So...with NEC XV now over...

You're all full of shit. Every single one of you has bitched or moaned or made some excuses at one point or another. Some more than others. Just reading through this gave me eye herpes.

All of that is at its core? "I wasn't playing my best."
Or it's because of the shit they say.

Well, just to be clear, I have heard of the whole "letting them win" fiasco. I've always been clear with anyone I've discussed this with that I don't care much for it, and all I know is I earned my wins VS both guy's. That being said, LP/Big Juan/Hawkeye all know where I stand, and that's that.

I'm really not trying to come off as a dick here on this one, but this goes back to what I explained earlier, "My initial post has gone over your head. Probably due to your personal feelings towards myself, LP, and big juan."

I don't see why you brought up something LP/Hawkeye/Big Juan said before. It 'kind of' coincides with the whole "excuses" thing I'm bringing to light, but I'm speaking on one certain individual, Blueboyb. It's not even like it's negative towards the guy, or directed at something he said. We talked in person about it, briefly, but that's mine and his conversation. I could use myself for the example (in fact, I think I did) but, if someone were to say that I underperformed at SCR2K13, it's a load of crap.

I think you're missing what "underperformed" means in this context. There's a world of difference between "he SHOULD have won, but didn't" and "what he ACTUALLY did was surprising given what we've come to expect." The whole point is that the US is way deep, skill-wise.
When you put it in a way, like, "He's really good, I didn't expect him to lose." I can see that. Actually, I more than see it. That's exactly how I feel. Also, you're right, I am looking at it being said "He SHOULD have won, but didn't." Might not be the case for you though, Hates. You're an honest man.

Also, again, I agree... the USA is deep, skill-wise . To decide on an absolute best can sometimes be impossible. Also, post NECXV, I came back home with a new insight on this game, the community, and USA's skills. I'm proud of us.

Yeah it was super frustrating watching shad and Blue cuz I know Blue could've done better. And like Hates said, I mean he could've done better. I'm not saying he underperformed at Evo cuz Lolo straight dominated him. Also I never said he was the best, I'm just saying he should be talked about being the best along with the other best (you, LP, Hawkeye) without hesitation.

But please don't think I'm taking away your victory. You seriously deserved that NEC win. I learned a couple things from watching your Pyr.
I never thought you were trying to discredit mine or anyone else's wins. You just said what a lot of people want to say. It wasn't a personal attack on you. I was genuinely confused about the mentality behind your statement... like, WOULD you really say "underperformed" because he didn't get first? Which then leads to other things like being able to apply that statement to myself, or lolo, or BBB's other tournament results.

I do agree- Blueboyb is one of the first people who come to my mind when discussing "who's the top players in the states."

Good luck finding some jome
Jome is spanglish for home.

Marginal is correct in what he said about me. Like no joke, no sarcasm, I do that shit blatantly because it's what I believe/believed at the time. I've said that several times about LP, said the same thing about Xeph at SCR, Hates at that Exit Wounds, Hawkeye a couple of times when he's lost to people I really didn't expect him to, and the Canadien. So yeah I own up to it. Just wanted to clarify.
:D

People saying BBB underperformed isnt really an excuse imo. Its just saying he looked like he wasnt ready for his matches with Shad (which ended up being 3 sets to 1 in shads favor). And knowing blue like i do i can say that he got comfortable and didnt prep like i feel he should have. In the end its his fault, no one else's. In hindsight the same could be said about most "excuses". Also this is wierd considering blue himself didnt say any of this himself lol.

Most would agree blue has proven he can "compete with the top of the top" the same with someone like IRM or Pwolf. I do agree that thier 'resume' doesnt quite stack up like some of the other top players tho. So i can see why you wouldnt put them up thier with the actual undisputed best... not yet atleast.
In general, saying you "underperformed" can be taken as an excuse... like, I could apply it to SCR, and is it okay to say? In my opinion, NO. But, I'm sure y'all have read my feelings behind it these past few days :D

Blue didn't say it. But, it was said about him. I don't think anyone here has thought otherwise. All of my questions have been directed towards with Withvees. Well, the questions pertaining to the initial topic.

