Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Tekken 7 was designed for Arcade in mind, SC6 will have all the focus for consoles, i'm sure the netcode for SC6 will be great and nothing like Tekken X Street Fighter Beta heu... Tekken 7 i mean.

Is Tekken 7's online worse than Soul Calibur V?
Never played Tekken 7.
If SCVI's online is like SCV i'd be totally cool with that.

T7 netcode at launch was even worse than Tekken 6 (2009) who already had a very bad netcode (so basically wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse than SCV)

With the updates T7 got better but still not that good (compare to SFV that i play since launch T7 online is overall very bad and inferior compare to it), and i think SC5 Xbox 360 is still better than the actual T7 with updates (or maybe tie, been a while i didn't play SC5 online so i can't absolutely confirm this)

Yeah but i still think (and hope) SC6 will have an even better than SCV netcode.

Last edited:
When do you guys think we'll get the trailer showing off the new and improve CAS feature?

At E3, live on stage. The developers will have a demo showing off the new and improved body-shape feature.

:^)

In all seriousness, I suspect we'll see it sooner than we think.

Seung Mi-Na skipping 2 full Soul Caliburs would mildly piss me off.
She's awesome with her Naginata, please Namco bring her back ASAP!:sc4min1:

Mina skipping a Soul Calibur that brings back literally all of the original characters except her would e x t r e m e l y piss me off

I've accepted that she probably won't make the base roster even though she totally deserves to be there but... if she doesn't even make the DLC?? i will R I O T

i just want my SB girls reunited bruh

:sc4min1::sc1sop1::sc1tak1:

Last edited:
I got the steam version of Tekken 7 and the netcode was perfect since day 1, it is the first fighting game where I can almost tell no difference between online and offline, even with 3 out of 5 bars the conection is super solid. You can react to lows in time, break throws and the movement feels super good.

On console on the other hand the netcode was terrible at the begining. I had the oportunity to play T7 at a friend's house and at least on the PS4 version the game was unplayable, to the point where you felt like a rock moving and you had to forget about reacting to things and start using lag tactics to win (it felt like PS3 online I won't say more...).

My friends told me that namco kind of fixed the netcode on the cosole version a little bit with updates but it took a lot of time, and thoose who have both versions (steam and console) say that even with the updates the netcode on the steam version was still so much better than on console.

I still prefer to play games on my console but I will get SCVI on steam because of this experience I had with Tekken 7, in my opinion SCVI's netcode has better chances to be good on PC, and you don't even have to pay for the online there.

Last edited:
Yeah, I play Tekken 7 with a friend in Japan. I'm on the west coast. Game still feels great.

But I think it helps that Tekken is a slightly slower game than SC. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will show up to prove my point (or prove me an idiot), but I'm pretty sure jabs in Tekken are a few frames slower than most 2As in SoulCalibur.

Back