Viola General Discussion / Q&A

Note that it is character specific, I think. It hits on large characters only. You can simply use B instead of 66A. It works for all and deals almost, if not the same, damage and it is a lot easier. Some say it can be air controlled to the left though; I haven't tested it.
thanks ill try it in training

It should work on all characters. You just have to input the 66A after 6B+K really fast. It's almost kind of like 666 inputs that Voldo and Tira have.

I think the timing is different for each character on B instead off 66A but i found out that your could replace it for K. I dont know if it could be air controlled though?

When i end my combos with 66B 66A+B they always roll out of 66A+B I think im doing it too late? is there a specific way to do it?

1) is there any good reason to do 6K after SET A+G? the only thing i've been able to do is maybe get a mix-up, but it's usually unsuccessful.

2) when is a good time (if ever) to use 4B+K? i get the aGI a lot but after the twirl, it seems to take forever for the orb to return/go out. i've often landed the aGI but before the orb does its thing, i get hit because the opponent recovered too fast.

3) and what are some good applications to 66K(BE) and A+B(BE)? i can't really see them being useful in combos (compared to other options) so i just use them when i think the opponent isn't familiar with them.

thanks for any and all responses. i kinda hit a wall with Viola and i'm trying to figure out some new tricks to use.

1) is there any good reason to do 6K after SET A+G? the only thing i've been able to do is maybe get a mix-up, but it's usually unsuccessful.

2) when is a good time (if ever) to use 4B+K? i get the aGI a lot but after the twirl, it seems to take forever for the orb to return/go out. i've often landed the aGI but before the orb does its thing, i get hit because the opponent recovered too fast.

3) and what are some good applications to 66K(BE) and A+B(BE)? i can't really see them being useful in combos (compared to other options) so i just use them when i think the opponent isn't familiar with them.

thanks for any and all responses. i kinda hit a wall with Viola and i'm trying to figure out some new tricks to use.
For your 2nd question i think you should use it when you know its gonna work. although the animation for the orb does take a little bit of time, you can throw or 2K (thats what i do) or if your with orb and she sets it, and the opponent doesnt react fast enough, you can try for a 3B
For your third question, i almost never use 66k BE and A+B BE
(Note this is just what i think)

1. After SET 6B+K it's best to use 8A+B. It is guarenteed, has better damage, and better RO possibility than 6K.

2. 4B+K is Viola's aGI against VERTICALS. That said, I don't usually ever use it, but if you know your opponent will BB, then you can do it when and grab them. I think grabbing would be the best option to go with.

3. A+B BE is useless and a waste of space. 66K (BE) can be good if your opponent is a turtle. If you hold down BE all the way, it'll break their guard and you get a free 3B or 44A BE. Same goes with 2(A+B)).

Hope this helped.

Hi, guys. I'm a new player, so I hope this question isn't too stupid. :/
Are the 6[a+b] timings different for different characters? I was practicing the combo: 3b ~ aab ~ 6[a+b] ~ 2b+k BE ~ 6b+k ~ b ~ (orb hits) ~ aab ~ 66b ~ 66a+b.b on Hilde teching to the side (air control on random), and I can get the timing almost every time. But I've literally never landed this on Raphael. Ever. Is it a different timing or am I psyching myself out?

Hi, guys. I'm a new player, so I hope this question isn't too stupid. :/
Are the 6[a+b] timings different for different characters? I was practicing the combo: 3b ~ aab ~ 6[a+b] ~ 2b+k BE ~ 6b+k ~ b ~ (orb hits) ~ aab ~ 66b ~ 66a+b.b on Hilde teching to the side (air control on random), and I can get the timing almost every time. But I've literally never landed this on Raphael. Ever. Is it a different timing or am I psyching myself out?
from my knowledge i THINK its not the 6 A+B but the 6B+K B i heard 66A works better that B but personally its harder to buffer the moves for me

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm dropping the combo before the 2b+k BE on Raph every time (teching to the side). I'm kind of going through the characters now and it seems like I can get some more than others with the 6[a+b]. Just wondering if that's a common issue or if I'm just being bad. Lol. It might be because I judge based on where they appear to be in the air to release the charge instead of strictly timing it.

The key to telling if you've got it right is if both hits connect. If only one connects, they can tech out of the rest of the combo.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm dropping the combo before the 2b+k BE on Raph every time (teching to the side). I'm kind of going through the characters now and it seems like I can get some more than others with the 6[a+b]. Just wondering if that's a common issue or if I'm just being bad. Lol. It might be because I judge based on where they appear to be in the air to release the charge instead of strictly timing it.
If it is too difficult for you then you could always try 2A+B. I personally use it. :P 6[A+B] has strict timing, if you do it too early, they'll fall to the floor right away, if you do it too late, then it'll miss. Also, if you don't hold it enough then they can tech out of it, which seems to be your problem.

i dont think its character specific. you have to hold the button slightly and then release

For the first question, 6k wallsplats.

Back