There were no "Good old days". SC Changes (often and drastically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1)
I thought the point of this thread was to shatter the myth that there is an unchanging core SC engine that this particular iteration somehow departed from.
Meterless GI was an unchanging aspect of SC, regardless of it's slight differences from game to game. The input for it always involved G+direction. Now it's 4A+B+K

CE's may have existed in the past, but BE's are new.

Grabs are now horizontal. I can't speak for games prior to sc2 (I never played them), but sc2-4 had grabs that could be stepped.

JG is brand new. Completely and utterly brand new.

Guard crush is also brand new. Sure, sc4 had the CF system with guard meter, but it's so different now that you can't argue it's the same thing.

Clean hit mechanic is also new.

Given all this, how can you NOT say that this iteration has gone through more drastic changes than any other entry? This game most certainly did depart from it's "classic" mechanics.

It's impossible to turn subjective taste into an objective argument.

Then why are you trying to do just that? "Opinions don't really matter in arguments, but here's mine and it's right so shut up and agree with my opinion." If you didn't just want to feel like you've "won" an argument, why else would you post that?

Facepalm. Seriously?

I'm not trying to convince anyone sc5 is trash, all I'm trying to do is get people to realize that others have damn good reason for hating it and they shouldn't be chastised for it.

No one said you don't have a right to your opinion. It's that you don't have the right to have your opinion treated like it's fact. Can't deal with people disagreeing with your opinion? Keep it to yourself. If you don't just want people to agree with your opinion, why do you keep on posting it and demanding everyone agree with it?

I never thought this day would come. But I feel a need to stick up for Damn-i-suck:

Wandrian. Ive read his last handful of posts in this thread over and over again. I dont get that message that you are getting from him. Why do you insist on arguing. At this point your no better than the rest of the jerkfaces around here.

Solutions is what we need. enough of this fuckin pointing fingers shit. Opinions are like assholes. EVERYONE has one, and they ALL stink. Deal with it homes.

Can't deal with people disagreeing with your opinion? Keep it to yourself.

Sorry I can't agree with that. There could always be some decent argument, let's say you don't agree with me saying that JG is a great addition, I can then reply and ask you why and engage in a conversation, I don't have to keep it to myself, after all, if no one responds to disagreement, then this wouldn't be a forum.

Facepalm. Seriously?

I'm not trying to convince anyone sc5 is trash, all I'm trying to do is get people to realize that others have damn good reason for hating it and they shouldn't be chastised for it.
I think they may be getting chastised for expressing their hate in a place of enthusiasts. Not that this place is or should be as harsh as a Harley-Davidson club but... try going into one of those and telling people Harley's suck. So, maybe it's not their opinion...but where they express it. Go to a Country Club and talk about how much you hate golf. You have to expect some push back. Nothing personal.

(It's entirely possible I missed the gist of the point you were trying to make. If so, disregard my lunacy. I didn't get much sleep last night.)

Sorry I can't agree with that. There could always be some decent argument, let's say you don't agree with me saying that JG is a great addition, I can then reply and ask you why and engage in a conversation, I don't have to keep it to myself, after all, if no one responds to disagreement, then this wouldn't be a forum.
Exactly. You can have a debate while being respectful and civil. One must be mature enough to understand such things.

But then again, internets LOLZ.

Like minded people like to get together, and discuss things. It's only natural. In this case, defectors of Sc5 were looking for other like-minded people to talk about it. I don't see the problem in this. If you don't like the posts, ignore them.

Those same like-minded people have a nasty habit of using 'we' instead of 'I', posting misinformation as the basis of those opinions, and forgetting that 'I think' is not the same as 'it is'. In all 3 of those are tough to ignore.

The location is also questionable.

Sorry. My tone may have added to the problem and that wasn't my intent. It's easier than I thought to come across as an ass hole. I hope it didn't detract from my overall point. But if it did, that's kind of the crux of the problem in my opinion. Ironically, I may have just made myself an example of the kind of attitudes that muck up a conversation. Awkward...

"How to Tame a Viola" - LOL! I'm pretty sure the thread speaks for itself. It's seems to me that LP and the like have enough patience to let twan kind of hang him/herself. If twan sticks around a while she'll (said something about a boyfriend so I'm assuming) probably look back and feel kind of silly one day. I think it's awesome that LP's going to take the time out to play twan. That's kind of above and beyond his duty isn't it?
Twan is a dude.

Man I'm glad I was having delerious fever dreams all day or otherwise I would've witnessed basically what I knew would happen.

1) riled up people get told whats up

2) people assume issue is done and leave

3) those who remain get loud and start talking out their ass about opinions

4) the point is missed

People wonder how I can be so judgemental, well here goes:

The point of this thread was pretty fucking obvious, as I stated it in the original OP. From there, when people want to tell me NUH UH SC5 IS SO DIFFERENT, I'm FORCED to draw the conclusion that people did not play the previous SC's in depth enough to know the difference. Therefore I'm forced to draw the conclusion that their opinions on anything related to gameplay in the slightest are under-informed and extremely lacking.

I don't trust soccer moms who tell auto mechanics how to do their jobs. "The lights worked yesterday, it rained, and now they don't. It was clearly the rain." is the kind of logic I see from people complaining. If you cannot understand how that is offensive and incenses a person, you need to check yourself. Also, I will say this, again. Opinions can't be "wrong", but they can be ignorant.

Now, the 4 of you who learned the lesson, good job.

The 8 if you who all like each others posts and have stupid anime avatars, carry on too.

So if SC5 can be considered "guilty" of anything, it's having it's changes out on the surface rather than underneath the hood. Otherwise, it's not really too drastic a departure as far as I am concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back