Tira General Discussion / Q&A

Seems like more work than it's worth.. lol

Am I the only one who thinks that the Japanese Tira's voice actress's JS CE phrase sounds like she's saying "EVIL TIME!"

The Ivy MU has been plaguing me a lot as well. I can't really do much to her in JS without her tech steps and spacing out right murdering me. The one thing in JS that I find works well against her are 661B and 662K. Aside from that I generally rush Ivy down in GS and block low a lot since up close I find a lot of Ivy players do that sweeping kick which is wrB punishable. I'm also a bit reckless with my UD so I usually do regular ones and then an empty one to close the range.

Against Mitsu, I find it better to space against him personally. Look out for is 8WR stuff since those tend to have the most range. In JS I either try to space and get into GS as soon as I can or I just poke him and wait for him to come to me. His strongest mixups come from really close range and you can react to 2KB as long as you stay calm under his pressure (easier said than done, I admit). I tried going toe-to-toe with Mitsurugi in his face and wound up getting out framed a lot, so I stick to either his tip 2KB range or staying at my tip GS 6A range. Not sure if any of this will help, but this is what I've seen playing these two so far. Also, sorry about the other day, I didn't get your message until after you'd already signed off, SZ.

So I've been playing around with Tira more, and I'm starting to get a bit more confident with her. The thing is I still don't understand how to play her. I just go off of basics and I want to fight against someone who does know her. So is anyone interested in fighting my scrubby Tira?

So I've been playing around with Tira more, and I'm starting to get a bit more confident with her. The thing is I still don't understand how to play her. I just go off of basics and I want to fight against someone who does know her. So is anyone interested in fighting my scrubby Tira?
I'm also available to play. SZ, do you have time tonight/tomorrow morning?
Time all weekend, going to pick up GTA 5 today, but I'm more than willing to play Calibur

Crouching doesn't take any frames. Crouching then doing an attack takes 5 frames for both iFC and iWR. Perfect RCC also takes 5 frames.

Ok so let's start with Basic's on these MUs. JS 2A will trade with Ivy 3B and stop 236B, it has generally far reach, so it generally cant be backsteped or Tech backstepped, so the move can shut down Ivy's reverve Mixups IF YOU ARE AT ADVANTAGE(this was put here mainly in response of JS 2A use). Ivy 3B can only do her preferred combo on CH against MOST of the cast, and despite Tira being a fat fucking cow, I b even she remains safe from NH 3B ~6B8 combos. So just a general rule, dont mash against Ivy if you dont have advantage. Another thing you want to keep in is to play defensively, dont just randomly rush in, luckily GS has some tools to compete against Ivy in her preffered range and JS can Backstep into taunt to lure ivy in. When Ivy Knocks you on the ground i find it best to roll to her weak side, as her Mixups are reliant on you being standing to be effective (mainly due to her grabs being devestating) her mids on normal hit arent worth blocking most of the time, so ducking is also never a bad idea. On her grabs, iCS/CS and CE will be noticable from neutral, so if you see your opponent doing the scrub dance, just duck. Her normal grab range is quite pathetic, Calamity Symphony has 4x the range of her normal grab range, so if you become familiar with her grab range, just break B when she it is out of her standard grab range. Knowing your step killers in this MU is also important, Ivy's 3B does Tech crouch, but not for long, so highs are never a bad option for step killing (just remember it does have a tech backstep aswell). Her reliable is step catchers would be GS 6A, GS 4A, GS 1K, GS 3A(learn to CH confirm this), GS 66B BE, 662A is a bit slow, but it is also safe and meterless, it's a give and take. On JS try 3A, 66AA, 2A and 6A, standard AA is reliable in both stances but again learn when she can TC them and you should be good.

On Mitsu, Jesus christ I cannot compile every single tactic used to fight this guy so I'll just keep this to the basics. Learn his unsafe moves, http://8wayrun.com/threads/tira-punishment-list-and-discussion.11298/, I'm not going to go into sepcifics but that should cover all his unsafe moves. With Mixups, whenever he knocks you down roll to his left to weaken his mixups, he'll often be forced to 1A(reactable), 1B and 6B2(both have low damage). Another issue you'll find with him is his frame traps(aka move gets blocked into 2A or 4B), these can often be beaten by JS 66K and GS BB, mind you these are linear and there isnt some magical rule that states that mitsu isnt allowed to side step. You can also just backstep out of his frame traps to avoid general pressure.

Also Mitsu 2KB is NOT REACTABLE under any circumstance, unless you are a goddamn robot

Fuck you, she's not a fat cow like Elysium.
I think you missed the point I was trying Make, It being a fat cow refers to a character having a hurtbox built in such a way where few whiffing issues are present in combos connecting, which in Tira's case, even Elysium, fuck even Siegfried cause more whiffing issues among the game's combos

edited for clarity

I think you missed the point I was trying Make, It being a fat cow refers to a character having a hurtbox built in such a way where few whiffing issues are present in combos connecting, which in Tira's case, even Elysium, fuck even Siegfried cause more whiffing issues among the game's combos

edited for clarity
Stop trying to cover your ass with excuses.
I can't believe you.

There aren't any notes on Grim Reaper's health regeneration so I tested it myself because I've always wanted to know.
She regains 10hp up until she hits 10% health (this in an assumption, it could also change at 20hp, but I would think 10 percent would make more sense due to GUTS) or lower, at which point she regenerates 20 points of health.
If that could be added somewhere it would be nice. Kappa
Or just give me powers.

Back