Texas Mashfest Results

Not taking anything away from you at all. Didn't mean to come off that way by my comment. But about 95% of the people who know you said you would have not gotten that far if you didn't play Algol. You came with a character we all didn't know how to beat and well beat us. Good Job not talking shit about your talent you are good and smart knowing we all didnt know how to beat Algol. Good job for catching everyone like that though.

I like how you said that 95% of the people who know me said that I wouldn't have gotten that far if I didn't play Algol although 95% of the people there didn't know me. I played Nori and Agustin 1 time before this tournament and that was after I had not even touched a game period for 4 months. The only person who might have even maaaaybe given you a decent answer would probably be CW and that was because I trained with him in order to get him better and get my reaction time back to somewhere near where I was about 5 months ago.

I honestly feel that no matter which character I would have used I would have placed top 3. I honestly feel that only 2 people there would have given me trouble had I not used Algol and those people still gave me trouble anyway lol. If you still feel that way then put up some money and we can play and I'll beat you without Algol.

I have no problem with you stating your opinion BezBoy cuz that's what a forum is for. Let's just remember that before this tournament I did state in the thread that I would win this tournament and I ended up getting 2nd which isn't that bad, but not what I predicted. I wouldn't have said that if I really didn't think I had the SKILL to win. Gimicks don't win tournamnts. They might get you a few rounds or even a couple matches, but gimicks never win tournaments.

it's been suggested on other sites that we hold a Winter Mashfest in november... i'm looking for feedback sorry about that plasma i don't know who brought in the laggy plasma screen but it won't happen next time... if i get enough feedback we should be able to make it happen. Lemme know peace!

I like how you said that 95% of the people who know me said that I wouldn't have gotten that far if I didn't play Algol although 95% of the people there didn't know me. I played Nori and Agustin 1 time before this tournament and that was after I had not even touched a game period for 4 months. The only person who might have even maaaaybe given you a decent answer would probably be CW and that was because I trained with him in order to get him better and get my reaction time back to somewhere near where I was about 5 months ago.

I honestly feel that no matter which character I would have used I would have placed top 3. I honestly feel that only 2 people there would have given me trouble had I not used Algol and those people still gave me trouble anyway lol. If you still feel that way then put up some money and we can play and I'll beat you without Algol.

I have no problem with you stating your opinion BezBoy cuz that's what a forum is for. Let's just remember that before this tournament I did state in the thread that I would win this tournament and I ended up getting 2nd which isn't that bad, but not what I predicted. I wouldn't have said that if I really didn't think I had the SKILL to win. Gimicks don't win tournamnts. They might get you a few rounds or even a couple matches, but gimicks never win tournaments.

Not saying that you have no skill, you did get 2nd place. Never knocking your talent at this game at all. You werent at Noris after everything so you didnt hear what was being said. I said 95% so nobodys name would be out there. But yes it was said that you wouldn't have got that far people can back me up on that to. I never said you wouldnt have got that far never said that just said people said that. So stop thinking im talking shit to you like you gotta call me out on a MM thats fine, whats thats going to prove? Nothing at all since your people said themselves you would have never gotten that far if it wasnt for Algol. Read carefully before you reply to this, cause we keep going in circles about this

it's been suggested on other sites that we hold a Winter Mashfest in november... i'm looking for feedback sorry about that plasma i don't know who brought in the laggy plasma screen but it won't happen next time... if i get enough feedback we should be able to make it happen. Lemme know peace!

I would suggest like sometime in October Rob. I thought Houston was suppose to throw something in November and I know Dallas is in December. Besides, now until November is too long of a drought for a tournament imo. AND, we should hold it in Austin because Austin is central for EVERYONE!

I would suggest like sometime in October Rob. I thought Houston was suppose to throw something in November and I know Dallas is in December. ... AND, we should hold it in Austin because Austin is central for EVERYONE!

I agree with everything in this post... It would be great to get back to the days when we had a Texas tourney in one of the major cities every month.

On a general note, I'm very glad to see this resurrgence in the TX community... Would have been nice to have this BEFORE evo/nats... but hey it is what it is :-)... Next Evo we can rep even harder if we stay on it.

- I.C.E.

P.S. Everyone get your Tekken game up too...

You guys need to have more events in Dallas as the Tulsa crew is getting harder to assemble due to jobs/school!

GO GO DALLAS EVENTS!

