Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The only one that I don't like is Taki, but because it is the same voice actor as 4, I'm pretty sure of it at least, I blame on the voice director going "Eeeeeeeh, ninjas are stoic and bored".
I was really hoping they'd go for a new voice actress for her. Sounds like it's the same one as SC3/L/4/BD and I found out that Taki is the only voice acting job she's ever had, and it kinda shows. Even outside of voice acting, she hasn't done much of anything. Part of me was hoping they'd have Laura Bailey play her. Yeah, she was kind of grating as Pyrrha, but when she plays more serious deeper-voiced characters, she sounds awesome and would be perfect for Taki. But that's neither her nor there.
I mean, at least the biggest critique I can think of for her VA is that she just sounds bored. Her actual acting isn't necessarily bad per se.

I need that Cassandra news BRO
I NEED IT BRO

Me too

giphy.gif

Reactions: Pac
The guy from SRK who wrote the recent SCVI articles counted the frames on Reversal Edge based on some 60fps footage he took. Non-charged, parrying RE right now takes 45 frames from spark to impact.

Im playing Mortal Kombat X, and its "funny" that even a 2015 game using the same engine, looks better that SC6 :(

It's got some good things. And I don't see how can anyone say it doesn't have good voice acting. Johnny Cage is fantastic and on point. Raiden, Quan Chi, Kitana, Sonya, Erron Black, even the new kids.

Yeah, Taki sounds bored. But Zasalamel sounds as great as ever. As for Ivy, it's high time to change Lani Minella for a younger voice actress.

So Verge is second guessing Cassandra it seems. Guess she and Zas could have switched spaces as DLC going by the original rumor?
It's more the suspicion of everyone else that's been said to be in (Kilik, Xianghua, Siegfried, Nightmare, Grøh, Ivy, Taki, Talim, Tira, Voldo, Maxi, Astaroth, Grøh's Papi, and later the update on Zasalamel's status being switched around) were leaked to me with certainty.
Cassandra was never a hard yes and 100% confirmation like all those others.
Only the specific note eluding to her along with the roster having a connection to who was on Lost Swords being carried over and who wasn't.
Cassandra will be on it, but I guess they could swap her with someone else if it came to it is probably the line to read between.
It doesn't sound like that's happening since I was never specifically told she's being viewed like that, but until I get a 100% confirmation from them that she's in like all the others, she's the only one I would say be a little suspicious of her status until I do hear something more certain.
I'm sure they're smart enough to know people want Cassandra back as a launch character to be there with Sophitia.

Yeah, Taki sounds bored. But Zasalamel sounds as great as ever. As for Ivy, it's high time to change Lani Minella for a younger voice actress.
I wouldn't mind them going with someone from England like Square Enix does with Dragon Quest for Ivy. Maybe even one of the actresses that they've used before.
But Lani Minella genuinely loves voicing Ivy, so I'm conflicted. But her voice doesn't fit the younger Ivy much.

It's more the suspicion of everyone else that's been said to be in (Kilik, Xianghua, Siegfried, Nightmare, Grøh, Ivy, Taki, Talim, Tira, Voldo, Maxi, Astaroth, Grøh's Papi, and later the update on Zasalamel's status being switched around) were leaked to me with certainty.
Only the specific note eluding to her along with the roster having a connection to who was on Lost Swords being carried over and who wasn't.
Cassandra will be on it, but I guess they could swap her with someone else if it came to it is probably the line to read between.
It doesn't sound like that's happening since I was never specifically told she's being viewed like that, but until I get a 100% confirmation from them that she's in like all the others, she's the only one I would say be a little suspicious of her status until I do hear something more certain.
I'm sure they're smart enough to know people want Cassandra back as a launch character to be there with Sophitia.
To me, it sounds virtually impossible Namco would consider swapping a character this late in development. If the game is released in a matter of months, then I expect the game to be feature locked and they're only doing polish and bug fixing. Maybe your friend forgot the exact roster of Lost Swords and therefore gave you misleading information?

By the way, if Cassandra is not in the game I will become your legal guardian just so I can get the opportunity to officially disown you.

There are so many different interpretations on the Net on what has been actually "officially" leaked by the source who leaked Groh and what has not. Just to be 100% sure and avoid confusion.

Those were initially leaked by the Groh source:
1). Kilik
2). Xianghua
3). Siegfried
4). Nightmare
5). Grøh
6). Grøh's Papi
7). Ivy
8). Talim
9). Tira
10). Maxi
11). Astaroth
Is that list correct?

Zasalamel (12) has been leaked as well by the Groh source, also there was some confusion if he's going to be DLC or not. DLC status was never 100% confirmed, yet some people try to discredit the whole leak merely because it was mentioned as hight possibility. Am I right?

