Who's your favourite singer?

I have a few

Madonna
MJ
Prince
Bruce springsteen
Lady gaga

Tho lady gagas new album kinda sux except like 3 songs :/ i want to go back to dance music again.....

The title says it all.

Katy Perry for me <3

Is that due to her singing though or due to her looks?

I have a few.

ATM Victoria Legrand is up near the top of the heap. A heap that includes the likes of Karen O, Emily Haines, Elenor Freidburger, Ritzy, Andrea Zollo, Freddie Mercury, Bono, Alison Mossheart, Tracyanne Cambell, Alex Greenwald and Mark Lanegan. If these names mean nothing to you then congratulations, it seems we're into different things. They are not all inclusively parts of my favorite bands, I can't say a band like Supergrass catches my ear due to the singer's lyrical style or lack of production for instance. Pete Doherty is excused from this list for killing The Libertines.

Is that due to her singing though or due to her looks?
i was wondering the same thing. it looked more like those pics belonged in the hottest girl thread and then low and behold some other guy shortly after put up a post that is a girl from that thread. If i didn't read the title of this thread i would have definitely have been thrown off by the model pics and sexy woman photos.

Strictly solo acts, in no particular order.

Sade
Nana Mouskouri
Josh Groban
Utada Hikaru
Al Green
Bill Withers
Otis Redding
Anita Baker
Janelle Monae
Norah Jones
Lauryn Hill

I can't pick a single one, but I can listen to the top seven no matter what and have to be in a mood for the last 4 sometimes.

there are so many singers out there that I truly do enjoy listening to.

from Mariah Carey (dreamlover phase.)
toni braxton
Tina Turner
Craig Mac
Bjork
Corrine Bailey Rae
Estelle
Melanie Fiona
the list can go on and on, to asian singers, my latin singers, to modern pop singers..

but my overall favorite?

gotta go with

Sade. her voice is simply beautiful.

lover's rock. King of Sorrow. Smooth Operator, Moon and the Sky... too many tracks that can hit such a range of emotion. she's a goddess.

My favorite would have to be a tie between:

Sui from Megaromania
tumblr_lwk601v9ox1r312n4o1_250.jpg

Asagi from D
dsnowwhitesa0.jpg

i was wondering the same thing. it looked more like those pics belonged in the hottest girl thread and then low and behold some other guy shortly after put up a post that is a girl from that thread. If i didn't read the title of this thread i would have definitely have been thrown off by the model pics and sexy woman photos.
If you are not going to contribute, or even whine about sexy pictures then 1. Get out and don't post.

2. Get over the fact that there are some straight people on 8WR.

Btw, Ghengis_John: I love her looks and her music so it's both ^^

If you are not going to contribute, or even whine about sexy pictures then 1. Get out and don't post.

2. Get over the fact that there are some straight people on 8WR.

Btw, Ghengis_John: I love her looks and her music so it's both ^^
calm down. I already contributed so you can get off my back. I'm straight too and all i said was that I came here to see something about music and my first impression were model photos. you didn't explain why you like them or anything. there were just random women to me. well not the first post because everyone knows her. and the fact that you say there are straight people on here doesn't justify the pictures. it really only shows that you like boobs and isn't that why women call men perverts and such in the first place?

anyway all i was suggesting was looking forward to respectable pictures. you can't see the artist when you listen to their music unless it's a music vid. this is one of the reasons i stay away from mainstream. it's not about the looks. it's about the music.

calm down. I already contributed so you can get off my back. I'm straight too and all i said was that I came here to see something about music and my first impression were model photos. you didn't explain why you like them or anything. there were just random women to me. well not the first post because everyone knows her. and the fact that you say there are straight people on here doesn't justify the pictures. it really only shows that you like boobs and isn't that why women call men perverts and such in the first place?

anyway all i was suggesting was looking forward to respectable pictures. you can't see the artist when you listen to their music unless it's a music vid. this is one of the reasons i stay away from mainstream. it's not about the looks. it's about the music.
I said that. Please stop posting here and go whine elsewhere.

I said that. Please stop posting here and go whine elsewhere.
wow. sensitive. but i'm feeling jolly today so I apologize if i seemed whiny or anything. we are here to talk about our artist that we love/like. so on another note I would like to give a shout out to my favorite French singer/composer. she's a genius when it comes to her composing her music.

1255536136-l_af60632d2e47440f93334af82bd53294.jpg

and last but not least another singer/composer from Japan. i don't know what language she sings in but it's rarely japanese. probably latin or something similar but her composing skills are also superior to most artist today.
Akiko Shikata:
Akiko+Shikata+Frontier+Works+p.png

Back