Rob: Sean texted me how great the tournament was ran and he was really impressed w/me. Naturally, I told him you were a huge part of it and he wants to set up a meeting to talk to this guy who might be a sponsor. I'll call you so we can go to that meeting together. So hold off on planning the winter mashfest until we can figure out possibly REALLY good prizes and draw even more people.

sounds good let me know make sure the meeting is after 4 friday saturday or sunday i'm starting school again so mon-thurs are booked solid

Rob: Sean texted me how great the tournament was ran and he was really impressed w/me. Naturally, I told him you were a huge part of it and he wants to set up a meeting to talk to this guy who might be a sponsor. I'll call you so we can go to that meeting together. So hold off on planning the winter mashfest until we can figure out possibly REALLY good prizes and draw even more people.

Nice! Keep them coming. After watching some vids of the event and reading up on some of my character strats, my feeling have changed about the game dieing. I think it will last atleast one more Evo and maybe even longer. But for it to Die when T6 comes out. I doubt that.

Tekken's new "bound" thing will keep people playing SC. IMO.

yeeaahh.....been like 2 days since the tournament & im jus now writing my congrats & shoutouts 2 ppl. lol may seem kinda off, but i been tired & a lil lazy 2 write all this stuff. anyways.....
-NORI, id like 2 say congratulations on ur win man. i hav no idea how u pulled off that win against Algol, but ur step-up skills against Whodat was pretty amazing. nice job. & yeah, thx 4 the hospitality u showed the Houston crew at the bar & at ur place afterwards. was fun times man.
-WHODAT, tough break in the championship match. i dont care wat everyone else says, but i was lovin that Algol of urs. When i do get the game (whenever that happens lol), thats gonna b my next solid character 2 learn. ill gladly take the boos as well lol. so yeah man, watch out 4 my Algol in the future ;)
-AUGUSTIN, u & i both know u werent playin ur best. so yeah, lets c sum of ur nastiness next time dude. i know ur gonna bring that triple-A game of urs. but im gonna do my best 2 always b ready 4 u the next times we ever meet. u r a cool guy tho & i do know u r a great player. much respect man.
-CHICKENWING, once again congrats on the birth of ur child & it was cool finally gettin a chance 2 hang out w/ya after the tournament. the las few times yall had 2 leave immediately. lol i was luvin ur tournament name, "SOME BLACK GUY". that shit was pretty funny. u should probably ditch CW & keep SOME BLACK GUY as ur new name lol.
-KPC, very nice Siegfried man. u beat me fair & square...but watch out, i still consider myself a noob at this game lol. seriously tho, u did a nice job sir. sux tho that u & Whodat couldnt hang out aftert the tourny. maybe next time. by the way, ur Maxi is trash.........haha u know im messin w/u dude.
-NACHO & JODY, it was nice meetin the both of yall. 2 bad we didnt get 2 play each other tho...maybe next time. Nacho, ur 1 funny mother fucker man.
-ICE, u as well know ur better than the way u played on Saturday. next time im sure ur gonna bring a beast of a Siegfried. cuz i did catch u w/sum Nighty bullshit :p but like I said earlier, i will always try & keep training for the next times we do meet. but yeah, ur a cool dude as well. till next time.
-FUNK, it was nice meetin u. ur Yoshi is pretty crazy man. u probably woulda beat me in the tourny, so im gonna hav 2 do wat i can 2 prepare myself w/BboyTekken's Yoshi 4 the next time we meet. nice skills tho.
-LORD CHAMPION, it was nice meetin u as well. we never got a chance 2 even play each other, but still had fun smokin & bullshittin w/ya at Nori's. by the way, those Turkish Gold's were pretty nice...im gonna hav 2 get sum lol.
-CNP, nice meetin u man. that Voldo was pretty cheesy & awesome at the same time. i was lovin it lol. keep doin wat u do. im sure u can get even crazier w/that Voldo of urs. im gonna do my best 2 learn wat Voldo can do so u dont spank me the next time we meet.
-BATOUSAI, it was great seein u again. playin soul calibur jus doesnt feel rite if i don hear ur voice in the background talkin sum sort of shit (whether its directed at me or sumone else). made me feel like i was back at U of H game nites again & kinda put me at ease lol. now u hav 2 talk 2 Zor if u can cuz he aint answerin nothin at all. & yeah, it was cool hangin out w/ya after the tourny over at Nori's place. let us know whenever ur vistin H-Town.
-GEMINI KNIGHT, nice meetin u dude. much thx & respect 4 ur services in our armed forces (& yeah, SAME GOES 2 YALL AS WELL "WHODAT" & "KPC"). i had always heard ur famous voice commenting on them youtube vids, so it was kinda cool 2 hear ur commentary on 1 of my matches (even tho i lost...o well). so when r the vids u recorded gonna b on youtube?
-BBOY, nice matches man. thought u were gonna lose 2 Brandon, but u stepped ur game up. nice fuckin job man. but not nice fuckin job on gettin us lost all the time lol. i think were jus gonna hav 2 Mapquest it next time & not let u get/giv directions either. dont b mad ;)
-CAKATK, i think ur good man on enterin the next tourny. im def. likin ur Cervy now. its 2 bad we dont hav the game, otherwise we would b better. we should all get that ziegen sumtime. i know that shit will b crazy lol.
-BEZ, i was likin ur tourny matches. u were confident w/ur style & stuck w/it. was luvin how u were dancin around ppl at times w/that X of urs. nice job...keep at it man. 2 bad Nori was lame & didnt let us school all of Texas at "Twister" & "Red Rover". We gotta find ppl that run tournaments 4 that shit.
-JD, u & i both know that u r a better player...simple as that. remember, u hav kicked my ass lots of times. dont worry at all. & like i told u earlier, i don want 2 sound like a d-bag tryin 2 talk down 2 u...not my style; but i been there. wat u need 2 do is stay up playa. if it makes u feel better, u could probably kick everyones ass from the tourny in the octagon u MMA beast-ass mother fucker...much fuckin respect.
-C-MONEY, i was likin ur style as well. ur Cassy keeps gettin better & better. remember wat i told u man...u know wat im talkin about. but yeah, im gonna hav 2 show u sum of the european metal i like...IMO, its better than most of the U.S. stuff.
-KING ACE, it was fun hangin w/u man. i really didnt get 2 c any of ur matches tho. but i do know wat u did wrong in the tournament. u didnt implement any voodoo watsoever lol. next time tho, next time...
-XERO, u should practice w/us a lil more. ill b honest, that very 1st time i played u; u scared me w/that Voldo of urs. but i dont blame u on not wanting 2 play competitively...it can b pretty intense. its like the matrix...u can either take the blue pill or the red pill lol. but daam, that jamaican shit was pretty nasty now when i think about it haha.
-THE LAST_CLAP, im liking the name lol. had fun hangin w/ya during the trip. keep workin on that Siegy man. i know u got sum skills cuz i thot u were pretty good that 1st nite i played u. u should get the game as well. pretty soon u will b clappin it up.
-PASADENA CREW, i enjoyed chillin & drinkin w/u guys. i feel we represented the houston area pretty good. all of us can get even better tho. pretty soon well b clappin it up pretty dam good lol. let me know the next time yall r playin. till next time............peace :sc2nm1:

