Sophitia General Discussion / Q&A

Sorry may I know the usefulness of G236? Does this mean while guarding you can punish using TAS B by this function?

Sorry may I know the usefulness of G236? Does this mean while guarding you can punish using TAS B by this function?

G236 allows the TAS animation which can allow you to avoid certain mids and even lows. You cannot get TASB from it, you must input a second 236, which will cancel the TAS animation into the regular AS one (but still allow 236236B to come out).

Hope that helps.

Yeah basically its just supposed to be easier to duck things with than the 236236 input, its terrible for punishing cause it will add a bunch of delay to your AS attacks.

As some Sophie players might know, 44A has some evasiveness to it, sophie moves back a bit, ducks a tad and scoots ever so slightly to the left. I thought I'd look into what all exactly it could evade and started compiling a list, but finding that almost everything on it was useless, Im just going to post the couple pieces of info here that could possibly be useful (If you want the list PM me)

Sophitia
>B !(-2, -8) must be fairly far from sophie

This bit of info means "If you 44A between -2 and -8 frames relative to sophie starting B, you will go through it and hit her provided you are fairly far from her when you both start the respective moves"

The other one is this:

Algol
>B !(-2, -6)

There are a couple other Bs and As and a lot more other moves that can be evaded, but there really isnt any point. These were the only two cases of it evading a commonly used move, netting a CH in a frame range thats realistic for that move being used.

Additionally Sophie becomes extremely hard to grab from frames about 11-18 of 44A, not that this is terribly worthwhile either.

can u try some research on Amy? im curious to see it work against 6BB and the like!

I did and got next to nothing. It'll beat out 4KK for CH and duck under 66K and 4A for a measly 18 damage. Only really high damage anti 6BB I know of is: you can 66B+KAB to beat it at +1 or better. Of course there is always TAS AA...

Sorry i been searching on this site and i have found a whole bunch of information. But i was looking for a an all in one basic guide to sophitia. Am i hoping for too much??

Yes there isn't one guide that is all inclusive. However I'd suggest

http://www.8wayrun.com/f40/sophitia-attack-use-guide-t2863/

If you want basic info on move choices.

If you read through EVERYTHING in this soul arena, I think most questions would be answered (this thread in particular has a lot of trivia), but if thats too daunting (which I woukdnt doubt) you could ask for what you want to know here or try to find a knowledgeable player in javachat.

Thanks for that i will read it and see how it helps my game...sorry i am full of questions but is there a way to play with good sophie players on xbl?

May I know the styles that you'll play with sophitia? I feel that she lacks good lows and most of her better moves are all verticals which are stepable, so any advice on putting pressure or work the situation around to your advantage?

what i like to do is keep distance and Backstep alot so i can punish with TAS B...she also relies on moves like B+K and 4B+K alot! and she DEF doesnt have any good lows...but she doesnt need them

I like throw a lot personally it can deal with step and fulfills the role of a low for the most part. Plus 66A+G/B+G or right side throw both deal respectable damage. BB retracks somewhat on the second hit, so even though it's a vert I dont get it stepped much.

As for pressure, you get most of it by poking a lot. You can start by playing keep away and establishing some history of throwing mids at people who get into range or stepping forward just into range and doing something safe. Then afterwards B+K/sidestep or try to guess some TC/TJ move or A+B. The kind of pressure you're going for is making people feel like it's not worth attacking after blocking a poke because they dont know how you will follow it up. Once they feel pressured in this way then you can walk up and throw or w/e you want to do.

So what moves would be used more frequently as pokes? Fast moves like AA,6B and BB? I also realized that sophitia's throw range is quite bad, when I try to grab it would seem that her arm always reaches out only haha. Thanks for the replies so far, I would incorporate that.

I just saw your vid, great match! I personally don't like amy too haha. I see that you like to jump back instead of backstepping is that because you want to evade the lows at the same time? It would also prevent getting launched?

lol... people aren't supposed to see the vid of me getting pwn-starred. I lost to a better player, plus I didn't know much about fighting Amy.

Jumping back is a good way to move backwards and buffer TAS B while being immune to lows. Backstep is better in most cases, but 7G has its purpose too. As for poking sophie has a lot of good options, BB is my favorite but yes AA, also 4B and 44K. From longer range 66A TAS B and 22A(although you're probably going to have to commit to guard if 66A or TAS B are blocked.) The number of moves that she has that are serviceable as pokes is really large 6AB, 3K, 6K, 2A at close range. You want moves that are fast and limit opponent's options as much as possible, while taking the ones with good recovery on guard and hit so you can still act when you get blocked or have the option to pressure on hit.

I've seen sophitia using 2B8BAK to punish grabs such as in this vid . Is it better as 236B is as punishable as this move and moreover it does more damage? So do you need to crouch down first or you can do it straight? 2B can evade horizontals right?

That is actually FC 1B8BAK(2B8BAK doesnt combo on normal hit). Yes it does more damage 72 vs 30/45/55 for AS B/4/:4, it is however harder to react with since the move is slower. If you are able to see the throw whiff and punish accordingly, then yes it is a much better option. The best is TAS B:4 which is even harder.

/edit/ And remember you need to input the 8B very quickly after the FC 1B for it to be NC. I'd try this in practice mode first to make sure its comboing before you attempt to implement it.

Back