The Ring Out Thread

What do you think about ring outs?

• Total voters
I wonder what people think of infinite stages, where there are no walls or rings outs...

Last edited:
Ring outs are cheap, yes, and that's why I love them lol
Of course you can get mad if you almost are going to do a perfect and then the opponent suddenly RO you... But now, imagine you being the guy who are going to lose by a perfect, and then RO your opponent, how do you feel?
Ring outs are great because they make the battles less linear as they offer another way to win.

Last edited:
I prefer stages with ring out opportunities to no ring out ops. Back in SC4 I used to let people wail at me and play defensively and wait through their mindless strings, grab a little, attack a little, then use that one perfect moment they let their guard down to switch up the positions and ring out. It is a difficult but fun way to play. Gotta do a lot of guess work.

I prefer stages with ring out opportunities to no ring out ops. Back in SC4 I used to let people wail at me and play defensively and wait through their mindless strings, grab a little, attack a little, then use that one perfect moment they let their guard down to switch up the positions and ring out. It is a difficult but fun way to play. Gotta do a lot of guess work.

I used to do that and try to troll with Sieg's overtoss move, but sometimes I'd quick crouch to attempt the move and get launched out of the ring by my opponent then they'd teabag at the edge of the arena...... =PPPP "Damnit!!"

lol. That's called teabagging is it? I always wondered.

My ring outs were never quite so obvious or so I thought. I never ran into many other Talim players who played hard for ring out and used all the left side, right side, front, and from behind ring out moves! Usually I won 2 of my 3 points per round from ring outs.

lol. That's called teabagging is it? I always wondered.

My ring outs were never quite so obvious or so I thought. I never ran into many other Talim players who played hard for ring out and used all the left side, right side, front, and from behind ring out moves! Usually I won 2 of my 3 points per round from ring outs.

I only dislike ring outs when I do a 5 round fight against an opponent, get a perfect, and lose all 3 rounds by a ring out (especially if they're doing it on purpose like back stepping away to the edge in a last ditch effort for some RO mix-up.)

Ring outs were more deadly in SC4 because 1) you had Hilde, the ring out queen! And 2) the lag was worse on SC4 so it made it tough to react to crouching / rising attacks that launched you over their head... ><;

Last edited:
I don't want to be rude, but I would like to hear good reasons on why ring outs are cheap. It has to be better than being about one character's ability.

Yep. I have always viewed ring outs as being a good way to balance a character. Talim for example lacks damage in sc4 compared to most others, but she excels at ring outs. Yes she has some great combos and good ways to deliver damage, but they are not as easy as other characters methods nor are they as reliable or long ranged.

I don't want to be rude, but I would like to hear good reasons on why ring outs are cheap. It has to be better than being about one character's ability.
It's common sense actually. If you got rung out after all your hard work, you'd feel irritated. If you get rung out constantly because your opponent suckered you, you'd also feel irritated. Certain people feel the fights should be one on one with no "desperate" tactic like ring-outs when you see a chance. When everyone does it, those people who refuse to adapt and play around it call it cheap. Hence that would make him/her a scrub.

Personally, I use it so I can win if I see an opportunity. So shouldn't my opponent do the same? As long as it's not some hack outside the game to make you invincible to help you win, nothing is cheap.

Blah... Blah... blah..

"If you fell for it, than it's your fault."

"Nothing is broken outside of directly modding the game."

"Using mechanics the developers put in the game is not cheating!"

"If I have a chance to ring you out, I will, and my opponent will do the same!"

^ These things have been said literally 100 times over... We, get, it, already. =P

Blah... Blah... blah..

"If you fell for it, than it's your fault."

"Nothing is broken outside of directly modding the game."

"Using mechanics the developers put in the game is not cheating!"

"If I have a chance to ring you out, I will, and my opponent will do the same!"

^ These things have been said literally 100 times over... We, get, it, already. =P

So... is it time to ice this thread? :( Maybe we can find more amusing Ring Out videos.

Back