or react to your enemy and jG their shit.

If you see an enemy predicting or reacting to your stuff and jG'ing than its no one else's but your fault if you dont adapt and mix it up.

when i do JG, i either go for punishment(usually a 3B or b6) or ill go for a grab or a stance mixup, depending on how much advantage i have, how much meter i have, the tendancies of my opponent, ect.
Take a hint from this guy. He actually knows what he is talking about.

Solo your a hater. Your opinion is not fact man. Grow up. Being able to jG adds another layer of mix-ups. And yes it does help some characters more than others, but its certainly not a game breaker if your character isn't the one most benefited from it.

Even if you play a character that gets nothing guaranteed post jG it is scary as hell to face you when you can correctly predict or react to your enemy and jG their shit.

If you see an enemy predicting or reacting to your stuff and jG'ing than its no one else's but your fault if you dont adapt and mix it up.

Take a hint from this guy. He actually knows what he is talking about.
can you both please take this somewhere else? JG is both a positive and a negative thing - a double edged sword. in one direction it allows you to continue your offensive momentum at a relatively low risk, which for some characters can be very very powerful, and can even decide the outcome of a match. on the other hand it can essentially take away frame traps at little risk(if the opponent guess that you'll JG, and they guess right, they still dont get damage from it either way unless they force grab mixup and you guess wrong)which in short makes having advantage meaningless, because the game becomes nothing more than a constant slew of mixup - this can be very bad for certain characters who rely on locking their opponent down or controlling their movement, and it essentially skews those characters risk/reward games right up. and not to mention, it gets to the point where characters are essentially being PUNISHED AT ADVANTAGE, which is well...if you think thats a good thing, good for you, thats your opinion and your view of soul calibur. some people dont particularly like it, and thats their opinion, their view.

And when you think about JG you also have to compare it to its predocessor, the old GI system and how it functioned in much the same way except nothing was guaranteed and attempting to GI was a risk in itself. and well the new GI system functions in much the same way except it covers all options AT A RISK, which essentially makes it good only for shifting momentum during rushdown, 50/50's, ect (which i feel personally is best demonstrated by the viola matchup).

But even so regardless of whats what, thats a SC tactics subject of discussion, not a Siegfried Specific Discussion, so keep it out of the SA. now if you guys want to know specific siegfried JG punishes/situations, and specific anti siegfried JG punishes/situations, or how siegfried can avoid being JG'd, how he can bait moves so that he can get free JG, ect, then this is the place to do that(this is graciously demonstrated by the people who have posted beneath your post). And to be clear, im not targeting you personally Senzait, im targeting the SA as a whole(and yes this includes solo, and whatever altercation you two may be having) cause i dont wanna deal with a flamewar about just guard here. im not saying anybodys wrong(everybody has their opinion, so i could care less) or that anybody is trying to start something, im just saying period.

So this question is bothering me for a while now, what is the best follow-up after 3A? I see as much high lvl players go for 2A+B as there are those who go for dash 3B. 2A+B kinda has a wonky hitbox while dash 3B can be a little bit strict on the timing to prevent teching but gives kinda better oki.

So all in all, which one is better?

So this question is bothering me for a while now, what is the best follow-up after 3A? I see as much high lvl players go for 2A+B as there are those who go for dash 3B. 2A+B kinda has a wonky hitbox while dash 3B can be a little bit strict on the timing to prevent teching but gives kinda better oki.

So all in all, which one is better?
2A+B is supposed to combo after 3A, though not without fail. I think that's why most people do it, though. I'm trying to do different ground attacks though it's hard to override my instincts when I learned to do 2A+B so much when I was first learning Siegfried.

I personally do 2A+B unless I hit with 3A at tip range. Following up with 2(A+B) also allows for some stance dancing shenanigans because people are scared of SBH kBE. You can do 2/8B+K SCH B to make them block it and continue to apply pressure or you can force a SRSH mix up since people actually like to tech after getting hit by this move due to the chance of SBH kBE tracking their rolling. If I do with with 3A at tip I try to do dash 3B if I remember to since 2A+B won't connect. It also spaces you back out. What move you follow up with just depends on if you want to apply pressure/SRSH mix up or space them back out so they deal with the spacing game getting back in.

What about 6B+K into SRSH K while they're down? Anyone had any luck with that? I've been looking for a more reliable low knock-down attack to throw out there against opponents jumping back up as quickly as they can to defend an anticipated 66B or SBH kBE.

What about 6B+K into SRSH K while they're down? Anyone had any luck with that? I've been looking for a more reliable low knock-down attack to throw out there against opponents jumping back up as quickly as they can to defend an anticipated 66B or SBH kBE.
SRSH K doesn't hit grounded, it will go over them if they decide to stay down. If they tech and you're in SRSH chances are they'll block the K just because they had bad memories from SCIV. I honestly wouldn't use SRSH K for anything. I'd rather take my 3A, 2(A+B), 2/8B+K, SCH B(force block). If I am to do the SRSH mix up 75% chance I'm going to do the B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back