When/why did you decide to "git gud"?

Just happened. I never made an active effort to become competitive. Long Grange joined my SC4 room one day, noticed my like 1w 30L record and said "how u got a coo ass name like deafinmyeyes and u losin'," and taught me simple shit like how to go to training mode and learn the FUCKING MOVELIST.

Then Heavenly Bahaumut showed up in a room, and after hearing he was teh absolute best online NM, he taught me tech traps and shit.

Then I joined 8way after putting it off for months. Studied frame data, learned anti-strats, studied other player's styles, met people to play against, etc.

Then one day I found BelovedChild lived nearby, invited him over, discovered offline was just fucking fantastic compared to online, and then FL decided to start having gatherings that I attended. Then tournaments started happening, and I just got better and better.

I just kind of learned along the way without ever actually saying "I want to git gud," and wound up being competitive and going to tournaments.
You need to git guder wit it scrub.

I picked up the series a little after two came out and have always been a bit of a casual player. I always liked leaning all the fight styles by was never really good with any of them, I was mediocre at best.

When 5 came around I kinda had the same mentality until I became friends with a few guys that continually beat my ass to the point where I almost swore off the game all together to play Call of Duty. It wasn't until one of my friends actually started teaching me the core of the fight mechanics that I started to get better and overall enjoy the game more (mainly cause I began winning more).

I'm still no pro at the game but after running into Fenris and Hates a couple times and taking a few rounds instead of being completely obliterated (still not winning but getting closer) I feel that my skill is gradually getting better as I keep leaving more.

7 Years ago, Egyptian Temple of Sacred Flame - an Indomitable Warrior was born. Well... that's not 100% true. I was always decent at SCIV not caring if i won or lost. The idiocy of human beings is what turned a switch inside me to actually be good at it. The idiocy of where one is to complain of too many "this" when you've beat them, or where one is to beat you then talk-down to you.

So when on is make certain rules for example, (No Grabs, No Lows, No Spamming) i would accept these challenges and end up victorious. Little did i know it was helping me git gud. It was until I decided to pick a main that changed the way i saw people in this game. When i was certain i have learned this character it was getting easier and easier to hot-streak or (Win without losing). Then i met him someone who uses the same character as me who i'm sure i know like the back of my hand, i was good with him but he was beating me so he was better.

I had goal then, to be the best Yoshimitsu player during the time of SCIV. Of course it wouldn't have happened until i've beaten "him" for good. DAys, Weeks, maybe a Month has gone by i am seeking to fight the one yoshimitisu player that was better than mine. That day has come and gone i victory was mine his skills fell below mine as I continued to progress. Time passes... the man who i sought after was defeated by me, was there no one who could beat me for real? I was the best yoshimitsu player in sciv? Still i progress analyzing the thoughts, movements, outcomes, and reactions of humans. Guard Impacting, Red Impacting grabs, clashing, parrying, and slaying all and any who oppose me. I can't remember how it came to be but a hunger evolved in me. I wanted to hear their cries and suffering after i've beaten them. It is your struggling your misery your fear your emotions that add to my wins.

Am I cursed by Soul Edge? To hunger for more souls? To have none truly greater than I?
To Answer to your topic: It was the ignorance of other people that made me get good.

1607 A.D. 8WR A Warrior Is Reborn & Enlightened - Mains Lost, Rage and Blood Thirst (Critical Edges???) Vile Nerfed.

If I remember right, I started to "get gud"(still working things out now) when I was about 1-2 months into the game and I lost to Miyuri Sanada...I think..?... but, things had to start changing after that. So soon after that I found 8wayrun and started looking at combos and watched some of the pros (Mateo, RTD, and Belial) that played Mitsurugi. Now I continue to better myself by learning not to panic and play majority of ppl on here.

Blame it on Yoshi.
Let me apologize then. Guess you're a lot more sensitive if you're responding to things that aren't true because you said so.

In fact, you're so amazing that you even get to be the person who takes my last post. Feel free to post on YouTube that Pocky Yoshi is whatever insult you want it to be.

Right here and now, you finally have what you desire: my respect that your opinion matters and no one else can tell you otherwise.

No can be your equal to the amount of achievements and awesome jokes that everyone ought to like. So again, let me be a trophy of all your mocking. After all, it's all about competition and what you got and not friendly rivalries that truly bring out the best in people.

Let me apologize then. Guess you're a lot more sensitive if you're responding to things that aren't true because you said so.

You tagged me in a topic that had nothing to do with me, I didn't even know existed, and vented by making a whole 3 paragraph post dedicated to talking shit about me.

Maybe you should take your own advice and be less sensitive and "let go of the past"? LOL!

Last edited:
7 Years ago, Egyptian Temple of Sacred Flame - an Indomitable Warrior was born. Well... that's not 100% true. I was always decent at SCIV not caring if i won or lost. The idiocy of human beings is what turned a switch inside me to actually be good at it. The idiocy of where one is to complain of too many "this" when you've beat them, or where one is to beat you then talk-down to you.

So when on is make certain rules for example, (No Grabs, No Lows, No Spamming) i would accept these challenges and end up victorious. Little did i know it was helping me git gud. It was until I decided to pick a main that changed the way i saw people in this game. When i was certain i have learned this character it was getting easier and easier to hot-streak or (Win without losing). Then i met him someone who uses the same character as me who i'm sure i know like the back of my hand, i was good with him but he was beating me so he was better.

I had goal then, to be the best Yoshimitsu player during the time of SCIV. Of course it wouldn't have happened until i've beaten "him" for good. DAys, Weeks, maybe a Month has gone by i am seeking to fight the one yoshimitisu player that was better than mine. That day has come and gone i victory was mine his skills fell below mine as I continued to progress. Time passes... the man who i sought after was defeated by me, was there no one who could beat me for real? I was the best yoshimitsu player in sciv? Still i progress analyzing the thoughts, movements, outcomes, and reactions of humans. Guard Impacting, Red Impacting grabs, clashing, parrying, and slaying all and any who oppose me. I can't remember how it came to be but a hunger evolved in me. I wanted to hear their cries and suffering after i've beaten them. It is your struggling your misery your fear your emotions that add to my wins.

Am I cursed by Soul Edge? To hunger for more souls? To have none truly greater than I?
To Answer to your topic: It was the ignorance of other people that made me get good.

1607 A.D. 8WR A Warrior Is Reborn & Enlightened - Mains Lost, Rage and Blood Thirst (Critical Edges???) Vile Nerfed.

You forgot the part where you get destroyed then make excuses. Like how Kinetic Clash blew you up and you pretended you didn't play anymore.

Constant pressure from Mage and BigClilc via taunting and general abuse that I couldn't do any combos or block properly. That, that was it I had to become a good Yoshimitsu player at SC4, or I'd just be a punching bag, and I couldn't accept that. With that said, along way to go for me, and I thank everyone who plays with me and gives me tips as you're all pushing me forward.

Last edited:
To answer the question, I went to a lot of tournaments when I was really young with some local people in Bethlehem Pa., but stopped playing for years.

Then in college KowtowRobinson and I were playing Halo all the time and he dragged me to Jaxel's where I continue to get bodied to this day.

Then I played SCV a lot with Dreamkiller and he quit really early on.

Lastly enjoy Cat Person for what they are: a hit parade of comedy. Like a train full of clowns crashing into a fart factory in slow motion over and over again. One person like this shows up and disappears for the life of every SC game, but this is the first time they've been sustained by the number of people liking their YouTube.

Last edited:
Back