SoulCalibur VI Storyline Theory Thread

It seems almost obvious saying this, but Grøh (how funny is that spelling) is likely connected to Z.W.E.I. right? Just going by their style/aesthetics alone. Grohs artwork I believe has wolf imagery somewhere in it too.

It seems almost obvious saying this, but Grøh (how funny is that spelling) is likely connected to Z.W.E.I. right? Just going by their style/aesthetics alone. Grohs artwork I believe has wolf imagery somewhere in it too.
It actually looks to be a lion, not a wolf. But the three swords are kind of suspect, when he's only got the twinblade/two swords thing going for him.
Time will tell, and we also need to get a good look at his Papi, too, to get the full picture. It's possible, but we don't have enough evidence just yet.

Possibly, but Z.W.E.I. was more Gothic fantasy than Groh's Visual Kei aesthetic. Furthermore Groh's name is clearly mean to be of Norse/Scandinavian roots (though it's not an actual name). I'm interested to see what they do with him and Kilik's dynamic as it's clear their overall designs are meant to clash, being of West vs. East, stoic vs. passionate, etc.

My question is what makes him relevant NOW. why are they trying to implement more story to Kiliks character? We already know how it goes... And what is with Grohs father being a playable character too??

My question is what makes him relevant NOW. why are they trying to implement more story to Kiliks character? We already know how it goes... And what is with Grohs father being a playable character too??

Because Kilik and Xianghua were always a big part of the story, but it was never dramatized. The Evil Seed was a huge part of Kilik's identity, but it was always informed but never shown. Groh also is a call to stuff that was established further in the timeline, specifically it's clear the Aval Organization has connections to Algol and by extension Zasalamel, so they're just weaving the lore earlier in the timeline to make things more consistent as opposed to the original telling where they were just making things up as they went.

As much as Bandai Namco says that it will have a great 'epic' storymode, I highly doubt it. Seeing how great the storymode for Tekken 7 was. Also I remember this movie when someone says epic (which was bad):

Epic_%282013_film%29_poster.jpg

However, assuming that they are being honest I would like to see how Kilik went berserk and probably we actually get to see Xianglian. I think it would be neat even if Soul Calibur/Elysium (if she returns) takes her form to try to manipulate Kilik. Also, if Cassandra does come back I would actually like to see this Cassandra be the one that got sucked into Astral Chaos and somehow winds back in the events of Soul Calibur I. I could say more, but this time around I have my expectations for the story mode to be low.

With the inclusion of Zasalamel, does it seem more likely that PS is trying to bridge the events of SCV to VI? What other characters could support this?Storywise, why bother connecting them? In all honesty I don't mind if they retcon everyone's ages just to include more people.

I also think we have a pretty good idea that they're definitely fleshing out the SCI story with Kiliks malfested form.

Did anyone else read somewhere that they're trying to cover story from 1-3? Cuz if they do that I see no reason to void anyone except for scv characters.

With the inclusion of Zasalamel, does it seem more likely that PS is trying to bridge the events of SCV to VI? What other characters could support this?Storywise, why bother connecting them? In all honesty I don't mind if they retcon everyone's ages just to include more people.

I also think we have a pretty good idea that they're definitely fleshing out the SCI story with Kiliks malfested form.

Did anyone else read somewhere that they're trying to cover story from 1-3? Cuz if they do that I see no reason to void anyone except for scv characters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7niilu/leakileaks_part_ii_a_statement_of_previous_ones/
2018-02-09_0608.png

So let's talk and speculate about the Story in Soul Calibur VI

2 important elements we know so far confirmed by the Director of the game Mr. Okubo:
* Story main focus will be Soul Edge VS Soul Calibur Good VS Evil
* The timeline will mainly happen during SC1 and SC2.

(I'll edit as we learn more things about the Story)

images

So i'll begin this thread with: you guys think Ivy will be Evil in SC6?

I think Zas will do some timey wimey shit and teleport Z.W.E.I. into the current timeline just before he hits the ground after getting stabbed off the edge from sc5 story and he will be super pissed looking for revenge and kills Sophitia so she can't give birth Pyrrha so all that never happened. The end.

"most of the Lost Swords cast. You can pretty much deduce who will and who won't."

So pretty much all of the veterans in that game except Seong Mi-Na.

"most of the Lost Swords cast. You can pretty much deduce who will and who won't."

So pretty much all of the veterans in that game except Seong Mi-Na.

She might be confirmed for launch since Hwang was confirmed by Vergeben. Mi-na could get the rest of Xiba's exclusive moves because Kong, Xianghua's father trained them both. Hwang & Yun - seong share the same story. They want to protect Korea from Japanese forces, but Hwang's good ending finds out Soul Edge is evil and throws them away. Yun - seong doesn't care if Soul Edge is evil. Yun - seong might be a skin & voice because Hwang was buried for a long time since SE. In SE, he was a Mitsu clone. In SCI, he was a Xianghua clone. In SCII-SCIV, he was replaced by Yun - seong(He appeared as Assassin in SCII & as a Bonus Character in SCIII), In SCV & The New Legends of Project Soul, none of the Koreans were mentioned or playable.

Amy could also just be retconned into being Viola from the start, and Raphael's story would change accordingly.

Back