SS & CS/iCS Info

SS/CS Help

8G, SS/iCS.

Anyone able to find a use for this buffer? I've been using it for CS primarily, and if they start ducking after the jump, 3A.

SS/CS Help

I noticed that lately people have been blocking my 6B for, CL 6A,K [B+K] 6B, CS
I'm thinking I should switch up to CL 6A,K [B+K] CS
CH CL 6A,K causes a shakeable stun. If the opponent isn't able to shake though, your follow-up choices are countless. But usually all advanced players are able to shake this stun. So If you want to work on your mix-ups after this stun, when facing someone that can shake it, then your choices are a bit different.
More specifically something like this:
After opponent shakes stun of: CH CL 6A,B+K (CL to SW):
1. iCS/CS or any grab (A+G/B+G), is nice to make some opponents crouch after it. Mix-up ends after possible throw.
2. quick mid option in SW (3A, 1K, 3B, 6 etc), nice for crouching opponents. Mix-up may continue depending on which move you chose AND hit opponent.
3. not necessarily quick (but safe) mid option in SW that deals great SG damage (1B+K, 3B, 6A+B*). This is nice against opponents that tend to break your throws. The point of this choice is to make your opponent block it, thus damaging his SG. Mix-up ends of course.
4. SE. I'm not going to discuss SE mix-ups here. I think you get my point.

*I can't remember right now If this move is safe on block or not, I'll check it later.

haven't perfected SW 3B, CS yet
that would be interesting
Well...yeah, SW 3B (because of the advantage Ivy takes on hit) is a move that only a noob would try to interrupt (on hit). That's why most advanced players after being hit by this, they usually watch Ivy closely in order to try and guess her next move. Others take the risk and GI (this beats Ivy's quick mid/high follow-ups and rarely beats her throws If opponent is able to JI). That's why, If you want to change your CS/mid stun mix-ups from time to time, after SW 3B on hit, you can always try options 3 and 4 that I mentioned earlier in this post.

8G, SS/iCS.

Anyone able to find a use for this buffer? I've been using it for CS primarily, and if they start ducking after the jump, 3A.
I don't know, If I were to jump I would only do it If I wanted to escape a low hit. And of course I wouldn't just jump. Both SW 8_9A and SW 7K (If I remember correctly) gives fairly nice advantage on hit and CH for your CS/iCS possible attempts.
Still, the one that you mentioned (7_8_9G--->CS/iCS), HAS its uses. Especially If you know when to use it (mostly as a follow-up after shakeable stuns). The only problem is that If you use it too often, you'll probably start finding yourself getting interrupted more often. But that, also depends on the opponent of course ;)

SS/CS Help

Took me a while, but thanks to some methods in this post I can get the throws off frequently now.

Now I just gotta work on buffering them in matches more often.

SS & CS/iCS FAQ

I don't know how he is getting it out that fast after a step. After I step forward and do the motion, my character will start moving a little bit. Any other tricks to buffer this?

SS & CS/iCS FAQ

I cant get the throw out that fast during a step with a stick but for some reason i can do it on a controller easy. the movement is an actual step i believe ( like just taping the 8 2 to make them kinda do a lil hop)then doing it during the hop, its fast. ill test it out more tonight after dinner

SS & CS/iCS FAQ

But what about Summon Suffering? Any help with that move;You know like how to do it more
accurately or better.

SS & CS/iCS FAQ

That's probably why I can just move the analog stick around and pull SS off.
But hopefully I can pull it off without cheating,thanks! xD

Reply to Thatman_Blaze:

First of all, go to practice. 1st player Ivy, 2nd player Astaroth (i'll explain later why Astaroth, it really doesn't matter though)
(I'll cover the CS part, but the same applies to SS, only reversed)
(Also, I should mention that I'm using a PS3 pad, which is very CS/SS friendly)
Shift to Sword State (B+K), then start doing the CS motion input VERY slowly. Of course doing it very slowly, nothing will happen. But it doesn't matter. Just do VERY slowly the following command:

3214123691A+G

Just remember to press simultaneously the last input with A+G. The last input as you can see is the "1" input. So "1" must inputed TOGETHER with A+G. Like: 1+A+G
Also, do not raise your thumb from the d-pad during inputing the whole command. Remember (while doing it slowly as I said for a start) to maintain a smooth movement. Doing it slowly at first, will make you familiar with the movement.

