Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alpha patroklos had the complete opposite of original patroklos's personality.
Which is weird,how can someone change that fast?

Which is weird,how can someone change that fast?
ancient-aliens.jpg

Well they've been pretty good about keeping new games exclusive to the current launch generation, so yeah, hope they'll continue that.

SCVI on a PS4...From a technical standpoint, the game would run smoother and the physics would be different than it was on the PS3. It might take some getting used to after, what, 7 years of PS3 games?

From a sales standpoint, the game is dead. SC4 sold 2.3 million, SCV sold only 1.4 million, and SC2 sold more than both of those 2.
It doesn't matter how good this 'community' thinks 5 is, if it ain't selling, they won't make another one.

If this trend continues, the higher ups might consider it a poor investment to make another game. I'm pretty sure LS flopped pretty hard.

All I'm saying is that you guys shouldn't be so sure that there will BE a SC6. Every franchise dies eventually, and SC is well past its prime. It's time to retire.

From a sales standpoint, the game is dead. SC4 sold 2.3 million, SCV sold only 1.4 million, and SC2 sold more than both of those 2.
It doesn't matter how good this 'community' thinks 5 is, if it ain't selling, they won't make another one.

If this trend continues, the higher ups might consider it a poor investment to make another game. I'm pretty sure LS flopped pretty hard.

All I'm saying is that you guys shouldn't be so sure that there will BE a SC6. Every franchise dies eventually, and SC is well past its prime. It's time to retire.
In the years 2011-2012, when SFxTekken, MK9,Tekken Tag 2 came out, 3 more popular franchises, the sales of an extremely rushed SCV would ofc be disappointing. Plus, SC II was a masterpiece when it came out.
Why would they create SC:LS and why would they change personnel for this specific franchise if they won't expand it?

Yes, that's true that SC4 sold more than SC5 (sounds right but where'd you get the sales figures?). But Namco expected it to not do well and wanted TTT2 to do very well. Surprise when SC5's sales beat out TTT2's. Even when rushed out the door and set up for failure, SC5 still can out on top.

They're going to make a new one. It's just a matter of time. Hoshino has been constantly alluding to it on Facebook.
downloadfile.jpeg

Well I'm pretty sure Lost Swords did very well at it's cash cow duties. It got 60 dollars for three characters a piece, and there were also the very expensive chests that people buy. And don't forget that by November of 2014 there were 1.5 million downloads.

You can say there won't be a SC6, and you can believe it too. But that doesn't change the fact that you're wrong.

Yes, that's true that SC4 sold more than SC5 (sounds right but where'd you get the sales figures?). But Namco expected it to not do well and wanted TTT2 to do very well. Surprise when SC5's sales beat out TTT2's. Even when rushed out the door and set up for failure, SC5 still can out on top.
VGChartz indicates SC IV sold 3m, and SCV sold 1.3m.
By the way, biased against Tekken much? Did Namco want SC V to flop maybe?

True, but in SCV you the option to unlock almost everything by just playing match offline or online...
Lost Swords is a familiar scenario:
  • Fighting with special weapons.
  • Being grossly outnumbered.
  • Battling the enemy under ridiculous conditions.
  • Collecting gold to buy/craft stuff.
We've been doing this since SCII.
Soul Edge too......besides the collecting gold stuff.

Fighting games are VERY big right now and have been for at least a couple of years now. For the devs to release Unbreakable Souls, SC2HD and Lost Souls and then not use the money for a Soul Calibur 6 would be dumb. Even with the tweets and hints aside you cant seriously think theyre randomly done with the franchise having provided no type of conclusion or one last hurrah.

I think the drop in sales is all just a matter of learning and reevaluating. They should look back at Soul Calibur 2s success financially and reincorporate tactics like an early arcade release in Japan, reintroduce old characters for nostalgia sake, expand the roster by adding new styles and characters, establish a multitude of offline and online gamemodes, engage the public by voting in guest characters and leading a "loud" promotional plan to get new comers and other fighting game fans onboard or at least within their radar.

Thanks.
Yeah, I don't care for Tekken. Doesn't change the fact that what I said is true.
Since you are biased about it then, I'm just gonna say that for a company like Namco to put money on a game like SC and hoping it would fail would be absurd.

I think the drop in sales is all just a matter of learning and reevaluating. They should look back at Soul Calibur 2s success financially and reincorporate tactics like an early arcade release in Japan, reintroduce old characters for nostalgia sake, expand the roster by adding new styles and characters, establish a multitude of offline and online gamemodes, engage the public by voting in guest characters and leading a "loud" promotional plan to get new comers and other fighting game fans onboard or at least within their radar.
Lack of offline modes and 0 activity with fans of the genre like you said are hurting the franchise. The 1st also applies to TTT2. So I agree 100%
In SC II, people knew what the game offered. In SCV, I personally didn't even know what to expect. There wasn't a big scene for me to judge the gameplay, and I found the inclusion of Ezio only when I saw the cover! The game needs better marketing.
I'm not sure if the changes in gameplay have beed welcomed by the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back