The New MMA Thread

Smithy

[08] Mercenary
well, caliburforum is dead, so let's continue the discussion here, shall we? speaking of things that are dead, pro elite and elitexc folded the other day. that means no more gary shaw, no more jared "skala" shaw, no more bill goldberg, and no more company built around the biggest fraud in mma history, kimbo slice. thoughts?

Hopefully some of the talent will make it's way into the UFC or Pride so we can still enjoy watching them fight.

Kimbo just had too much hype, too many fukwads trying get rich off his notoriety. When you have that much riding on a fight, like eliteXC did, you're taking a huge risk considering a fight can end with a wayward elbow cut over the eye or any number of things that aren't really attributed to skill. Kinda like what happened to Kimbo...lulz

Cool, an MMA thread. I wanted to start a sports thread to ask this question but I guess I can ask here:

Does anyone actually practice MMA? I did a lot last year but I have cut down due to an annoying hip injury. I got to admit it's one of the tougher forms of martial arts to master. VERY DEMANDING!

I'm hoping that EXC failing will trigger WEC to pick up some female fighters. I think Gina took fight of the night both times her fights were aired on CBS, and it'd be nice not to see her and women's MMA as a whole fade into obscurity.

miguel torres and manny tapia will prolly be the best fight of the year...
although the lesnar, couture fight will be decent i guess i see lesnar just running over couture
elite xc most of their fights blow anyway but carano always has weight issues
like to see here and kedzie go back at it hopefully in bikinis next time :)

am i they only one who thinks ufc is gay as hell? really who watches this shit?

some things i hate about my country:
1. george bush
2. ufc
3. $60 affliction t-shirts
4. anyone who wears #3
5. bars that show ufc
6. douche bags who are "going out" for ufc--see also #4
7. kid rock
i could keep going all day.

jake shields, eddie alvarez and antonio silva are the top 3 guys from elitexc who i want to see in the ufc. as far as women's mma goes, dana white has stated many a time that he's not a fan, so you won't be seeing it in the ufc or wec any time soon.

They could use Antonio Silva and maybe even Brett Rogers (he can just keep talkin shit about Kimbo, that'll sell lol) in UFC just because the HW division is so lacking. Jake Shields has ZERO standup game, he's gonna get worked in the UFC. Robbie Lawler was another name brought up, but I think he already had one unsuccessful stint in the UFC.

They should also sign Kimbo Slice, but just to set up a Kimbo dunking booth on the side for the kids.

i was more entertained by that anderson silva fight than i have been by any of his other fights. i don't get the criticism. i guess people just want to see someone get knocked out

any1 gonna be watching the wec later?
im calling
faber over brown
sonnen over filho
rosholt over osterneck
dont know on the mccullough fight hopefully cowboy will win

dana white on elite xc....
i agree though kimblo slice has always sucked

Nuff said.

Bimbo slice is a joke, nothing but a draw. These idiots go online, see that he beats up overweight nobodies, and thinks hes a good fighter. No, hes not good.

In fact, i want dana to give him a contract, and feed him to the heavyweight division to show people how much of a joke Bimbo really is.

lol @ youtubers saying Bimbo could beat Lesnar.

Back