Xeph da bes
New killers arent far behind
Foreigners suck (not lolo tho that guy OP)
MURRICA
Agreed.

Last edited:
In general, saying you "underperformed" can be taken as an excuse... like, I could apply it two SCR, and is it okay to say? In my opinion, NO. But, I'm sure y'all have read my feelings behind it these past few days :D

Blue didn't say it. But, it was said about him. I don't think anyone here has thought otherwise. All of my questions have been directed towards with Withvees. Well, the questions pertaining to the initial topic.
Yeah it really can sound like an excuse and i honestly thought you underpeformed at SCR because similar to what hates said we are used to seeing someone like you dominate. I just dont feel like that statement discredits anything its just pointing out the circumstances imo. I can respect your opinion to disagree with that, cause like i said initially it does sound like an excuse.

And yeah i wasnt trying to make it seem that way. Just that its weird cause blue aint even giving his thoughts on it. But shit this happens all the time lol....

And yeah i wasnt trying to make it seem that way. Just that its weird cause blue aint even giving his thoughts on it. But shit this happens all the time lol....
I've noticed that too- Blueboyb doesn't join in on the fun debates. When, I think it would be interesting to see his reaction. Like, Blue knows he and I are cool and I respect him and his skill. But, no matter how many times I tag @Blueboyb he rarely answers.

@Xeph
EDIT: by saying he underperformed, I am saying he should've beaten shad, not he should've won the whole thing. I just realized there was some misunderstanding

yeah I truly just believe he's a better player than shad. He's the only person he lost to. If you eliminated him, it would've been a different story.

He underperformed like how you underperformed against Ruka that first time, but you came back and destroyed. Blue however didn't seem to make that adjustment.

I think...after you lose to the same guy multiple times over the course of 3-days, we're way passed underperforming and now into the 'what I did wrong' zone but that's just me. Regardless of that, I get the feeling that if Bb were to beat Shad in one set, then all of the sudden people would be crying out, "That's how it was supposed to be all along" and all would be right in the world. Like I've been saying, Bb is definitely a contender but, especially with it feeling like SC5 is on its last legs...you guys are trying to argue that Bb has been one of the most dominant players when his SC accomplishments are as listed:

1) He won a tournament with Xeph in it (in which Xeph also lost to Jimbo. lol)
2) He won a tournament with LP/Hawkeye in it.
3) He won a tourney with IAB in it.
3) He won a bunch (I think?) of WC tournaments where his competition was, like...Zane or some shit (who got who knows what place at NEC XV).
4) He got 5th place at NEC XV

Obviously, the biggest 3 accomplishments on that list are 1, 2, and, 5.

I mean, I'm of the idea that there's really no contest that Xeph has been the most dominant player (with the exception of possibly Keev though he stopped playing for a good long while and hasn't played much top level comp outside of Shad recently).

But even listing Lolo's resume:

1) Won FR
2) 3rd/4th place at MLG Raleigh
3) Top 8 at the first FR
4) Won a tournament with Bb it.

I would say tops Bb's if for the simple fact that he won what we as a community consider a competitive major. With the fact that he doesn't compete nearly as much as some of the other cats, Lolo has also never been outside of top 8. And, like I said, I know Hawkeye got all kinds of shit any time he'd win a tournament with 32 or less people...so, by that logic, even, like I said, the most impressive showing Bb has had was at NEC XV. I'm not saying it wasn't impressive that he beat Xeph, LP, and Hawkeye; I'm just once again highlighting the fact that he has never won a major and that you guys flip like the sides of the coin when talking about someone you like, like Bb, and then someone you don't, like Hawkeye...who has never been outside of top 8, has around the same number of small tourney wins as Bb, has been in top three for just about EVERY SC major, period, since the game has come, and won an MLG arena with not only more killers than any tournament Bb has ever won...but beat Keev when he looked unbeatable. But, of course, when anyone brings up Hawkeye, they have to note he hasn't had a 'true' major win (with a good number of people) or he hasn't beaten certain players when, in all actuality, the only top level players Bb has beaten were Xeph, Hawkeye, myself, and now IRM.

I mean, I can go over why I feel Xeph has been the most dominant player over the course of SC5 if you guys want me to, too.

