Soul Calibur 5 Guest/Bonus/CAS Character Discussion

If SC5 is to have guest characters I'd like to see characters from Japanese pop culture in it this time. If it were up to me I'd have Kurosaki Ichigo (Bleach) for PS3, Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto) for Wii, and Roronoa Zoro (One Piece) for Xbox 360. With each being DLC later on down the road of course.

Kurosaki Ichigo:

kurosaki_ichigo.jpg

Uchiha Sasuke:

Uchiha_Sasuke-47.jpg

Roronoa Zoro:

one_piece_599_zoro_by_natalya_ru-d30c1hh.jpg

1) Clare from Claymore http://sp7.fotolog.com/photo/39/63/34/cata_jazmi/1290284362482_f.jpg
2) Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors 7 http://spawnkill.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/lubu01.jpg
3) U-1 from Gitaroo Man http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/2746/32317/gitaroo_man.jpg
4) Bridget from Guilty Gear X-2 http://pink.reveries.info/public/transvideogame/bridget.gif
5) Illidan Stormrage from World of Warcraft http://cdn.wowction.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Illidan-Stormrage.jpg
6) OrochifromWarriorsOrochi http://images.wikia.com/dynastywarriors/images/c/c0/Shinorochi.png
I'm being totally serious with this list. The only issue would be the rights for illidan stormrage, their would be no need for Lu Bu's rights since he was historically a real person.

If we're talking about manga characters, Blade of the Immortal has some nice weirdos and styles, starting from Manji and his "12 blades". Ogami Itto from Lone Wolf and Cub would be badass as well (not sure if he should use his baby cart in a battle or not).

manjis-swords.jpg meifumado.jpg

Edit: they should really make a Lone Wolf vs Blade of the Immortal vs Ninja Scroll vs Basilisk vs Samurai Champloo vs Shigurui vs Sword of the Stranger game.

Sasuke? No way dude, Zabuza is the only one who must be a guest IMO. He needs soul edge more then Sasuke
While I was originally going to go with Zabuza, I decided to go with Sasuke because he is 100 times more popular than Zabuza. And popularity is usually a huge factor when it comes to determining guest characters for games.

images
images

images
images

Of any characters, I vote these as my top wants for a Soul calibur Apperance: What's interesting is that they all can hunt for Soul edge:

Black star = Wants the raw power
Maka = Wants to to strenghen Soul / With non canon Critical Finish: "Nightmare Hunt" (In reference)

Sesshoumaru = To Kill inuyasha
Inuyaha = To kill Naraku / Become a Full demon after hearing about the power

Hate to say it, but Final Fantasy vs Soul Calibur seems viable. Ever wanted to see a Hilde or Mitsurugi in totally breath-taking graphics fighting some overrated Sephiroth? I mean, Soul Calibur and Final Fantasy are rated teen. Both have no guts and gore. They both have swords and some story. It could fit. Then again, everyone and their mommas will want to play more final fantasy characters than soul calibur. But I think Namco and SquareEnix will have a good money making so it's a win-win situation.

Anyway, that's just my humble opinion. Feel free to critique it in any way.

It'll never happen. If it makes money, Square is against it. Time and again they've had opportunities to do things for the fans that would make them millions upon millions and they don't do it. They'd rather go down the route of creating shit storms like FF XIII.

My opinion? I'm definitely in the camp that goes for the "have artists make new designs for SC" camp. If there's one thing that has always made me sad, it's that for all that PS may have put quite bit of TLC into making (and balancing) character models and movesets for the guest characters, it seems like such a big waste, knowing that by the very next game, those characters likely won't ever return.

I'm thinking, if Odashima and Harada want to hit up more artists (Western and Japanese alike) to do something similar for SC, I'd be all for that. It would just mean that those characters would then be owned by Namco (much like how Lars is for Tekken), and those characters would then go on to be permanent additions to the franchise. So by all means, go on and give the likes of Tite Kubo (Bleach) and Makoto Tsuchibayashi (Devil May Cry, Sengoku BASARA) more work. Far as I'm concerned, new characters that could be designed by them, for the sake of the SC series, would speak to me more than just having Ichigo or Dante stop by for a cheap marketing thing.

I agree with TreSanBan. Nobuhiro Watsuki (the guy of Kenshin) did the chara design of some characters for Samurai Spirit V and I think it was quite success in terms of style (ok, my avatar is a character form Samurai Spirit, so I may not be super neutral...). The tier list was broken, but that's a detail.

As for Tite Kubo, I doubt his style (which I like) would merge well with SC's style (or lack of style...).

My opinion? I'm definitely in the camp that goes for the "have artists make new designs for SC" camp. If there's one thing that has always made me sad, it's that for all that PS may have put quite bit of TLC into making (and balancing) character models and movesets for the guest characters, it seems like such a big waste, knowing that by the very next game, those characters likely won't ever return.

I'm thinking, if Odashima and Harada want to hit up more artists (Western and Japanese alike) to do something similar for SC, I'd be all for that. It would just mean that those characters would then be owned by Namco (much like how Lars is for Tekken), and those characters would then go on to be permanent additions to the franchise. So by all means, go on and give the likes of Tite Kubo (Bleach) and Makoto Tsuchibayashi (Devil May Cry, Sengoku BASARA) more work. Far as I'm concerned, new characters that could be designed by them, for the sake of the SC series, would speak to me more than just having Ichigo or Dante stop by for a cheap marketing thing.

I'm not interested in new characters they won't keep like in Sc4 characters (like Shura and etc) I want new characters and new styles to keep in the series like what Tekken and street fighter does.

@TypicalEvil :
Shura and the likes are non-characters, since they are just the moveset of a preexisting character with a different look.
To continue with my Samurai Spirit comparison, the characters created by Watsuki had a moveset(identity) of their own and they returned in SSVI.

Back