Story Mode (VGD)

Death_Emperor_X

[10] Knight
Incase you havn't noticed, VGD is "Video Game Discussion." Anyways, to get right to the point. What story is your most favorite one out of any game. Why did you like that story? What is it about? & do you wish you forgot about it, so you could play it again? Also to add on; which story is do you think is the most greatest one of all times? & which story did you disliked the most? & why, for the both greatest & baddest.

As for my big ***, I don't know about any of you, but my number one favorite is Chronicle of The Sword from SCIII. The story that I think is probably the number one best of all times though, is probably FFX. The story I dislike the most is probably DOA4, because it started out with no beginning, but a bitch slap to the face. To me, there wasn't a beginning & middle, but only the end. Which made it confusing as hell. I didn't play the previous DOA games. I started at playing DOA4. The only one who made the most sense was Helena. Everybody else, was like "wtf".

I'd also like to ask a question about SC's stories. Can somebody tell me again what the hell everyones purpose was in their own individual story mode (when they had them back then in SCIII or w/e) for me one time?

Thanks gaiz n.n

If I had to choose one game of whose story line that I liked the most, it would have to be Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. It started off normal, then it just got better with time, and each character seemed to develop while the story went on. I also liked the fact that it had some creepy elements to it.
Game that had the best story of all time, in my opinion, is either Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time or Final Fantasy VI. It's hard to choose cause with Star Ocean, you had characters that were brilliantly designed and they developed very well. As with Final Fantasy VI, the characters developed with the hardships they faced and in turn it made the story very memorable.

I wish that Suikoden IV had a bit of a better story line, but it was still an excellent game. But they should of went into the history of the Rune of Punishment and the main character himself.

And @Death_Emperor_X , here is a tid bit for Soul Calibur's story.
http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Calibur

RIP English.

Anyways, if you like playing for the story you should definitely check out these masterpieces:
  • Morrowind
  • Journey
  • Psychonauts
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Oblivion
  • Majora's Mask
  • PoP: Sands series
  • ICO
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Persona Series
  • Okami
    • Maybe: Wind Waker, Knights of the Old Republic, Deus Ex, God of War 1.
    • Haven't personally played (but I've only heard good things about them): Witcher series, AssCreed series, Bioshock series, Mass Effect series, Fallout series.
I'd also like to ask a question about SC's stories. Can somebody tell me again what the hell everyones purpose was in their own individual story mode (when they had them back then in SCIII or w/e) for me one time?
To give background on the characters and a reason for them to fight (?). Not sure what you're asking.

Can somebody tell me again what the hell everyones purpose was in their own individual story mode (when they had them back then in SCIII or w/e) for me one time?

Thanks gaiz n.n
Because even if some of the endings are not canon they are still fun for the player, and it makes whatever becomes canon even more interesting or jarring since the non canon endings and the players own thoughts, theories, and current canon were all their way to go off of.

And now we have complete backtracking of the story which i've summarized in a post in the changes to profiles thread in story speculation forum

E.I.N./Minion is Z.W.E.I's second soul, Ivy, Maxi, Hilde, and Astaroth now have their SC4 bio's again, Mitsurugi is hunting Nightmare instead of ARUGOL. (Yay, Algol is obsolete). Yoshimitsu isn't Yoshimitsu the Second, and Raphael has a bit more sanity and is looking for Soulcalibur to heal Amy. No mention of Raphael or Graf Dumas in Nightmare's bio.

BioShock has a great story, I'd really suggest checking it out. The first two BioShock games are linked however the third one is not but it's still a good game.

Back