Like, seriously, I have no problem with the fact that some of you just want to proclaim him the most dominant because you like him...or even some of you arguing just because you don't like me...but seriously? If someone can explain to me how this makes sense at all, I'm definitely open-minded.

Again, I'm not saying he's the most dominant. I'm saying he's ONE of the most dominant, since it's clear that the top players are capable of beating each other. Please stop bringing up useless things about how we like Blue or don't like Hawkeye because I never said anything about that.(I'm not sure if that part was directed to me or Marginal)

You're also blabbering about how Xeph is the best over the course of SCV. Which I totally Agree with you. But what does that have to do with the now? Or anything we are talking about? All I'm saying is Blue is up there now with the top of top players. NOT THAT HES THE BEST.

Also blue beat shad offline/off stream.

Also I just want you to make sure that I'm not saying he's the best. Just one of the best right now. I'm saying this again So I don't have to repeat myself

Umm...do you realize that was the entire purpose of this topic? Do you realize NEC XV, the most competitive tournament SCV has seen in years...Was this month? Do you realize I've said NUMEROUS times now that BB AND others not listed can compete with the best? Like...holy shit.

Edit: You know...fuck that last part. I really don't wanna give you anything else to reply to right now. Like...holy fuck.

Last edited:
Then why have you been trying to prove that he's not the most dominate player if you've been saying that? So basically we've been agreeing with each other this whole time

It seems we've been misunderstanding each other this whole time. I've been referring about the now and I guess you've been referring about the whole lifespan of SCV. Which yeah. Blue is not the most dominate in that perspective.

Umm...do you realize that was the entire purpose of this topic? Do you realize NEC XV, the most competitive tournament SCV has seen in years...Was this month? Do you realize I've said NUMEROUS times now that BB AND others not listed can compete with the best? Like...holy shit.

Edit: You know...fuck that last part. I really don't wanna give you anything else to reply to right now. Like...holy fuck.
Well you did say he only won against you because he didn't wash his ass...

Lol! If I said that, I didn't mean it...though the ass was definitely in effect.

@Withvees, even now...NEC was like 2 weeks ago...and Xeph won that, not getting sent to loser's until he grandfinals.

@Xeph
EDIT: by saying he underperformed, I am saying he should've beaten shad, not he should've won the whole thing. I just realized there was some misunderstanding

yeah I truly just believe he's a better player than shad. He's the only person he lost to. If you eliminated him, it would've been a different story.
If I eliminated Blueboyb what exactly would the story be? To take away from Shad's victory over blueboy is just as bad as taking mine or anyone else's. Unless I'm reading out of context, and am confused here... Also, LP does make a valid point, if you lose to someone in a span of 3days the word "underperforming" isn't viable. Yes, I saw Blueboyb beat Shad in a FT10 (10-8). In the course of 3 days, that was the first time Blueboyb came out on top of a set, out of 4sets, two of which were crucial tournament sets.

Yeah, Xeph definitely came to play when the internationals turned up.
The funny part about it all was I was more concerned with IRM/BBB/Woahhzz. I was crossing fingers not to get Woahhzz in my pool, knowing damn well he is an on-site register-type guy.

If I eliminated Blueboyb what exactly would the story be? To take away from Shad's victory over blueboy is just as bad as taking mine or anyone else's. Unless I'm reading out of context, and am confused here... Also, LP does make a valid point, if you lose to someone in a span of 3days the word "underperforming" isn't viable. Yes, I saw Blueboyb beat Shad in a FT10 (10-8). In the course of 3 days, that was the first time Blueboyb came out on top of a set, out of 4sets, two of which were crucial tournament sets.

The funny part about it all was I was more concerned with IRM/BBB/Woahhzz. I was crossing fingers not to get Woahhzz in my pool, knowing damn well he is an on-site register-type guy.

UGhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's so hard to argue about this over one tournament. Especially when I'm new here and barely know what I'm talking about (I admit that). This was one of the biggest tournaments in the life time of SCV (to my knowledge). I hope FR will be as big as NEC so there will be an easier decision to make about the most dominate. Until then, will agree with you and LP. It was a shock to see Blue not get paid at a tournament for once.

Back