Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Hwang

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Taki

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Xianghua

Votes: 8 8.5%

• Total voters
^Don't turn this into a flame war about SCV, please.

Anyways, Trace, your drawing is awesome. I'm very jealous. XD

As for my vote, Talim please! :) Suggestions for Cass... Don't use SCIV as a reference for her face.

Fanboys
pfft1.gif

Lmao yeah that might put a little damper in the hiring department. Still that's freakin hilarious haha.

Regardless, even if you don't work for Project Soul, there's plenty of other companies that I'm sure will fall in love with your style. It's gorgeous.

Quick question, I'm learning how to draw digitally and I was wondering if Sai really that different from photoshop coloring wise. So far I'm still learning about photoshop and I only know the basics so I'm curious. Haha. And how do you put textures on your fabric in photoshop? Sorry for the sudden questions btw. I'm full of them ^^;

Thanks a lot ^^

Sai is more easy and intuitive than photoshop, also it has an option for the colours to mix automatically, for example if you put red above blue it will become purple, you can adjust this lvl too depending what do you want, also the airbrush is very easy to use.

Photoshop is more profesional but you have to know how to use it properly, is important otherwise you´ll probably make a shit xD
---------------------------------------------------
For the ones who asked when you´ll see another character, I´ll do Cassandra next, I already have the costume designed, but I´m taking this easy, I do this because I want, and have a lot of things to do of my stuides etc, so...

Also I want to say the pool will close in less than a month, so please share this thread to your 8wayrun friends and everything so they can vote ;)

Man Cassandra looks simply too cool, is simply too well done, I can really she wearing this, so.....I am lost for words.

(No Sophie option, oh well think we do have Elysium.)

Awesome work Trace. The white and blue harmonies perfectly .

Just curious, how much time you spent doing the sketch.

Like 1 hour as maximum, since the first pose was simple it didn´t taked me much, to design the clothes was harder X__X

I tried to show a more mature Cassandra that has been trained by edgemaster and that´s why I focused on blue, yellow, brown and white as main colours, that are edgemaster´s colors.

But I´m not very happy with the weapons, I would have liked to add her SC2 Weapon, fits her more with the costume since she hasn´t anything pink in her outfit.

Like 1 hour as maximum, since the first pose was simple it didn´t taked me much, to design the clothes was harder X__X

I tried to show a more mature Cassandra that has been trained by edgemaster and that´s why I focused on blue, yellow, brown and white as main colours, that are edgemaster´s colors.

But I´m not very happy with the weapons, I would have liked to add her SC2 Weapon, fits her more with the costume since she hasn´t anything pink in her outfit.
Just my humble opinion, this one would work fine, don't you think? (The weapon)
2p_001.jpg

You mean if I used references? I didn´t, the pose was a lot different in the begining, you´ll see, I did a video

cassie4.jpg
I see. These drawings are very high quality. The glitter effect (if that's what it is) on Setsuka's dress is great. I love looking at character art much more than the 3D game versions. I remember when you could unlock character art in SC2. I always felt that it was so rewarding. I used to love to look at that stuff.

But on another note, you should do commissions. Us die-hard Calibur fans would love to have some unique avatars of our favorite characters. And I was gonna ask you if you have a deviantart page, but I already found it! VERY good stuff! http://tracetincin.deviantart.com/art/Viola-SCV-portrait-291226841 And you say you're not a professional.

I see. These drawings are very high quality. The glitter effect (if that's what it is) on Setsuka's dress is great. I love looking at character art much more than the 3D game versions. I remember when you could unlock character art in SC2. I always felt that it was so rewarding. I used to love to look at that stuff.

But on another note, you should do commissions. Us die-hard Calibur fans would love to have some unique avatars of our favorite characters. And I was gonna ask you if you have a deviantart page, but I already found it! VERY good stuff! http://tracetincin.deviantart.com/art/Viola-SCV-portrait-291226841 And you say you're not a professional.

Thanks haha, I do this in part for you all but this benefits me too, because I improve with this works.

Yeah I have DA, here it is :) but I don´t use to upload very often ;S http://tracetincin.deviantart.com/gallery/

That portrait you put is horrible, I don´ like it it´s really bad in my opinion xD you can see my beginings haha

This is my first deviantion, from december of 2009, see I think I´m improving xDD http://tracetincin.deviantart.com/a...47570442?q=gallery:tracetincin/11791035&qo=27

Pencil drawing!! ♥♥♥♥
Must tell myself to stop being lazy and pratice!!
I would love to be able to draw dresses and characters..

Any tips for a begainner??

Back