Super High-Level In Your Face TIERLIST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm late 2 da partay but, seriously, I can't find any tierlist (das not a wurd lol) thread that I can post in and I never got to share my opinion. If possible, I want this to be a discussion because I want to talk about everyone's perspective and actually like to hear this stuff (so, if we can, no close, please). I mean, I know people get angry for whatever reason but that's just another spice of life, right?

I'd like it if, rather than posting you guyseses own that you criticize mine. Now, I understand that might not always be the case but I'd at least like for the topic to start off that way so that I can give a chance to give some reasoning. But, please, be direct in your criticism and questioning; it's much harder to answer the question, "Why is *X* here?" as opposed to answering, "Why is *X* here and not here?" or "Why is *X" here instead of *Y*?"

Well, without further delay, my own personal tierlist! =o

A:

Cervantes
Alpha Patroklos
Mitsurugi
Algol
Tira
Viola

A-: Pyrrha

B+: Patroklos
Natsu
Yoshimitsu

B: Nightmare
Siegfried
Pyrrha Omega
Hilde
Voldo
Ezio
Xiba
Astaroth
Ivy
Aeon
Maxi
Z.W.E.I.

C: Raphael
Leixia

D: Dampierre

I also want to make a spreadsheet to see how much what I think matches up with what I think (know what I mean)? So, if someone can help me understand...how to actually make a spreadsheet, it'd be much appreciated!

(As far as the rules go it says no Tier discussion in the SA's. We are cool here XD, but I will be watching.)

Now for my opinion. Is there a reason Cervantes is at the top? I would say he is third maybe fourth best but not THE best. Even with pirate cross he cant punish a ton of moves. iGDR is amazing though with the ability to combo it three times. In my personal opinion Viola is the best then Nightmare. Nightmare has AMAZING tech traps and his damage is godlike for the little amount of input it contains.(Aga excluded). Viola is just tough in general. Amazing mind games/mixups. Infinite back grab against most. Stupid tricks like Recall orb Brave edge into aerial CE. She just has so much. I guess I can understand Cerv being so up though. His aGI's Are really good. Bah. IDK . Its all situational.

Even with pirate cross he cant punish a ton of moves.
I'm sorry but what? CE is i10 and aB is i11.
In my personal opinion Viola is the best then Nightmare.
I'm sorry but what? Just... no.
Nightmare has AMAZING tech traps and his damage is godlike for the little amount of input it contains.(Aga excluded).
Tech traps can be JGed, his damage is pretty good, and execution means absolutely nothing at all when creating tier lists or matchup charts.
Infinite back grab against most.
Against all.

Now for my tier list:
S:
aPat
Mitsurugi
Cervy
Viola
Omega
Pat
Algol

A:
Natsu
Astaroth
Tira
Pyrrha
Ivy
Nightmare
Voldo
Yoshi

B:
Xiba
Ezio
Maxi
Aeon
Hilde
Siegfried

C:
Leixia
Z.W.E.I.
Raph
Damp

I'll explain some placements if you'd like.

Thank you for making the tiers themselves reasonable.

I can't take these lists seriously when you you have characters ranging from S++ to F- in what intuitively feels like a roughly balanced game. Seeing the majority of the cast parked on A and B with a few outliers on the bottom end seems to make more sense.

Speaking of the bottom end, does Dampierre really need to be by himself in D or is that just joke character bias?

I'm sorry but what? CE is i10 and aB is i11.

I'm sorry but what? Just... no.

Tech traps can be JGed, his damage is pretty good, and execution means absolutely nothing at all when creating tier lists or matchup charts.

Against all.
Yes aB is i11 but it has short range. It can punish but not against someone with longer range like nightmare or Sieg(For me at least.)

As for my top two I am entitled to my opinion.

And I realize input has nothing to do with tier....

An as for the backgrab if you knew anything you would know Zwei Voldo and Ast can break that grab....

Yes aB is i11 but it has short range. It can punish but not against someone with longer range like nightmare or Sieg(For me at least.)

As for my top two I am entitled to my opinion.

An as for the backgrab if you knew anything you would know Zwei Voldo and Ast can break that grab....
Short but not that short. Plus, most moves that are -11 or more, can be punished by his aB regardless of range.

Yes but elaborate please. The Viola part I don't see as terribly wrong but wrong nonetheless since she can't punish worth shit, the wall most of the time ruins her damage(unless you get backgrab wall loop), and she has shitty ass range.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that lol but it still combos so I guess its considered a semi-infinite(?) vs those 3.

Short but not that short. Plus, most moves that are -11 or more, can be punished by his aB regardless of range.

Yes but elaborate please. The Viola part I don't see as terribly wrong but wrong nonetheless since she can't punish worth shit, the wall most of the time ruins her damage(unless you get backgrab wall loop), and she has shitty ass range.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that lol but it still combos so I guess its considered a semi-infinite(?) vs those 3.
See I like this :D Discussion. I would be happy to elaborate. I am starting to rethink my opinion now after thinking it over but I still think she is top 3 or 4. It may just be me but I can never seem to sidestep JG or duck anything of hers without there being that second part to destroy me and get me back in the loop. She just has so much she can do out of anything. She has a lot of options. Most characters when they do something there is 2-3 things they will do after but with Viola she can follow almost any attack with a different random attack and it will fit. (This is probably just me though because I am a nub against her haha.)

now for my question. Why did you put aPat at the top of your list? I think he is a great character but a lot of his moves leave him open for punish. I feel like you have to turtle and only punish with him to make him useful outside of random 214 stance just frames to slap someone XD. I will admit he oes have great combo potenetial.

