Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of Algol?
There is just no speculation or any controversy around him, which is why I haven't mentioned him.
But I like Algol very much and want for him to return.
As this game will have its own dedicated story mode I hope we will still get a proper arcade for all characters and Algol will be the boss of it (with Night Terror as secret nostalgia boss for flawless run).

Pyrrha and Omega - I don't feel anything about her. I hope she will be Omega only and gonna use only her demonic hand instead of shield, so she could have more interesting fighting style.
I agree. I'd accept her if she was just in her Omega phase, because her normal state is the more unoriginal, pathetically clumsy, unlikable side to her. Her demonic malfestation has more story and style potential. Like you said, using her demon arm in place of a shield, and taking some throw-counters from nightmare in SCIII or something.

Natsu -before that she was very out of place, Naruto character in a Berserk universe level out of place, yes I'm exaggerating, but I want to make my feelings about her clear. I hope that in SC6 she would actually feel like a trained from childhood ninja that also has a demon sealed in her that could any time consume her soul and take her body.
They just need a way to retell this story that fits more within SC lore over the Naruto export. Pyrrha for example is the SC version of that story in a way. More soul-edge relevance and malfestation should be in her power and design. Or even if she was a demon herself in human form. That I'd take. Like an inversion of Nightmare.

Xiba - his more monkeyish version of Kilik's style is pretty interesting. I hope he will return and will be more Sun Wukong'ish and gonna get a balanced version of SCIII expanding staff fighting style, which mixed with his SCV moveset would make him cool and unique character playstyle-wise.
He was my least favorite addition, but at the least he should have had that from SCIII. Though he's pretty redundant as a character. Especially with both Kilik & Seong Mi-Na. Its hard to really think of how to differ him while keeping his already unoriginal concept. His personality as well couldn't have gotten more repetitious.

Leixia - poor man's Xianghua, just scrap her altogether and make her a mere costume for Xiang. Dunno about her chances.
Agreed. They should scrap her and keep Xianghua because Leixia is just too redundant.

Amy - returns instead of Viola. 80-90%, as she were in LS and generally pretty popular.
Amy is popular, though they don't really do anything with her storywise which is where she is weak in. They need to develop her a bit too. Funny how PS wanted to introduce all of these newbies yet they didn't develop most of their original cast at all. Thats something they should think about. Amy is still an unaging child character for one. Give her more vampiric malfestation.

Seung-mina - pretty big chances because of LS and how much money she brought with it.
Seong Mi-Na honestly needs some redevelopment because despite her seniority she really is just as bland as Rock is. I can't think about anything interesting about her at all. Her personality is generic and annoying, along with her bland forgettable backstory. She needs a reboot in my opinion.

Last edited:
I feel like i may like that new character /kilik rival. His weapon seems exciting, and he's Chinese (he seems to be, but this aspect doesn't matter much), if he is designed in more like Old school Hong Kong movies characters rather than some anime weebo designed character, of course no character can reach the level of the goddess Ivy, but he may really be too sick.

I can imagine this character having long hair, something similar to Tekken Feng's hairstyle, he would be really too sick.
I will say that I actually don't know his race or name yet. Which is kind of funny since I know so much else about him. lol

Though he's pretty redundant as a character. Especially with both Kilik & Seong Mi-Na. Its hard to really think of how to differ him while keeping his already unoriginal concept.
Well, if he were an expanding staff user with monkeyish moves - he would be completely unlike Kilik and Seung Mi-Na, which would make him completely viable addition. But as of now, I agree that he together with Leixia are completely reduntant.
Amy is popular, though they don't really do anything with her storywise which is where she is weak in. They need to develop her a bit too. Funny how PS wanted to introduce all of these newbies yet they didn't develop most of their original cast at all. Thats something they should think about. Amy is still an unaging child character for one. Give her more vampiric malfestation.
Most character have "nothing going on with them" in SC. Serv, Mitsu, Ivy - just a few out of my head that do nothing in the story for last 2-3 SC games. Most of SC characters are completely underdeveloped, but story never was a strong point of SC - presentation were. And Amy as of now have enough reasons to return in SCVI, her Viola's self amnesia could be exploited to make and interesting background for it though.
Seong Mi-Na honestly needs some redevelopment because despite her seniority she really is just as bland as Rock is.
LoL, I wanted to say about Rock too in the beginning, but as I was writing about others completely forgot about him. And that's enough to say about him. Neither Rock, nor Bangoo are needed. We have Astaroth - that's enough, those two could be forgotten already. As for Seung Mi-Na - it's just hard to come up with something decent story-wise for every character. As I said above most SC characters done nothing for the last few games, but they still seem staple to the series. But yes, she needs something more going on with her, because at the moment she is just too bland and generic, with roughly one line of background for all games combined, while being in the series since SoulEdge (!).

