Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's compare Raph's damage to Natsu's and then I'll quietly weep in the corner, alright?
I'm not sure what to say about that because I don't know how much dmg Raph can do. I've never tested his fire dmg or regular dmg at all. I know Natsu does a lot though. She assassinates, jumps on your back & pushes your face hard against the ground when falling. Raph on the other hand doesn't do anything physical but plays with your sword by tapping it.
A few problems with your logic. 1, I'm not sure how many people just sit there and take NM's CE's full damage(Mostly a GI anyways). 2, the damage he does is irrelevant. NM had Soul Edge, and if I'm correct, Pyrrha Omega was using her normal weapon. He ended up fleeing regardless.

I'm beginning to wonder why the strength of a character is relevant in this thread.
That wasn't my point...
The purpose wasn't if you'd stand & take the hit or not, it'd be to see who would do more damage. The problem isn't me either, the problem is majority of you guys keep retorting to me for some weird ass random wish that's never gonna happen (You should of just stopped & let it go right there). Damn it all though, since mostly everybody agrees in the future of SCVI that females should be twice as stronger then males because their posts received so many likes. Hey, how bout we give them a dick too? They should be stronger then males right, so a dick should blend right in.

I think my new main is going to be a chick now. Man, I can't wait for this game!!! n.n
PS: Step off my post & get back to reality. I agree with that dudes post for women being faster, but women are already faster then males in SCV so they should be in SCVI too. Don't ever say stronger though.... its as weird as chick having a dick.
Back to reality (Or at least 40% reality)

And you know what, to be perfectly honest, Im pissed.

Im learning DOA at the moment, and Im jealous of DOA players. They have DOA5 ,DOA5+, and ANOTHER coming out in Sept. (DOA5 Ultimate with new characters.)

Im pissed. Im mad as hell. Plus Tekken has Tekken Revolution which is out. Wtf.

When is our time? Dont say soon. Dont bring my hopes up just to find that, a new SC will come in a few years, not soon.

Im learning DOA at the moment, and Im jealous of DOA players. They have DOA5 ,DOA5+, and ANOTHER coming out in Sept. (DOA5 Ultimate with new characters.)
Not really new. Just 2 (3 if you count Jacky) that are new to the series.

I'm not sure what to say about that because I don't know how much dmg Raph can do. I've never tested his fire dmg or regular dmg at all. I know Natsu does a lot though. She assassinates, jumps on your back & pushes your face hard against the ground when falling. Raph on the other hand doesn't do anything physical but plays with your sword by tapping it.

He "doesn't do anything physical" because he's too busy "tapping it"? O_o

His style is meant to be showy and elegant, not brutal and overpowering. He's a fencer. Still, being impaled on a saber should make you about as dead as anything Natsu does, I'm thinking. And if you compare them... Raph is a buff, 6-foot ish lunatic and Natsu is a thin, 5'4ish valley girl. If you want to overanalyze everything, you might as well go all the way. So Raph would, by all logic, be able to completely overpower her, right? And you might as well think about their psyches too, while you're at it. Who would be more likely to want to land a killing blow? The raving madman or the sassy but good-natured girl?

On the topic of male vs female damage... if somebody is swinging a freaking zweihander at your face, your pretty much dead whether that person is a guy or a girl. If somebody punches a knife through your throat, your pretty much dead whether that person is a guy or a girl.

It'd come into play in like... how knocked back you are when guarding, and in throws... But as far as actual damage in a weapon-based fighter, it wouldn't really matter too much. Much more than male vs female, the damage difference between Astaroth and... everybody else would be ridiculous. But really, if you want it to be realistic... everybody is either dead or maimed after just 1-3 hits or so. That'd be fun and totally not rage-inducing, huh?

This male vs. female argument is silly, to say the least. In real life, yes, men are stronger than women. Our bodies are naturally/biologically made stronger. Of course, you can find female body builders who are just as strong as men, though.

Secondly, the "muscle" factor or "who's stronger" takes a huge hit when you introduce weapons. If I were to go toe to toe with the Undertaker, I would feel like a fly to him. But if it was a fight where we both had weapons, strength and size isn't all that important. It's about who can land the first strike, because weapon blows are usually potentially lethal. This mitigating factor is a pretty simple way to justify women beating up men in SC, since it's a weapon-based fighting game.

An interesting thing regarding Natsu is that she is a Ninja. If you are familiar with the history of Ninjutsu, women WERE ninjas and could take down males. The style was designed to kill quickly and efficiently, and to use the opponents strength and momentum against them or to your advantage. If you are interested, you can find an episode done on this by the "Fight Science" show (or maybe it was "The Deadliest Warrior." I don't remember.)

I also don't understand the conversation about NM. Is it game damage, or that he just has more muscle? NM is not top tier when it comes to damage.

OH, AND FINALLY: IT'S A GAME. IF IT WERE MORE REALISTIC, YOU'D PROBABLY DIE IN ONE HIT.

Dont you guys think this Raph vs Natsu/ PyhhraO vs Nightmare stuff has gotten out of hand?
Every character's good in their own way. Any character can be any other character.

Sure this thread is pretty much dead (for now at least) since weve talked about as much as we possibly can about a new Soul Calibur but still.

He's already appeared in the Smash series.
View attachment 31826 Sheesh guys, get with the program. >_>
-------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe this means that Solo is finally getting his ass slider lolol

If the girls are getting an ass slider, they better let the guys have one too. =D
And probably a bulge meter too. No more thinking the men have nothing down there lol

Im pissed. Im mad as hell. Plus Tekken has Tekken Revolution which is out. Wtf.
When is our time? Dont say soon. Dont bring my hopes up just to find that, a new SC will come in a few years, not soon.

The hand-to-hand 3D fighters are much more competitive simply because there are so many of them. While I think more competitive players dont care if its hand-to-hand or weapons, casual players may choose their FGs based on this.

Also the argument about "realism" in a fighting game is very hard to debate with a straight face. It is acknowledged that project soul takes pride in making a moveset feel authentic considering the weapon/armor of the character, but there is always going to be a suspension of disbelief. Leixia's twirling of the wrist ala 22B can send Astaroth 10 feet in the air ?

She utilizes Chakra and has a High-Level Demon inside of her. On top of that, she can basically do Izuna Drops with a Ninjutsu assist.

True... I was just making a joke by ridiculously overanalyzing the characters to point out how silly it was, though.

Let's erm... get back on topic... what were we talking about again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back