Where Did You Start?

Gaza Memoria

[10] Knight
I know many of us had that one fighting game we all started playing before Soul Calibur, or maybe Soul Calibur was your first. (and this thread may already be made so feel free to remove it if it is.)

I started of with Street Fighter on the SNES and another one which the name escapes me...
But also feel free to tell us what other genres of games that were your first, (credit to Death_Emperor_X for the idea)
But anyway please feel free to jump in and give you opinions.

Last edited:
SC was the first for me. In fact, had paid zero attention to video games for years; played Soul Calibur with my brother and his friend at his friend's place, and bought a Dreamcast for myself just to play it.

And then a PS to play Soul Blade, and then a PS2 AND an Xbox. And then a PS3 AND a Wii (yes I have played SC Legends. no comment.)

They all still work, too, except for the PS, but I hold out hope SB will someday be available on PSN.

I started with both Soul Blade & Street Fighter Ex 2 plus.
Was addicted to those two beyond belief back then.
Didn't even know they changed the title to "Soul Calibur" until like 2005 or 2006,when Sc3 was released.

Anyone remember... Bloody Roar!!?? >:33333 That was probably my first fighting game!

I remember that, ahah been ages since I played this series.

First hmm? Lemme see...Tekken 3, favorite- Played Soul Blade a while, but didn't payed much attention (even so when I was back in 3 I remembered Sophitia.)

Funny is that nowadays I prefer Soul Calibur over any other fighter.

I remember that, ahah been ages since I played this series.

First hmm? Lemme see...Tekken 3, favorite- Played Soul Blade a while, but didn't payed much attention (even so when I was back in 3 I remembered Sophitia.)

Funny is that nowadays I prefer Soul Calibur over any other fighter.

I wish we could get an HD remake or something... >:D

I wish more companies would port old HD remakes, I mean it's not too much of a problem, just install online, update the graphics, update interfaces. It's like easy money if you retail them for $20-25!

I'm pretty sure I started on Mortal Kombat 1 in the arcade.
I saw one of those the other day and took a whack at it. Turns out I lost my touch with Reptile. XD

Does Smash Bros count?
I don't see why not. I mean some people might not see it as a fighting game but I do just cause of how it is set up. I not as big of a Smash Bros player as I was but I still enjoy playing it just cause of the characters.

I'm pretty sure Smash Bros. was my first fighting game. Then I picked up SC2 as a kid and have been in love with the series ever since I played that.

Some fuckin dinosaur game; it was a 2D fighting game like MK, you get to pick your dino. I remember there being 2 gorilla's I think, one frost one, one normal one. A big reptile, turtle, etc. I remember two of the dino's colors, one was red with black stripes & another was yellow with purple stripes. If I remember correctly, one of them was named Sauron. Somebody might know what I'm talking about. It was an old fighting game.

Next was Smash Bros, then SCII.

Back