How big do you think the gap between A tier and B tier is?
Or between A and C?

I'm actually thinking about messing with Raphael when I get the time. Picking Raphael over TTT2, oh man...

It has long range for that class of move (i11). aB can punish Pat's 3A, that's long enough range to piss me off.

I distinctly recall NFK spacing me out with aB quite a few times. It's kind of like Pyrrha's BB, just plain annoying how fast it is for how much space it covers.

Anyway, here's my tear list.

Lots of tears:

aPatroklos
Mitsurugi
Cervantes
Viola

A little tears:

Pyrrha
Algol

Poker face:

Everybody else

My character:

My character

I've been to one offline tournament so I must be eligible to make a tierlist!

Nah, it would be awful. :P
Everyone deserves an opinion. Our goal here is to discuss how people think of and see characters hopefully without harsh judgement. If as a thread we can do that this thread could be productive and enlightening.
It has long range for that class of move (i11). aB can punish Pat's 3A, that's long enough range to piss me off.

I distinctly recall NFK spacing me out with aB quite a few times. It's kind of like Pyrrha's BB, just plain annoying how fast it is for how much space it covers.
Not even going to argue with you Drake lol . You are on a whole higher level than me. I know when I am mentally beat on a subject *Raises white flag* XD

now for my question. Why did you put aPat at the top of your list? I think he is a great character but a lot of his moves leave him open for punish. I feel like you have to turtle and only punish with him to make him useful outside of random 214 stance just frames to slap someone XD. I will admit he oes have great combo potenetial.
Discussion is boring.

i8 CE=55 damage
i11(?) AA
i12 JFT=Tons of damage or mixup opportunity or even RO
i15 44B+K BE=100+ damage
Fast safe(can also track) mids=66B(or 236B) and 33_99B(or 2363B).
Insane mixup
Top notch grabs
Good anti-air(a:G:B)
One of the best lows(1A:A:A)
Amazing wall game
Decent range
Wavedashes
Decent guard damage
Safe
Plus some more...

Algol is good but he also has to save his bar, making him easy to GI. Japan sbo top 4 was pat,tira,hilda,asty right? I feel like pat and hilda are high tier for sure. Hilda is like apat only a few people in the whole world can use her well. Anyways no ones ever going to agree. I really feel like a Japanese tier list would be the most accurate cause every player has alot of exposure to high level versions of every character. I feel like there is a S tier, that in time will be shown

S tier
viola
hilda
apat
cervy

just all these characters have a learning curve. Even though there is all this viola back grab ban talk. I didnt see anyone but tokido doing it well enough to RO people with it and what not. Takes time to get that good with viola.

Edit: algols wavedash is ridic..... better than hilda's

Algol is good but he also has to save his bar, making him easy to GI. Japan sbo top 4 was pat,tira,hilda,asty right? I feel like pat and hilda are high tier for sure. Hilda is like apat only a few people in the whole world can use her well. Anyways no ones ever going to agree. I really feel like a Japanese tier list would be the most accurate cause every player has alot of exposure to high level versions of every character. I feel like there is a S tier, that in time will be shown

S tier
viola
hilda
apat
cervy

just all these characters have a learning curve. Even though there is all this viola back grab ban talk. I didnt see anyone but tokido doing it well enough to RO people with it and what not. Tales time to get that good with viola.
I really don't think of Hilde as that amazing cause of one word: Whiffing. I've had all sorts of moves whiff with her randomly. 3A, 66A, 3B BE, 66B BE, C4 B, C1 B, C3 B, JMP B, 4B, and 44B to name a few. The stupidest whiffs are her CE whiffs at long range(happened twice to me), grab whiffs(steppable), 22_88B whiffs and C2 B whiffs in combos. So frustrating. She is to whiffy to be top tier. Plus she cant punish well(guard punishes oc), seemingly nonexistent guard damage, and has some of the crappiest TJing attacks(JMP A and 44B are decent-ish though) in the game.

I know I'm late 2 da partay but, seriously, I can't find any tierlist (das not a wurd lol) thread that I can post in and I never got to share my opinion. If possible, I want this to be a discussion because I want to talk about everyone's perspective and actually like to hear this stuff (so, if we can, no close, please). I mean, I know people get angry for whatever reason but that's just another spice of life, right?

I'd like it if, rather than posting you guyseses own that you criticize mine. Now, I understand that might not always be the case but I'd at least like for the topic to start off that way so that I can give a chance to give some reasoning. But, please, be direct in your criticism and questioning; it's much harder to answer the question, "Why is *X* here?" as opposed to answering, "Why is *X* here and not here?" or "Why is *X" here instead of *Y*?"

Well, without further delay, my own personal tierlist! =o

A:

Cervantes
Alpha Patroklos
Mitsurugi
Algol
Tira
Viola

A-: Pyrrha

B+: Patroklos
Natsu
Yoshimitsu

B: Nightmare
Siegfried
Pyrrha Omega
Hilde
Voldo
Ezio
Xiba
Astaroth
Ivy
Aeon
Maxi
Z.W.E.I.

C: Raphael
Leixia

D: Dampierre

I also want to make a spreadsheet to see how much what I think matches up with what I think (know what I mean)? So, if someone can help me understand...how to actually make a spreadsheet, it'd be much appreciated!

You know usa's tournament scene better then almost anyone so i think its accurate to say that this is Usa's tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back