Now, when you think that you are familiar enough, try to do it A BIT faster (just a bit). And so on, each time that inputing speed does not affect the smoothness of movement, increase your inputing speed. Remember: Take your time. Eventually will do a CS.

Of course doing it while standing, Ivy moves like crazy (it's very funny watching her). So now you are going to try it, while buffering the input during a move. In Sword State, FC3B is a move that allows a rather big buffering window. Just do SW FC3B and during the animation of the move, buffer CS.

Next try a quicker move. Let's say SW 2A. As you can see, this needs quicker buffering than the previous move. IMPORTANT: You should know that MOST moves do NOT allow buffering CS in their starting frames, so for MOST moves you should start your CS buffering "sort of" at their ending frames (well, this needs a more in-depth explanation, but for now i'll leave it as it is).

Finally, try CS during blockstun. Record Astaroth's 22_88B and while blocking it, buffer CS (this Asta's move has nice blockstun). Remember, even during blockstun, do not start your CS buffering exactly at enemy move's impact, just sliiiiiiiightly later.

(I should repeat once again, that the most important part of this practice, is the part when you get used to the command while doing it very slowly, while standing. Take your time, with this and each time, try to increase your speed until you get a beautiful CS or iCS)

Thanks for the infO dittO. im about to hop on and give that a try. i should say that i play stick but i am open to playing her on pad. is that what most players do for her?

with that being said and this should probably be responded back in the FAQ section but how exactly do you guys map these buttons on your sticks.. i have a saulabi 4k and i am just wondering how do people usually map their buttons. same question for the pad. just use the regular 4 buttons or do i map the top ones in a certain way?

is that what most players do for her?
My previous post, was just to make you familiar with the movement and some other types of buffering.
Once you get that down, you can CS/iCS pretty much out of "anything".

My favourite methods of buffering iCS/CS is: blockstun (when blockstun enemy's move has also slow recovering frames, then it's even better), WS, SW 1K (on CH definitely my favourite move to buffer iCS), SW 2A, SW 3B, SW 6 etc.

There are many ways to buffer this (even from CL state, using first the B+K transitioner of course), just use your imagination. ;)

Does anybody know if SS can be buffered from WP 4A+B or WP rising A+B?? Those moves are long and seem like they offer plenty of time to buffer it in. Also, is there a source for exact buffer windows on all moves??

it can be buffered through WP 4A+B
I do it all the time
though you have to make sure your opponent likes to guard on reaction
always test out with one WP4A+B,B to atleast train them
WP rising A+B isn't a good candidate because it's rather slow on ending, and very unsafe if people block.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol
taunt-->iCS
gold

it can be buffered through WP 4A+B
I do it all the time
though you have to make sure your opponent likes to guard on reaction
always test out with one WP4A+B,B to atleast train them
WP rising A+B isn't a good candidate because it's rather slow on ending, and very unsafe if people block.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol
taunt-->iCS
gold

WP WR A+B is not good at -all-. Negative nwhat... 20+ on hit and 30+ on block? XD

Although, admittedly, it is abstractly good as a game finisher since it aGI's anything on the planet. o.o

Ok I checked it and it can be done like this:

CL[G][A+K] 1236173 B+G
CL[G][B+K] 3214391 A+G

Just hold down G and A+K_B+K at the same time + input the directions.

So it's basically CS/SS from CL. Damn, she gets more powerful again... I wonder what's next ... <dream mode on>WP->SW shift?<dream mode off>

edit:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=12BV2htvSIg

CL iCS :P what do you guys think?

Back