Why aren't the Americas ever represented with a character in the Main Cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be (am probably) wrong, but didn't Rock pretty much spend most of his life in America? Like since he was a child?

Because this happens:
1168695-bob_tekken6_super.jpg

I might be (am probably) wrong, but didn't Rock pretty much spend most of his life in America? Like since he was a child?

If my memory of soul edge is good, he is a castaway from a british ship , that accident happened when he was "young" but i dont remember if they gave an average age for rock when it happened ^^' so i think he spent a lot of time in america yeah but he soon discovered the truth. he finally choose to stay in america with bangoo after all

@KarasuShiro: Yeah, Cerevantes attacked the ship he was on right? and killed his parents? I don't remember if they said his age either, I just assumed he was pretty young because his parents were there.

@Chidokyo: Rock after McDonalds? =P

Because you can't ride a canoe across the Atlantic and survive.

duhhhhh
Who says they have to go over there? Cervantes is a pirate, which means he can steal the swords again, go into his pirate ship, and go into hiding to the new world. There he could meet an old friend, who is a Conquistador (new character), and wreak havoc there with his buddy. The natives then fight back, with a champion (new character) to lead the way to save their village. In the meanwhile, the rest of pursuers hear about Cervantes, and come over to hunt for sword as well, as they have been doing all this time.

Also, there have civilizations here for centuries.

Which country was the key to winning WWII?
i

The Soviet Union.

Anyways, let's remember that this was during imperial times. People were crossing oceans. It's not like Native Americans were non-existent in Europe at the time. Let's also consider that characters like Talim some how made it into mainland Eurasia.

Synraii you are like the kid who discovers Santa Claus isn't real then has to be a smarmy asshole and tell every other 8 year old he knows.

You have the best nothing-fight disposition. <3
I'll take that as a compliment, lol.

And santa is real.

I think Nationalism is pretty dumb on all sides; we should be appreciating each other's different cultures and whatnot.

But this isn't about nationalism; it's about the Americas in relation to the Soul Calibur universe.
Seeing as it is set in 1607, my guess is that the only American character possible is a tribal warrior. Colonial people are too many years ahead to fit in, and even then, they would be busy colonizing America and would be ethnically European anyway.
Even then, it'd be kind of hard to come up with an interesting story justifying them coming all the way to Europe and/or Asia other than "Oh, strongest sword in the world? Better spend XX games failing to obtain Soul Edge!"

I think Nationalism is pretty dumb on all sides; we should be appreciating each other's different cultures and whatnot.

But this isn't about nationalism; it's about the Americas in relation to the Soul Calibur universe.
Seeing as it is set in 1607, my guess is that the only American character possible is a tribal warrior. Colonial people are too many years ahead to fit in, and even then, they would be busy colonizing America and would be ethnically European anyway.
Even then, it'd be kind of hard to come up with an interesting story justifying them coming all the way to Europe and/or Asia other than "Oh, strongest sword in the world? Better spend XX games failing to obtain Soul Edge!"
America doesn't have a culture.
Anyyyyyway, when did Rock become British?

And we hadn't kicked your ass and declared independence yet, so we were still a British colony.

You can thank France for that. I do thank america all day for all the junk food they supply me, haha.

And yes, there's nothing I despise more than nationalism (and even patriotism, but that part is generally way less appreciated, for some reason).

America doesn't have a culture.
Anyyyyyway, when did Rock become British?
Nice job missing the point; that's okay though.
I always thought it was said that Rock was British all along.
It was just that he raised himself in America because he was shipwrecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back