I wonder what they're going to do with the characters with since story is huge part of SCVI.

My list of most played SC characters:
1. Zasalamel (over 3000 times)
2. Sophitia (below 3000 times)
3. Cassandra (below 3000 times)
4. Setsuka (below 3000 times)
5. Nightmare (over 2000 times)
6. Mitsurugi (below 2000 times)
7. Raphael (below 2000 times)
8. Siegfried (below 2000 times)
9. Cervantes (over 1000 times)
10. Abyss (below 1000 times)
11. Ivy (below 1000 times)
12. Kilik (below 1000 times)
13. Maxi (over 500 times)
14. Taki (below 500 times)
15. Astaroth (below 500 times)
16. Yun-seong (below 500 times)
17. Yoshimitsu (below 250 times)
18. Hwang (below 250 times)
19. Tira (below 250 times)
20. Amy (below 100 times)
21. Rock (below 100 times)
22. Seong Mi-na (below 100 times)
23. Lizardman/Olcadan/Heihachi/Necrid/Edge Master/Charade/ (below 50 times)
24. Other minor SCV characters (below 10 times, i played them just to beat story and never used them again).

I feel like i may like that new character /kilik rival. His weapon seems exciting, and he's Chinese (he seems to be, but this aspect doesn't matter much), if he is designed in more like Old school Hong Kong movies characters rather than some anime weebo designed character, of course no character can reach the level of the goddess Ivy, but he may really be too sick.

I can imagine this character having long hair, something similar to Tekken Feng's hairstyle, he would be really too sick.

Oh... I think I know who he is now... http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Yan_Wujin
Excuse me, I must go slam my face in a wall for even googling that...

I hope I'm wrong...

Should old songs return in SC6 like in SC3?

New versions like 3 had? That'd be great. I still love that game's renditions of Sail Over the Storm and The New Legend. Though I'm not sure if new tracks would hold the same impact now. The fidelity jumped quite a bit between SC and SCIII, less obviously so between SCIII and now. But I'd definitely be down for a new version of Water Dance, Through Molten Caves, Time Marches On, or even one of the smaller tracks like Eternal Wayfarer. Too many choices, but those ones sprang to mind first. SCIII has a damn good soundtrack. I love the way it combined old music with quality new compositions (and plenty of them!), so I'm definitely in favor of trying that again.

Oh... I think I know who he is now... http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Yan_Wujin
Excuse me, I must go slam my face in a wall for even googling that...

I hope I'm wrong...
It's not confirmed if Kilik's rival is Chinese though, since Vergeben said he doesn't know the new character's name or race. So it might be Yan Wujin, or it might not be.
I honestly doubt it's him, though that might just be wishful thinking on my part...

It's not confirmed if Kilik's rival is Chinese though, since Vergeben said he doesn't know the new character's name or race. So it might be Yan Wujin, or it might not be.
I honestly doubt it's him, though that might just be wishful thinking on my part...
The problem is that it fits actually if you think about it. It's going to be like this:
but not funny... I really hope its not what I think it is...

Still way more than what the SCV characters have.
They were in SCV - most recent game in the series. That already tops all of what Cassy has, because without timeskip/timeback they can't be just thrown out. And judging by leaks nothing as drastic will be done.

Bring back my five bitches (Taki, Hilde, Setsuka, Ivy and Natsu).
kQz07ft.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back