Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I've some much more testing on the subject, and what I say is going to be crazy, hold on...

2B+K(BE) is GUARANTEED after 66B no matter what opponent does. Tested on Pyrrha, Mitsu, Tira, Xian, aPat. With perfect execution (basically a JF, quite hard one if you ask me) it works just fine, with a 1-2frame delay orb still hits, but when they already stand, netting no combo. This is true for side ukemis, front and back work with no effort. Tested for all ukemis and rolls.

Unless someone proves me wrong somehow, I think it's a great discovery!

holy fuck. It works. Its character dependent though, doesnt work on ZWEI (or is super hard vs him).
on a side note, combo from my previous post works as a legitimate non-character dependent 114 dmg wall combo if we get 66B W!

I actually thought this was known (So, sorry for not posting earlier I guess!), in the earlier pre patch combo testing, I was using 66B->2B+K BE resets.

It was techable back then, and new 66B made it guaranteed, but tight in timing.

Still not too useful in a straight up combo because 2A+B and 6A+B KNDs are easier to 2B+K BE from, and 66B is good for the ender. 66B->2B+K BE as a combo starter might be more useful, but tbh I'd almost rather just 66A+BB for meterless damage.

can someone test 2B+K BE x2 im consoleless atm, if done right it will create an easy chance for aab combo etc, then do AAB, 2A+B 2B+KBE 66B 6+B
Or
you could 2B+Kbe 66B 2B+Kbe to AAB etc

It'd be great if 6AB wasnt Aerial Controllable after the hit. (But thats asking for a bit much huh xD)
I managed to maximize 150 DMG with only 3 bars.

4aBE 33B AAB 6AB b+kBE 2A+B 2b+kBE B+K 66B 66A+BB
(Yes people... now flame me about how much of a bad idea this is.)

I saw a video of 33B comboing into 6AB BE and it was said that even with aerial control, it was inescapable. It's was a pre-patch video though, it may be have been removed (they fixed some of the linear moves combing into each other).

But I'm sure you can get pretty close to 150 dmg with something like 44A BE 6B+K (on the second orb hit) 6B 3B AAB 6A+B (slight charge) 2B+K BE AAB 6A+B 2B+K BE B+K 66B 66A+BB.

Sorry if this combo has already been posted. Just did one that i found out. Mid screen Orb Set combo, uses 2 full bars and does 214-217 damage depending on counter or normal hit and works for both. Can wall splat for more damage and has good ring out potential. Leaves you with orb.

Set 6B+K, 3A, B+K BE, 6A+B (slight charge), 2B+K BE, 44A BE, 2K during hits, 2B+K BE, run up AAB, 66B 66A+BB.

Tbh I think that combos starting with a BE should be noted.

SET 66B 2B+K(BE) ...
SET 4B 2B+K(BE) ...
CH SET WSB 2B+K(BE) ...

I'd much rather spend meter on these than to extend a combo that is already over 100dmg.

Also, can someone test the following?
ORB long range 3B, 6A+B, 66A+BB

I think the last part traps, but not sure.

just wondering do you guys know about, 66K BE full charge on hit has a bounce kinda quality, you land 66b straight after and continue with 2B+K BE etc

Back