Underrated Moves

yes, 8A+B... the jumping one lol it mindfucks everyone when up close
Holy moly, its like the right combination of making them hesitate about 2k and hit the guard over time and being safe against anyone what lacks an i11 attack.

Holy moly, its like the right combination of making them hesitate about 2k and hit the guard over time and being safe against anyone what lacks an i11 attack.
Ya, and the knockdown is untechable (i believe) so 66A+B is a force block... or you can just grab em

I will test for you, btw you reckon if we kept using 8a+b alot then switched to using 9B (the first hit looks like 9B) then we could try 9B > grab or 9B > 2A as a strategy. What you think?

I will test for you, btw you reckon if we kept using 8a+b alot then switched to using 9B (the first hit looks like 9B) then we could try 9B > grab or 9B > 2A as a strategy. What you think?
Oh fuck, I think we might be onto something here, see because IF the KND is untechable, that opens up a ton of other options... LIKE grabbing as they are getting up, 66A+Bing them as they roll, or 1K BEin them if they stay grounded... Zane likes this. Test this shit lol I have one more hour till I get home

Oh fuck, I think we might be onto something here, see because IF the KND is untechable, that opens up a ton of other options... LIKE grabbing as they are getting up, 66A+Bing them as they roll, or 1K BEin them if they stay grounded... Zane likes this. Test this shit lol I have one more hour till I get home
Yep 8a+b is a untechable knockdown.
8a+b > 66a+b = can be rolled either side or stand up and GI.
8a+b > 6 > grab = reaches opponent, without the step forward it doesnt.
8a+b > 1k be = can only be rolled to the side.
8a+b > 6 > = 2K beats everything expect left roll.
8a+b > 1B = beats everything apart from right roll.

at the wall 8a+b > 1K is a force block. 1k be is inconsistent tho
Turns out the second hit of 8a+b looks like 9B and not the first, but it still is hard to tell especially if they aint looking for it. If they are you could try 8G > 9B or kG > 9B. They may even start forgetting that 9B is like -4 and get mixed up with 8a+b that they might try AA punish it and you can duck and wrB :)

The problem with the moves you listed, and indeed any of the other moves players avoid using, is that naturally you wouldn't want to trade the chance of getting 66A+B or a grab on the opponent's face for moves that will not grant you much, if any, reward at all.

Example: if you're in range for 7K to hit, that means you're in range for a grab to hit. So, ideally you would instead go for a mix up that has a chance of rewarding you with damage, as opposed to a jumping kick that will particularly not reward you as much, if at all.

By the way @Fearal_Koholic, if you're playing online, we can get some games in. I'm always hyped to see what a new Zwei player has to offer. Add me: Zane_v101

I want to get rewarded in style points.

I think 8A+B might be a lot better then I thought.

-Beats down guard
-fairly safe (JG = -17)
-Catchs step to weak side
-Catchs tech
-If combined with (B+K)*, this move will lead into CE
-Good to use in Vortex mixups.
-Untechable Knd

Basically if this move hits, you are in control of what will happen next. If this move is blocked your good. If you Get JG'd your screwed, If you get GI'd its bad.

Overall this move is really good. The only drawbacks are that it is a little slow to come out, its stepable to the left.

Last edited:
Andy also

8A+B > (B+K)* is a possible. You have time to react or pressure after using it.

Egg what do you think of a potenial mindgame with 8a+b and 9b? or empty jump grab? of course this is when you have them still.
Also wonder what advantage we are at if only the second hit of 8a+b hits.

Reactions: Egg
@AndyrooxDS

Results are:

Tested vs Natsu WR K i14

Attempted 2A and was CH.
Was able to easily step WR K.

I feel like it is -6 ~ -3 but it puts them in crouch.

8A+B on block or 2nd hit and then follow with 8 or 9B makes sense.
8A+B onblock into 44A shoulw work as well. At least thats what the math is looking like.

@AndyrooxDS

Results are:

Tested vs Natsu WR K i14

Attempter 2A and was CH.
Was able to easily step WR K.

I feel like it is -6 ~ -3 but it puts them in crouch.
Thanks :) Dam disadvantage :( was hoping to get plus frames if they tried and failed JGing the second hit. But thats still good, we can still 6a+b, backstep, step etc

Thanks :) Dam disadvantage :( was hoping to get plus frames if they tried and failed JGing the second hit. But thats still good, we can still 6a+b, backstep, step etc

-3~-6 is a really good number still. This is a premo move for counter mixups.

8A+B 2nd hit > 8B
8A+B 2nd hit > 6A+B
8A+B 2nd hit > JG
8A+B 2nd hit > Step
8A+B 2nd hit > 66B+K - Since they are in FC they will have trouble escapeing, 2A will most likely win vs 66B+K but If was unable to test this to make sure.

I sure you understand the different counters and the reason for their uses in these situations.

22B.
It is -16 but the opponent has the second or the delayed second hit to think about. Which if it hits grants you a 1K* combo or tech trap possibilities.

Well first the this move has about the same forward range as 6A, so you have a nice vertical/horizontal mix up about this range.

Breaks in 13 and gives +2 on hit, you could go for a 2K or backstep. I would class this move as a good poking option at range.

Alright, been testing out some things with ZWEI, and a lot of his power moves are going to get punished by certain characters all day, so what I've been trying lately is to play a safer, Einless ZWEI, for the most part at least, I've been sticking to very basic moves to just poke around until I can get the meter to go on the offensive.

Simple BB/(B), AA (never (A)), 2K, aside from being linear, I find this to be a good poke, B+K, 66A+B, 66B to catch backstep, and be VERY careful with 6A and I would only recommend using it if you're making a hard read (shut up) and know your opponent likes to step after certain moves. I've been playing as basic as possible lately until I get the meter to get the B+K BE games, 1K BE, etc. You can never go wrong with pokes. I'll keep testing some stuff out with Snort and Moose to see what the best way to play him is.

Last edited:
Alright, been testing out some things with ZWEI, and a lot of his power moves are going to get punished by certain characters all day, so what I've been trying lately is to play a safer, Einless ZWEI, for the most part at least, I've been sticking to very basic moves to just poke around until I can get the meter to go on the offensive.

Simple BB/(B), AA (never (A)), 2K, aside from being linear, I find this to be a good poke, B+K, 66A+B, 66B to catch backstep, and be VERY careful with 6A and I would only recommend using it if you're making a hard read (shut up) and know your opponent likes to step after certain moves. I've been playing as basic as possible lately until I get the meter to get the B+K BE games, 1K BE, etc. You can never go wrong with pokes. I'll keep testing some stuff out with Snort and Moose to see what the best way to play him is.
9B, 6B, 2A aswell

Back