Will Broken Destiny get a console version?

Will part of Broken Destiny come to PS3/Xbox360?

• I hope so, and I think so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I hope so, but I have no idea.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • I hope so, but probably not.

Votes: 46 33.1%
  • I hope not.

Votes: 14 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't help but keep optimistic about this.
It seems like a realistic goal Bamco could pull off if they aren't lazy enough to put more money in their pockets.
After reading that interview, I feel that it will (and should) happen, but I'm having second thoughts about pricing and that the only changes that may be made are nerfs and recoloring.

am i the only one that think the patch may change the game in a bad way like making many characters worse like the last patch i dont want my characters to get nerfed

am i the only one that think the patch may change the game in a bad way like making many characters worse like the last patch i dont want my characters to get nerfed
You know, Mr. Cervantes Player, there are more characters in this game than Cervantes, and most of them need some kind of buff.

Anyway, Cervy could afford a small nerf.

i love how whenever ppl post in a tier list thread... cervy is "mhee.. not that great" ... but random ppl say he needs a nerf.. lol...silly stuff. that being said, cervy doesn't need a nerf. He's right where he should be... i honestly can't think of anything thats unbalanced with him.. he's probably one of the most balanced characters in the game...

but yea... there are a lot of characters that are just trash right now (lol..mina...lol) or ..while not trash... could use a buff. Then again... all fighting games need that low tier bitch that takes a lot of beating of it wouldn't be a fighter right??? lol. I wonder though... if they would remove anti-air control from a few moves. Hopefully not my yoshi :( lol... not that he needs his 44bB to hit more than once or twice really anyway...

First, who's to say that even if it is released as DLC or whatever that it'll actually be a good thing for SCIV? Who's to say that the game will be rebalanced? Who's to say that if it is, Namco will do a good job? I don't think they have a good track record for game balance.

Who's to say that the game will be rebalanced?

Noriyuki Hiyama in this interview with the Official Playstation Blog:
We have lowered the entry level for all the players who play the game itself, but having said that, it doesn't mean that we've compromised on the game quality, or the difficulties, or the overall experience of the Soul Calibur game. So, in that sense, it's not just a simple 'downgrading,' or 'making it easy' for everyone to play the game itself, so the team has gone into details and taken the time with fine tuning the game balance. The team has created a game which everyone will be able to enjoy, and everyone will be able to play the game and experience the Soul Calibur universe and actually increase their skills as well. All the traditional features from Soul Calibur such as the critical finish and equipment destructions is going to be in there as well.

Short Answer: Maybe

Long answer: Maaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

lol.... yea....the quote doesn't mean crap.. for all i know it means they just cut out half of the character's move lists..lol.

lol yeah lol they'll probably just make a piece of shit lol because those sell really well lol lol lol

...lol

To balance the game I fully expect them to cut everyone other than Rock and Talim... oh... and the new guy, he gets to stay too.

umm.. wow phibert you are very protective of a game that you've never played or even seen played before. show me one quote from a game maker when giving an interview to sell their fucking product where they say "we made a broken game.. there is this one character who everyone is gonna hate because he or she is just way overpowered. We probably shouldn't have said this before selling it but we are gonna probably rebalance it a few times but in the end the game will still have most of you very unhappy with the way it turned out. hahaha.. but you'll still play it because well.. you have nothing else to do right? I mean we aren't making TRASH but we could have done WAY better." After you show me that quote I will have an epiphany and start blindly believing what a company that want to sell their product says like a 5 year old blindly believing in Santa (and ignoring or not realizing the fact that all the poor muslim kids must just be hated by santa...).

on a less annoyed response, noface point remains valid because the "rebalancing" could simply be that they will use the v.1.03 of SC4 that we currently are using now and simply found a way to put the new character(s) in without them breaking whatever balance was suppose to be there before. Is it likely that they might have done a little more balancing but even then the quote could be saying something more along the lines of balancing how an ai character or mode plays. Point is... IT DOESN'T MEAN SHIT! Yes... there is a good chance...but in no way is it something to go running around quoting and then acting like its the end all say all.

its a maybe. feel free to be hopeful.. but don't be so fricken jumpy. In short...i hope for your sake it is right... because that would obvious make you happy. But please calm down...your too old for petty responses without any point to them.

and also like noface said.. namco does NOT have a decent track record for balancing games. Japanese sophita was god tier...so they nerfed the game for US consoles... turns out.. they have broken ass mechanics in THAT version too. Each version of SC4 obviously had things that should have been patched way before the game was even released. So my HOPE for a patch in a FIRST VERSION of the new game (new characters can make a huge difference to balance as they tweek things for other characters to make the new characters fit... which can fuck other things up... obviously..) is not all that great.

And of course.. since its a MAYBE... it could turn into the end-all be-all of SC fighting games and everyone will love the new balance to the game and the game will sell well and they'll throw the game onto the xbox/ps3 and you'll be 100% and everyone will be ecstatic.

sigh...yea a little. heh. I'm hungry. We'll just call eachother even and have neither of us cranky anymore :)

I worry about the word "balance" when it comes to Project Soul. I mean, I may base my opinions on SC4 on a SINGLE character (Talim), but when I see a character's moveset and framedata that is SOOOOO out of whack when compared to the rest of the cast, it makes me wonder about the programming skills of the entire project. You can never have played the game before, and simply consider Talim's frame data, and her lack of range, and KNOW its fucked up. If the Project Soul programmers couldn't simply LOOK at her data and know she sucked...

That and they have a history of nerfing things that shouldn't be nerfed. Let it not be forgotten that they NERFED a large chunk of Talim's moves in the transition from Soulcalibur 3 to Soulcalibur 3 Arcade Edition. Cause you know, she was too good or something.

If Project Soul wants to make this "end-all-be-all" Soulcalibur game, they need to do a few things first. Increase the size of people's movesets (like in SC2). Put while-landing moves back in (like in SC2). Put advance and retreat guard back in (like in SC2). Make guard crushes worth a damn, and allow you to re-GI in state (like in SC2). Make a large part of people's movesets both cancellable and delayable (like in SC2). Now that I think about it... I'm explaining Virtua Fighter here.

My brain is exploding wondering how they'll put iCS into that game, they're pretty much gonna have to alter it for the dpad/pseudo analog.

well a alot of the new info refers to a more indepth traing mode, making the game more accesible etc. so their intent is to bring in more players and help them learn the game and so stick to it, therefore i see good news on the horizon!
ps: how did the gi system work in sc2?, i kinda like the way it works now.

That's a good point. I played Ivy in 2 and 3, but the unreliability of SS/CS in 4 has kept me away so-far, which is a shame because I love how complicated she is in general.

i didnt mean i dont think a couple characters need a buff i just hope they dont nerf everyone and not make any other characters better they better not touch cervy he's fine with all his unsafeness and the people ive come across that think cervy is to good are noobs honestly :)

Back