Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy holidays y'all

SoulCaliburIV_wallpaperPS3-07HolidayHilde_HD.jpg
SoulCaliburIV_wallpaperPS3-08HolidayIvy_HD.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mind the sexualisation of the characters so long as it's done properly. For the most part, I think it can be quite artistic. The only thing I have a slight problem with is Ivy's SCIV P1 outfit and that's not because I think it's too revealing or anything, it's just... can you even call that an outfit? I think all of her dominatrix leotards were pretty awesome in the past but that outfit's really not practical at all. Reminds me of a piece of string-wrapped gammon with the fat folds poking through.
1125_3703_m.jpg

Off topic: Merry Caliburmas to you all!
Well, my sister ruins every 'caliburmas' by existing at all of the family events, so... I will not. Ha!
The only thing I have a slight problem with is Ivy's SCIV P1 outfit and that's not because I think it's too revealing or anything, it's just... can you even call that an outfit? I think all of her dominatrix leotards were pretty awesome in the past but that outfit's really not practical at all. Reminds me of a piece of string-wrapped gammon with the fat folds poking through.
1125_3703_m.jpg
But that was the best part of that outfit.
I haven't taken part in the discussion, but I actually liked that outfit far more than her other 1Ps, maybe excluding SCIIs. Save the more reserved outfits for her 2Ps, as usual.

The reason I’ve always loved Talim is because she is kind — not interested in killing anyone, taking revenge, or hurting anyone.

Dude, she could decapitate people with her bladed tonfas. Use her B+G and A+G to see what I mean. She's kind and not interested in killing people my ass

Also for some reason I get the funny feeling that once Talim has returned to the series, at least half of her "fans" (aka the MUH TALIMS not her actual supporters) will end up deserting her and resume to ignoring her before she got the boot from V.

I'm also sure they'll drop her if Namco reveals that she didn't age. With SC6 revisiting earlier timelines, there's a chance she'll remain the same. Then the 'Muh Talims' will cry about it being a missed opportunity.

Got a good christmas news, they seem to want me to test a new SC6 build after the happynew year.

Seems that we will get a lots of informations at this time. I'am pretty sure there will be a new char in this build. My guessing is for Kilik and his rival. Can't wait to analyse all of his moveset !! I will give you more informations when I can. Btw still working on 3 different video : roster in depth speculation, mechanics&moveset analysis and community wish for sc6. Keep in touch.

Last edited:
What!! You... I hate you xD
Lucky bastard, well someone got a really good chrismas present :p

You know when exactly?

Got a good christmas news today, I will be able to test a new SC6 build after the happynew year. Seems that we will get a lots of informations at this time. I'am pretty sure there will be a new char in this build. My guessing is for Kilik and his rival. Can't wait to analyse all of his moveset !! I will give you more informations when I can. Btw still working on 3 different video : roster in depth speculation, mechanics&moveset analysis and community wish for sc6. Keep in touch.
Do you have a date for when exactly after the new year?

My one concern is Reversal Edge, personally. I want to know how it feels to use it and have it used against you, does it really break the flow like it looks like in the gameplay vids? Basically is it a good addition or is it something we'll just have to deal with?

does it really break the flow like it looks like in the gameplay vids
Well, judgung by videos and little info we have - breaking the flow is it's main purpose.
I doesn't give any instant advantage or anything, on the contrary you heat up your guard/use your guard gauge to use RE and put yourself in a rock/paper/scissors situation where you're still in danger.
Apparently it's created purely for noobs to break the flow of the match when they are being overwhelmed by pressure of more experienced/skillful player. It's a reset-situation move of sorts.

My one concern is Reversal Edge, personally. I want to know how it feels to use it and have it used against you, does it really break the flow like it looks like in the gameplay vids? Basically is it a good addition or is it something we'll just have to deal with?
I think it'll be more a case of how people deal with it day 1, vs how it will be a year into the game's life.

I honestly believe it will be fine because it looks both telegraphed and punishable. If backstep really ends it without a guessing game I don't think we'll have any problems.

It will be the equivalent of backstep into reset. Yeah, it breaks up the flow, but high end games are generally about taking advantage of what breathing space you have.

I think it'll be more a case of how people deal with it day 1, vs how it will be a year into the game's life.

I honestly believe it will be fine because it looks both telegraphed and punishable. If backstep really ends it without a guessing game I don't think we'll have any problems.

It will be the equivalent of backstep into reset. Yeah, it breaks up the flow, but high end games are generally about taking advantage of what breathing space you have.

I don't think backstep works when you are near a wall or the edge of the stage though. :o

I may have missed it, but does anyone know if RE is punishable with a grab? From what limited gameplay I've seen so far I don't think I've seen anyone try to grab the person as they start it up. I imagine it has a long recovery being similar to SFIV's focus attacks. Maye if you're fast enough you can also sidestep it and grab them from behind?? (Does that usually do a bit more damage?)

I may have missed it, but does anyone know if RE is punishable with a grab? From what limited gameplay I've seen so far I don't think I've seen anyone try to grab the person as they start it up. I imagine it has a long recovery being similar to SFIV's focus attacks. Maye if you're fast enough you can also sidestep it and grab them from behind?? (Does that usually do a bit more damage?)
I think they said it isn't.

That's a good point about throw and RE. Yeah that's far but that the time they need for a new build. Also even it's not confirmed I prefer telling you now so you can tell me to test some specific things, cause I'am pretty sur it will only last 1h in a private showroom. I will try to have a soulcalibur player with me so we can test in real condition.

Also even it's not confirmed I prefer telling you now so you can tell me to test some specific things, cause I'am pretty sur it will only last 1h in a private showroom.
Could you try out the soul charge and tell what exactly, by your impressions, it influences?
It wasn't properly demonstrated still and we just know that it costs 1 meter and causes a shockwave upon activation.
And if new guy really will be in - just anything with him please.

Could you try out the soul charge and tell what exactly, by your impressions, it influences?
It wasn't properly demonstrated still and we just know that it costs 1 meter and causes a shockwave upon activation.
And if new guy really will be in - just anything with him please.
It causes chip damage on block as well.

I wonder if you can give them feedback and if they'll actually listen.
Especially for the reverse rage thing.

Ooh, all these comments against boob windows and nipples, it's like I entered the Huffinton Post.

Funny, because me and many others think those extremely nude outfits are just fine.

I knew a couple of dominatrix girls, and to them having to cover themselves or dress "normal" was like hiding their true selves, denying who they were.

Aside from that, I like Ivy's SC3 and SC4 the best and hope they return. Except for that silly bow tie in her neck choker in SC4.

Big-breasted girls have a right to exist and be represented in video games! I invoke the spirits of Hitomi Tanaka and Lucy Pinder to clean all the foulness in this thread!!

tumblr_mjnzlve1dl1rkvpjjo1_500.jpg
hitomionesm.jpg
Never said anything against big boobs or the dominatrix theme of Ivy ^^
Do not missjudge this :P
I only mean this extrem focus on advertising with such things is irrelevant in a Game like SC (sure sex sells bla bla)
I never cared much for those things, i like Ivy because of her overall char and her fighting style.

Also the part with the big boobs bugs me most in CaS - if you try to put on some armor etc. most of the time you will look like a truck.
If we could tighten up her boobs to fit i wouldn't complain about this part - give us USFULL BRAs xDDD
And the rest is a matter of taste - i am not a fan of BigBoobies - at a certain point(to me) it looks ridiculous (same goes for muscles) balance is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back