Uhh im not good at these things.

San Antonio - Grats Nori on a win. EVEN I HAVE WON A TOURNAMENT LAWL LAWL. Welcome to the winners club.
CW grats on your daughter, i would like to meet her next time Im in SA.
Augustine - Flibbidy Flabbidy Floo.
Whodat - GGs mate, im pretty sure you would have beaten me if we met a second time. My scrub unblockable tactics dont work twice.
KPc - though we didnt play it was nice to meet you.
GK - Nice to play you again! Youve finally been able to practice and it showed! good shit mang.
Rob - I swear to god this is the last time I'll lose to you in a tourney. Im coming for you next time.

Pasadena/Houston - THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOU COMING. Im glad that you all made it cus it woulda been a bitch for the one who didn't. Keep up the practice - your scene is strong. All of you have gotten way better since that one time chrisgold, dallaz, and I went down there. Angel you are a fun drunk.

Austin - Nice shootin the shit with Ol' Man Brandon. J/k. Hopefully you return strong with the force.
Jim - even though you didn't come and prolly wont read this - "You fuckin scrub"!

Uhh i hope i didnt forget anyone.

i like the way that sounds!! sounds like a plan... and he just called some of yall out 2! anybody else wanna play for money all in good sport and fun :)

Im a little late on the shout outs but good shit to San Antonio and Dallas. The Finals between Nori and Whodat was really really fucking intense. It was hard to tell who was gonna come out on top but i give my props to nori.

I learned a lot from playing and watching yall and i'll prepare better next time.

P.s. Dam you ice for beating me while you were on the phone at noris!!! Lol Good shit man. I learned a lot from playing you and cant wait for the next time we meet.

hating in somebody for using a character you dont know how to fight = weak sauce

nice job whodat.

NORI YAY! PIRATE

hating in somebody for using a character you dont know how to fight = weak sauce

nice job whodat.

NORI YAY! PIRATE

JOP!

Bring your sexy ass/Algol to the next tournament!

P. S.
I would have cheered for your Algol over nori!

heh i might come out to one in the near future. i just gotta get myself to play for 10 minutes

Back