Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Well they revealed the P2 costumes of SCV like a month before the game's release, so who knows we might see'em on Gamescom. Now that i think about it, it would make sense to show them alongside the CaS trailer.

im thinking maybe alternate costumes are unlocked through story mode. you know as the timeline progresses characters outfit changes. otherwise what see is what we get. =/

Unless we're going the SCIV route where they're custom parts. I think when CaS screenshots were revealed for IV, one of them was actually just Talim in her alt.

V had concept art shown in a vid and apparently Groh and Yoshi had some shown at Comic Con as well. Ivy and Tira were only shown because of a guest designer I think.

But yeah, Tekken 7 does give reason to panic. But I think it also had the costume parts within its customization, so... Remember Voldo got unique mask/blindfold/falcon head thingies in IV.

Just curious, is there any reason in particular that Seong Mi-na's design was based off her pink bonus costume in Soul Blade rather than her SCI costume? I don't hate it, but it seems like an odd decision to me.
I think it's likely because Hwang is typically in green and they didn't want both koreans to have the same color palette.

edit: lol she was in orange wasn't she...

Last edited:
Okay I know this has been discussed already, but I'm really confused as to weather or not the season pass is included in the collector's edition for North America. I contacted Bandai Namco support for answers and this is what they said...

Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting the Bandai Namco Entertainment NA Online Store Support.

The collectors edition does come with the Season Pass included which gives access to 3 characters, one extra character, and two armor packs.

Best,
xxxxx

The Bandai Namco Entertainment NA Online Store Team

I'm extremely confused here because I've seen other posts saying that the Art Book would replace the season pass in the North American release. I really want the season pass more than I want the collectables but would definitely get the collector's edition if they were bundled as one. On the flip side I don't want to get my collector's edition only to find there is no season pass when I could have gotten it immediately with the deluxe. *Sigh*

That is confusing. I know we should take their word for it, but why is it not shown in any of the collectors edition bundles? And why has this not been cleared up publicly by one of our BN officials?

Okay I know this has been discussed already, but I'm really confused as to weather or not the season pass is included in the collector's edition for North America. I contacted Bandai Namco support for answers and this is what they said...

Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting the Bandai Namco Entertainment NA Online Store Support.

The collectors edition does come with the Season Pass included which gives access to 3 characters, one extra character, and two armor packs.

Best,
xxxxx

The Bandai Namco Entertainment NA Online Store Team

I'm extremely confused here because I've seen other posts saying that the Art Book would replace the season pass in the North American release. I really want the season pass more than I want the collectables but would definitely get the collector's edition if they were bundled as one. On the flip side I don't want to get my collector's edition only to find there is no season pass when I could have gotten it immediately with the deluxe. *Sigh*
Does that mean there's 6 characters locked in the gold disc - with another 4 still to come as part of the Season pass? If so then I expect at least a double reveal at LA...

That is confusing. I know we should take their word for it, but why is it not shown in any of the collectors edition bundles? And why has this not been cleared up publicly by one of our BN officials?

This is precisely why I haven't preordered the game yet; I've been waiting for some official clarification from Bandai Namco. I'd like to buy the Collector's Edition of the game, but if there isn't a season pass included with the Collector's Edition, then I don't have motivation to buy it, and I am sure that I can't be alone with those sentiments.

The confusion at this point is actually unbelievable. It should be a simple matter to make sure the appropriate clarifying text is added to the sales solicitations and to the mock-up packaging itself. Bandai Namco is not some small, fly-by-night operation. This isn't the first game that the organization has produced. There has to be a reason why that information has not been made absolutely clear in the advertisements and packaging of the game.

I don't know about Europe or Asia, but in the United States, "taking someone's word" when it comes to buying and selling something is not legally binding; however, advertising a product's content and cost, most certainly, is legally binding. It's far past time that the representatives make a clarifying announcement of the costs and content of each edition. I hope there is someone here of the forums who will be able to reach out to listening ears at Namco to help us out.

Why is the PC version not yet on Amazon? I only see the PS4 and XBox versions...
The PC version will be on Steam. It probably won't be on Amazon unless it gets a physical PC release, which doesn't seem likely for a game like Soul Calibur.

The PC version will most likely be on Steam and it's not on Steam yet because they haven't announced something related to it nor the digital deluxe edition (hoping for season pass and art book for the steam version). I am also expecting that we'll get an update on the steam version in September (shortly after either the gamescom or TGS reveals)

The PC version will most likely be on Steam and it's not on Steam yet because they haven't announced something related to it nor the digital deluxe edition (hoping for season pass and art book for the steam version). I am also expecting that we'll get an update on the steam version in September (shortly after either the gamescom or TGS reveals)
No digital version is out yet, most likely due to, how you said, something related to the digital description probably is not revealed yet, number of characters or something along those lines

You know when a character defeats an opponent with their critical edge and the camera zooms in on them and they say something?

Will characters we create from CaS do the same thing? Just something I was wondering. Be pretty cool if they had more than one quote to say also.

Does that mean there's 6 characters locked in the gold disc - with another 4 still to come as part of the Season pass? If so then I expect at least a double reveal at LA...

I think 3 will be DLC and then a bonus character at release as a pre-order bonus. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an echo fighter like Rock or someone like that.

Thanks for the reply xxxxx. I just want to clarify what all is included in the collector's edition.

120-page art book
metal case with built-in soundbox (with 4 in-game voiceover snippets)
soundtrack on disk
12" collectible Sophitia figure, Collector's Edition box
full Soulcalibur VI game
Season Pass with access to 3 fighter, 1 bonus fighter and 2 armor packs

Is that correct? I don't mean to be rude in any way at all, I just want to make sure I know what is included before I buy, because it is listed differently in the description. Thank you again for your time.

This was my reply. I'll keep you guys posted when I find out exactly what they say. This is coming directly from Bandai Namco customer support so i would hope the information is accurate.

Back