Taki (13) has been leaked later by the Groh source. That information got revealed by Takis corn snaks picture here on 8wayrun. Or was she part of the initial leak from the start?

Voldo (14) has been leaked even later by the Groh source. That information got revealed by a gag ball picture here on 8wayrun. Or was he part of the initial leak from the start?

Some people interpretе the Groh source leak as if it confirmed Cassandra, which is not true, is that correct?
Some people interpretе the Groh source leak as if it confirmed Cervantes, which is not true, is that correct?

There are so many different interpretations on the Net on what has been actually "officially" leaked by the source who leaked Groh and what has not. Just to be 100% sure and avoid confusion.

Those were initially leaked by the Groh source:
1). Kilik
2). Xianghua
3). Siegfried
4). Nightmare
5). Grøh
6). Grøh's Papi
7). Ivy
8). Talim
9). Tira
10). Maxi
11). Astaroth
Is that list correct?

Zasalamel (12) has been leaked as well by the Groh source, also there was some confusion if he's going to be DLC or not. DLC status was never 100% confirmed, yet some people try to discredit the whole leak merely because it was mentioned as hight possibility. Am I right?

Taki (13) has been leaked later by the Groh source. That information got revealed by Takis corn snaks picture here on 8wayrun. Or was she part of the initial leak from the start?

Voldo (14) has been leaked even later by the Groh source. That information got revealed by a gag ball picture here on 8wayrun. Or was he part of the initial leak from the start?

Some people interpretе the Groh source leak as if it confirmed Cassandra, which is not true, is that correct?
Some people interpretе the Groh source leak as if it confirmed Cervantes, which is not true, is that correct?
That is the list of characters, yes. I trickled down a lot of the character leaks though as opposed to a lot all at once because that's not how the information was given to me.
Cassandra is in an odd spot of being leaked to me but not in the same way as all the others.
Cervantes is a character I don't know the status of yet. The only reason why him being DLC became a fear in the first place was due to something a "former Bandai Namco employee" came to me with that exists in a vacuum because it has nothing to do with my main SCVI source, and Cervantes not being revealed with Ivy having people worried.

The only real overlap that had me consider any realm of possibility to it is the "former Bandai Namco employee" claims that Maxi's lover (who I prior to that leaked would be gay on SCVI from what I'd been told) would be playable and named Jacker, Grøh's dad (another character I leaked prior) would be named Friderich, Talim (who I leaked previously), and Hwang (was not leaked anything about him being playable, but was told he would most likely come back instead of Yun-Seong when the time comes, but I never said anything about this openly before) which was the only reason I gave it the remote time of day. But they were probably just trying to placate me and what I'd said already to make themselves sound more credible.

Last edited:
so um. what about the new characters? groh, and unconfirmed groh papi is all we get? not counting geralt because he is a guest

It would be really funny if Namco showcased Soul Calibur at E3, but it was just the same demo with the same characters we've been seeing time and time again. I could totally see them doing that.

so um. what about the new characters? groh, and unconfirmed groh papi is all we get? not counting geralt because he is a guest
Every new Soul installment needs at leat one new female character, this one either

Yeah I'd imagine we should get at least one new female character in Sc6 if Groh and his dad are the only other new characters. ( Geralt doesn't count being a guest ) I haven't heard anything though, there was a rumour apparently about a muscular dark skinned woman as a character but that could have just been fake so who knows.

Every new Soul installment needs at leat one new female character, this one either

What I liked about sc was it’s semi-realistic theme. I would actually like someone somewhat historically accurate and not just random dark skinned girl who is just there as another Ivy. I mean we had Hilde and she looked like the most put together and somewhat believable based on her design. Can we just get some females that are not in for any sex appeal because it’s not DOA.

Reactions: Pac
I think we'll see a new female character too. It's been a thing since Soulblade:
In SC we had X and Ivy.
In SCII we had Cassandra and Talim.
In SCIII we had Tira. Setsuka, and Amy (Not counting the 6 female bonus characters included).
In SCIV we had Hilde.
And in SCV we had Viola (not counting the mimic/replacements).

It would be very strange to miss this kind of opportunity. Especially with that dark female character rumor/leak spreading a few months ago.

I think we'll see a new female character too. It's been a thing since Soulblade:
In SC we had X and Ivy.
In SCII we had Cassandra and Talim.
In SCIII we had Tira. Setsuka, and Amy (Not counting the 6 female bonus characters included).
In SCIV we had Hilde.
And in SCV we had Viola (not counting the mimic/replacements).

It would be very strange to miss this kind of opportunity. Especially with that dark female character rumor/leak spreading a few months ago.

Surprise, Maxi is the new girl.

I just hope the new female isn't Anime looking.

If they have plan for exclusive console guest, i definitely want it to be Kratos with the Leviathan, that would be the sickest guest ever.

Back