The New MMA Thread

Oh that shit is gonna be sick! I can see the hype already. But I see Lesnar taking it in the 2nd round at the latest. Everyone talks about how Carwin was a wrestler but I don't see him being able to stop Brock's takedown or getting up with him on top. As long as Brock doesn't do anything stupid like try to stand with him where Carwin can land something on his chin I'm pretty sure Brock has this.

As much as I'm gonna root for Carwin in this, I wish he had some more fights under his belt first. Right now, as big as he and his right hand are, he's still not close to Lesnar's freakish athleticism. Carwin moves about how a dude his size should move, Lesnar is just much faster than that. Not to mention both were wrestling champs, but Carwin was a D-II wrestling champ, while Brock was a D-I champ, although honestly I'm not sure how the separation of talent pans out, if it's similar to football/basketball or not. Neither fighter has striking technique that jumps out at you, they've just got fucking hamhock fists with dynamite strapped to them.

I'm hoping it'll be exciting, and one of those wrestler mirror matches where they just cancel each other out and duke it out in the standing game. There's certainly the potential for both a huge knockout, I just think Brock is still gonna be able to push him around, as crazy as that sounds for someone as big as Carwin.

I really REALLY hope I'm wrong about that, btw.

I'm with you. Personally I'm not the biggest Brock fan. He comes off as a complete ass. But you have to respect his size and athletic ability. If Carwin does neutralize his wrestling I really do see him knocking Brock out as long as he doesn't get caught himself(we all saw that Gonzaga had him rocked and probably would've won that match if he didn't clinch). Either way, just another UFC that I won't be missing. (Not that I miss any of them)

this one could go either way, but it's hard to not favor lesnar. that said, here's to hoping carwin lays his ass out with a 5XL deathfist

I hate watching Chuck "Backdash" Liddell.

God damn...

ANYWHO that is neither here nor there so let's get straight to the point: Fedor + Rogers = good times!

I can't wait to see Fedor again in the ring.

Thoughts on 102? Randy's chin looks like it's worn out but that could've just shown that Nog's been working on his punching power, Jardine needs to be relegated to the gatekeeper role and left there, that new boy looks like he's gonna be a beast for the future and I'm not even counting the 7 second knockout of some jabroni, and Marquardt I believe would be champ of his division if it wasn't for Silva or Hendo. Those two boys move up he'll have the belt but other than that he's stuck out.

Entertaining PPV. The 7 second KO kid was huge and he's my age. Hard work, I guess.

Didn't see Couture going over Nog anyway, but Couture's a class act. Jardine never stood a chance as expected. T. Silva is a monster.

Most shocking part is (iirc) Chris Leben having Condom Depot on his ass. Something was just wrong there.

Maia vs Nate the Great.
fuck. :/ what the fuck was Maia thinking? why stand up and throw anything at all?
and why the fuck throw a high kick, leaving his chin out there?

good event over all tho. Gonzaga is a cheap fuck. Big Nog is the man, and Thiago Silva is a mean motherfucker.
btw, BAN INSIDE LEG-KICKS! DO IT!

Gonzaga is a cheap fuck.

That shit was so intentional lol, what a douche. Nutshot to headkick ftw.

And if they ban inside leg kicks, they need to bring in soccer kicks like the international rules allow for. Or at least let them knee someone in the head for all these shitty shot attempts.

That shit was so intentional lol, what a douche. Nutshot to headkick ftw.

And if they ban inside leg kicks, they need to bring in soccer kicks like the international rules allow for. Or at least let them knee someone in the head for all these shitty shot attempts.

i agree about soccer kicks. you can knee ppl to the dome but they can't be on the ground or on their knees. they have to be standing. regardless should be able to do that as well.

Back