Siegfried SCV Non-Gameplay Related Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siegfried is the 1st Ninja Turtle! (go figure that out)

Slayer, don't you ever compare BBB to 3B again.. 3B is NOWHERE near as pro as BBB, so.. >_< (go figure that out)

Mastery of Siegfried has always been mastery of advantage through range THEN advantage through frames - it's having a balance between the two that makes a mastery of Siegfried
True :) As both IMO
No offence, but I hope you don't make such notes as it's not something I believe can be understood through writing - we as players just know it. It's why we're special =3
This is why I say "go figure that out" rather than telling what to do. IMO, this is a personal aspect between Siegfried & the player, along side with good defense. I believe every Siegfried player can find their way into range play on their own by exorcising some "gameplay-bacterial-demons" (blind folded+brainless spam of 3B, mixed with just grabs for example).

as for mastering sieg, i think it requires somewhat the mindset of a chess player. theoretical knowledge and practical execution; stuff like punishment, combo's, jf's, ect are really just means to an end. whether this be by spacing games, stance roulette and rush down, SG pressure, ect is really dependent on both the style of the siegfried player, his/her opponent and the current situation the player is confronted with at that time. what is your ability to react and deal with certain situations using only a limited set of tools? these are just some of the things a sieg player has to think about at a place or time. im no master for certain, but it all boils down to: what are all the things my opponent could possibly do in this situation? how can i deal with these options? how can i force them to do what i want them to do? if you can answer these questions, then with strong theoretical and practical knowledge to reinforce your answers, you can effectively find way's to bait your opponent for CH and punishment. really i suppose the same could be said about almost any character.

somethin that i like about siegfried though: CH really kicks some ass! lol

so really IMHO siegfried = bold and daring + cold and calculating

so really we're just informing players of tools that they already had in the beginning, but just didnt know about lol.
True :) (Mind reader :P bluuu)
I might add to that: CH really LOW kick some ass! wuaahahahahaha :D

You know what has been very useful? Creating the "illusion" of Siegfried being slower.. Many rivals have fallen for this trick. (heheh, go figure that out).

When I was teaching my last good student in SC, the last lesson was about tip range; as the sword is an extension of your body you can use this extension to make some moves more safe using the distance between the opponent as "punish delay"(good thing Jink).

I as Siegfried's dedicated player, had to learn Frame Data... game mechanics... know the tip range for each Siegf's moves... and even know what moves use the opponents to punish... so I can play in a competitive scenery without look like a loser.

But, playing Siegfried is not about a manual of gameplay, is about guts to take risks that no other character in the game have to take, and get a reward for that risk. What I want as Siegfried's user is better reward for the risk I take!

Better and bigger reward for the RISKS I on my own free will take!

More safety is for pussys. We are knights in shiny armors; heroes that take the most impossibles missions to accomplish!
Example: In SC3 11_33 B was a risk without reward... but in SC4 you can use this move, even for combos! CH is a property that Siegfried have to utilize more and more... 3B is really punishable but if you hit on Counter you can reverse the flow of the fight...

Also Siegfried need new moves to link with old moves; 3A is a good move but there's not other move that can be used to(far from the wall/Edge); More moves with options in mind: Slow moves but with a lot of power; a fast move to poke and a lot of other options to make harder to read our mind games...

What I want for SC5 Siegfried (humbly) is for all his roulette to be fluid & instant with B+K's GI & 2_8B+K's TS. With no buggy gaps & no flawed TS.
SC5 Siegfried safer than SC4's would kill my fun.

Another good thing for SC5 Siegfried that I have wanted since the addition of auto-GI moves, is for Siegfried to have more auto-GI moves with different GI orientations. Back then when playing SC2, I always wanted for NSSl'A+B & NSSr'A+B to auto-GI just like NLS'K did. Because NSS'A+B looked like it could GI, since he swung the Zweihander in front of him before swinging at the rival. And to my surprise in SC3, SSH'B did GI! ^_^

When I was teaching my last good student in SC, the last lesson was about tip range; as the sword is an extension of your body you can use this extension to make some moves more safe using the distance between the opponent as "punish delay"(good thing Jink).
:D Heheh, your welcome bro :)

lol well i'll do it someday, its not high on my priorities right now so much as finishing the rest of the stuff for siegfried is. imo, even if the information is there, you cant really learn any character through just reading. the information is merely there to act as a guide, a tool used to reinforce and accelerate knowledge for both siegfried players and players who struggle with anti siegfried. plus how would any of us get any better if no1 ever took the time to try and find crazy new stuff right? we'd all might still be BBB and 3{B} SCH B noobs in that case XD(jk everybody knows thats what PRO siegfrieds are made of! >_>)

as for mastering sieg, i think it requires somewhat the mindset of a chess player. theoretical knowledge and practical execution; stuff like punishment, combo's, jf's, ect are really just means to an end. whether this be by spacing games, stance roulette and rush down, SG pressure, ect is really dependent on both the style of the siegfried player, his/her opponent and the current situation the player is confronted with at that time. what is your ability to react and deal with certain situations using only a limited set of tools? these are just some of the things a sieg player has to think about at a place or time. im no master for certain, but it all boils down to: what are all the things my opponent could possibly do in this situation? how can i deal with these options? how can i force them to do what i want them to do? if you can answer these questions, then with strong theoretical and practical knowledge to reinforce your answers, you can effectively find way's to bait your opponent for CH and punishment. really i suppose the same could be said about almost any character.

somethin that i like about siegfried though: CH really kicks some ass! lol

so really IMHO siegfried = bold and daring + cold and calculating

so really we're just informing players of tools that they already had in the beginning, but just didnt know about lol.
Fuck you Dylan, I'm still a 3[ B] SCH B noob =P

not only do i remember it, i've done it within the past 10 days on my ps1 XD

well his cheeks might be wider for 1 of 2 reasons:

1) he's been a profesional knight for the past 15 or so years(or however many years we're skipping) and in turn has developed a heavier build to his body(especially from wielding that manly sword of his)

OR

2) he's finally been cured of his soul cancer ;)

TT-TT why cant they give us my beloved Crispin Freeman back! no offense to Roger Craig Smith, as he did a great job, but i just miss my super smexy awesome SC3 siggy VA!!! oh well...at least 3B is more amazing now.
Imagine if they then made it safe on block XD
*C'mon Superbuff!*

I hope this model is not finished yet... the sketch is 100 times manlier than the result 3D model.
siegfried2.jpg
best 3D model...

sc3-siegfried-01.jpg

Best Siegfried's design... Namco just add a good manly beard and you are done! easy and good!

That's a scary coincidence, I was playing Sieg a few days ago and my console died with a loud bang - turned out one of my radiators shattered, effectively exploding in my xbox XD
I didn't even know they could do that! @_@
Got a new one now though - 250GB bitches! =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back