Soulcalibur V Art/Wallpapers

our fair beautiful kunoichi (female ninja)...

Taki - a Moment in Possession
24g4y1h.jpg

OK, going to bed now.. stayed up all night to do this one...

Last edited:
It's all about that Lizardman

Hmmm... interesting. I don't think the lizard gets enough love or attention it so deserves.
2nbvlsm.jpg

We'll have to change that. =)

So much for daylight hours today - what was left of it =p ~ lol.
Here's to another late night to the tune of Rex Colt - Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon theme and other bizarre music from 90's era B-rated films.

Thank God I don't have to work a night shift. I can see why people who need to do this for a living over time turn into zombies. It's apocalyptically quiet outside and the only places that are open are like 7-11 convenient markets.

More importantly, why are his toes so bent ?

I'd like to see more critical edges without the set camera angles.

More importantly, why are his toes so bent ?
I'd like to see more critical edges without the set camera angles.

Ehh?... careless - lol hahaha - in my haste to get this done so I could leave the house by the afternoon, I think I left that joint on in the animation while trying to pose for the still aerial shot. lol... how did I missed that? Claw feet - lol.

Is that a custom character? How are you making these pictures?

Indeed. Does it not look like a familiar blonde from another fighting game series? =D

Ever since they showed off that first trailer for SC5 way back when, I've always felt this move was well.. it looked way too much like that "other famous move". Although it's different concept entirely and in execution, I'm still not sure how I still feel about it. But I figure it be a nice piece to focus this composition on - a bit of humor and in a way, to stick it to the "fandom" for "that other game" on the other side of the fence so to speak...

To answer your other question, I'm using a combination of the same techniques I've used for compositing other stuff I've done in the past but a lot more than just filming and running FX across it within After Effects and Photoshop. There's some 3d work, camera projections, chroma keying, particle effects and lighting, and more focus on color grading to make the shot look real good. I could afford to put a little more time and detail into these because I'm not dealing with moving pictures - it's a single frame. But in a sense it can still be more challenging. It's kind of like photography, how do you tell a story with a single picture?

2dujrjb.jpg

Here's a different camera angle - top down perspective. No funny feet.

Last edited:
Ehh?... careless - lol hahaha - in my haste to get this done so I could leave the house by the afternoon, I think I left that joint on in the animation while trying to pose for the still aerial shot. lol... how did I missed that? Claw feet - lol.

2dujrjb.jpg

Here's a different camera angle - top down perspective. No funny feet.
Interesting so you're telling me you can lock one set of joints while running the animation otherwise straight-up from his CE.

We finally get a glimpse of how high vertically Pat actually sends his victim popping into the air.

You're rotating the camera 90 degrees, right? It kinda gives a glimpse how the game would look if it released on a platform capable of running it at a higher resolution.

I guess you can say that - its a vertical slice of a 2K image although I'm sure such a system would also include higher definition as well - higher polygon count, increased pixel density, better use of lighting, shading, materials, etc. If this game was to release on the new systems (or better yet on PC) it could look something like this or possibly even better. This is just single still frame with digitally added composited effects but there is no reason why, if given enough resources, to allow something like this to render in real time. I'm curious to see how the next Soul Calibur will translate if using Unreal 4 engine (which I'm very sure they'll be using for the 'next game' as next Tekken is).

Is tekken 7 that visually impressive tho ?

bonus thought: her nipples are larger than the gem in her sword.

Is tekken 7 that visually impressive tho ?
bonus thought: her nipples are larger than the gem in her sword.

I don't think Tekken was ever visually impressive... ever. Except for some scenes from Blood Vengeance but that was a production animated movie.

Well I got a little carried away with the last piece... hehe.
Here's a behind the scenes take on the above "photoshoot" complete with flash photography

Ivy - Behind the Scenes (Liberated Crush)
f2pxqx.jpg

It's actually from a video sequence that I spent way too much time extending out that first scene. Spent a good deal of my afternoon just for a measly few seconds... part of both the joy and hatred of doing video work.

Here's a teaser clip from the sequence in slow motion:

281x861.jpg

Yes, I know... the hilt on her whip-sword is going through her thighs. (Intended) quirks like this are part of the game animation (to simplify development). It happens so fast and usually from one angle, you can barely notice it in real time.

And of course the full video clip would look something like this:

wrfe3o.jpg

See? It's nothing but props and special FX. The torn pieces of clothing are nothing but down feathers and the large piece of ripped cloth covering her (topless) breasts is CGI 3D FX added in post production (censored here). There was a wind generator to her left and a bunch of ambient and spot lights all around. The set was partially a green screen with a matte painting of the Valentine mansion from Soul Calibur III as a backdrop. With proper timing, a good camera/lenses and lots and lots of patience, anyone can take photos like these. It's all an illusion. j/k lol.

If you guys are interested, I'll can post the full Hi-Res video for download but I probably will want to make some slight changes later - maybe add sound or something.... Tired now, will take a break from video - I'll just do stills for a while.

Last edited:
Back