Soulcalibur V Art/Wallpapers

SDP7k.gif

Your coloring technique is not bad. The best was done on Taki's thigh area. Those muscular curvature looks close to a well sculpted muscle figure (the thigh area that is); its just that it needs more intensity between black and white levels. The abs needed much more intensity than the thighs do. Also looking at Taki's right forearm it looks as though she suffered rashes or maybe a sun burn. Also with regards for her left hand I can tell you're attempting to make it face as if nearly pointing towards the camera. Again, the use of intensity gives the fingers a more 3-dimensional look as if its popping towards you; flat coloring or close to flat coloring doesn't make it stick out or not much at all so more intensity on that.
Oh hey, thanks for the critique. Yeah, I didn't see it since I only come around lately every few weeks. I've been working harder on coloring and rendering since the Taki illustration. I'm still trying to get better.

Here's a chibi Natsu that I always wanted back in the day but could never find. So I drew her myself.

chibi_natsu_by_jay156-d8f74pl.jpg

Ivy looks slightly out of proportion:
  • her right hand looks elongated
  • on her left hand the fingers look irregular
  • her nipples are pointing in the wrong direction and the boobs could have looked a little more baggy.
  • the hips are somewhat confusing; is she trying to move her left hip towards the camera?
  • also in reference to the avatar, Ivy seems to have a more square jawline; her face is triangular
  • her eyes are too wide apart
It looks overall incomplete and the image looks flat, keep improving and working on your craft.

Last edited:
Sorry - haven't been active here due to mostly projects at work and family. But now I'm on sabbatical vacation leave for a bit and had some free time for the past few weeks in between trips. Will probably dabble here and there to get some creative juice running in between heading "somewhere" for vacation. Some of it SC related...

Here's some recent quick composites:

Elysium - Heavenly
2rqy2j8.jpg

Also here's some test shots with recent FX work on day-night conversions on some of the stages. In particular is Jyurakudai Villa but under a moon lit night sky.

sgreqb.jpg

30kw1o1.jpg

And to show you guys this isn't just some still photo manipulation, here's the stage scene in motion:

Ivy vs Taki - Calamity Catfight Round 2
(this is a silent video clip - test only)

Staying up late listening to some easy listening and some funky disco music from the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever (1977) for hours on end in repeated loop {yeah - the classic John Travolta film with music by Bee Gees, Kool & the Gang, David Shire, etc..} -anyways somehow that got me to do some work focusing on some lighting FX.

Ivy - Earrings
(another silent loop - test only)

And some additional loops

hrygit.jpg
6zlwt5.jpg
2d6tni9.jpg

larger animated loops can be found here (may take some time to load):
Ivy - Beauty Rack:
http://orig01.deviantart.net/1778/f/2015/118/4/3/ivy_valentine___beauty_rack__animated__by_skytoast-d8rglcx.gif
Taki - Moonlight Stance: http://skytoast.deviantart.com/art/Taki-Moonlight-Stance-Animated-529820611
Sophitia - Look Out: http://skytoast.deviantart.com/art/Sophitia-Look-Out-497891370

Last edited:
@darkwings13 - Nice Talim drawing. What's so special about Talim as a character? I don't remember her being a great character.
(っ´ω`c) thank you!
What's probably special about her is that she's definitely the most compassionate character in the entire roster. She left her home to go out into an unknown world to help, she risked her power and life to save a child and she's one of the wiser character to realize that SC and SE are both evil. Her goal is to simply heal the malfested and return the world to normal, such a good girl. :3
And her fighting style is fun! =D like zwei.
*albeit low tier ( ≧Д≦)

(っ´ω`c) thank you!
What's probably special about her is that she's definitely the most compassionate character in the entire roster. She left her home to go out into an unknown world to help, she risked her power and life to save a child and she's one of the wiser character to realize that SC and SE are both evil. Her goal is to simply heal the malfested and return the world to normal, such a good girl. :3
And her fighting style is fun! =D like zwei.
*albeit low tier ( ≧Д≦)

Talim will always be terrible and Leixia vs Talim would be a 10-0 match in Leixia's favor.

That's ok. Leixia will always be the nerfed down version of Xianghua too. :3

Edit: Oh! And behind her mom in popularity lmao.

Difference is jians user are never going to be terrible like Talim. In SCII, I always felt that Xianghua's style would always be great even her damage is toned down. Leixia is only toned down in damage, but the moveset is excellent and Leixia is more refined than X so I can do whatever I want with her and Leixia as she is now is just as strong as SCII Xianghua(The balanced X). Remember when Leixia was stronger than SCIII Xianghua(The overpowered X) Xianghua is more popular because she easier to win with and doesn't require no thought because she has the same tools that Leixia would have, but with excellent damage and has good lows.

Back