Where Did You Start?

....Tobal No.1 and Battle Arena Toshinden. God, that makes me sound so old. I've played all of the SC series and the Tekken Series.

Primal Rage makes me sound old too. This thread should of expanded more. Instead of this shit just being about where we first started on fighting games, it should include more genre's. What was your first shooting game, mmorpg, horror game, Adventure game, etc. Which one did you like the most? Why did you choose that game? Do you wish you could go back? Do you wish there was a remake of it being better? etc. etc.

WTF is it with people assuming shit? It amazes me how everyone labels me as gay simply for not tolerating shit people spew out of their mouths. There's plenty of words out there to express disapproval, dissatisfaction, and shittiness, but "gay" isn't one of them. You're needlessly insulting millions of people.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Why is it somehow okay though for you to insult millions of stupid people by referring to a negative thing or situation as "stupid"? Only gays should be protected? If so, why? If not, at whom should we draw the line?

My point, in case you're missing it, is that this neutering of the English language just to be sure you never insult anyone anywhere at anytime is just silly and impossible to practice without hypocrisy. And that's just gay.

So I don't even bother to try.

Why is it somehow okay though for you to insult millions of stupid people by referring to a negative thing or situation as "stupid"? Only gays should be protected? If so, why? If not, at whom should we draw the line?
Who said only gays should be protected? If it were "sand niggers" or "wetbacks" being insulted everyone would be losing their minds, but it's fine with gays because it's just the way people speak? There's a difference between neutering the language and not being an asshole.

Though I guess I'm expecting too much from a video game discussion.

Street Fighter II in the arcades when I was a kid. Though I didn't start learning how to play fighters properly until I had online (friends weren't really gamers) with Virtua Fighter 5.

Who said only gays should be protected. If it were "sand niggers" or "wetbacks" being insulted everyone would be losing their minds, but it's fine with gays because it's just the way people speak? There's a difference between neutering the language and not being an asshole.

Though I guess I'm expecting too much from a video game discussion.
Everyone has a line they draw somewhere. You have drawn it at gays, but to you, it's okay to insult stupid people, because in your mind they're worthy of derision. I'm saying it's pretty arbitrary and its stupid to get so defensive and hostile and white knight crusading for the defenseless gays over what is, in the end, just a really hardcore pet peeve of yours.

I hope I don't totally rustle your jimmies by saying this, but I feel there may be some projecting going on here. It was exposed when you got really angry and defensive when dex asked if you were gay. So obviously you have a strong aversion to being thought of as one, which says to me that maybe you have some of your own prejudices and this white knight routine is your way of over compensating for your guilt about that.

Last edited:
Blizzard was quite the brute. I can't recall if their was like a Baboon on PR, but I always remember playing a monkey or something like that.
That spiky armadillo looking one was the shit! He was my favorite and the fire breathing T-rex was my second. ^ ^

That spiky armadillo looking one was the shit! He was my favorite and the fire breathing T-rex was my second. ^ ^
That armadillo was a bitch to fight against but man was he cool. So was the T-Rex. Man I am only 20 and this shit makes me feel old. Lol

NORIK, A TERM SUCH AS "SAND NIGGER" IS FOUNDATIONALLY DEROGATORY (AND RACIST) WHILE "GAY" ISN'T. I LIKE DEBATE, BUT I'M TOO RAW FOR THIS FORUM TO HANDLE. I WOULD HAVE ALL OF THESE "OPINION" AND DEBATE THREADS CLOSED IN MINUTES. LET'S START A PM. WE HAVE MUCH TO DISCUSS. ALSO, I GENERALLY FIND DEBATES ON THIS SITE-- EXTRANEOUS TO SOUL CALIBUR-- TO BE DUMB.

NORIK, A TERM SUCH AS "SAND NIGGER" IS FOUNDATIONALLY DEROGATORY (AND RACIST) WHILE "GAY" ISN'T. I LIKE DEBATE, BUT I'M TOO RAW FOR THIS FORUM TO HANDLE. I WOULD HAVE ALL OF THESE "OPINION" AND DEBATE THREADS CLOSED IN MINUTES. LET'S START A PM. WE HAVE MUCH TO DISCUSS. ALSO, I GENERALLY FIND DEBATES ON THIS SITE-- EXTRANEOUS TO SOUL CALIBUR-- TO BE DUMB.
I already did a PM with him about this "gay" shit yesterday. I don't think he needs more talking to about the subject.

....Tobal No.1 and Battle Arena Toshinden. God, that makes me sound so old. I've played all of the SC series and the Tekken Series.
Wow... Toshinden! That's goin back. Without that game there would be no Soul Series. Soul Blade was practically what BAT3 should've been.

On topic:
First fighting game? Eternal Champions.
First Tournament? MK3 launch tourney at a local video store.

I guess my first fighting game would be Clayfighter 63-1/3? Lol.
If that doesn't count, Tekken 3, and if we're talking the first fighting games I actually attempted to learn, that would be SC3.

Why are you copying MONEYMUFFINS? You didn't post like this before if memory serves. Just curious.

Like most children in the 90's, I started on Street Fighter 2 Turbo edition for the SNES. We also had Primal Rage, and as a kid who was obsessed with dinosaurs it was the coolest fucking thing in the world to me. Other kids looked up to Superman and Batman. Godzilla was idol.

Back