Worst Creations Thread

Alex.J

[14] Master
There are a lot of threads showcasing amazing CAS talent. I thought it would be interesting to show talent in another way. What is the worst creation you could possibly come up with? Something that looks absolutely terrible. Too make something look absolutely hideous takes it's own talent in a weird sort of way. Here are a few for inspiration.

221642-sc1.jpg

67td1x.jpg

soul_calibur_5_custom_character_tomahawk_man_by_megaspidermoon-d6574vq.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Really heart stopping stuff, but in some weird way, i kinda like number two and four.

I like the idea of this, it could be a fun way to let off some steam and maybe find some weird inspiration.

That said:
By all means use this thread to showcase your own designs, but I'm not having a thread where people can start insulting other people's work. Too much potential for in-fighting and I'm not standing for it.

If you don't like someone's CaS, fine, give them constructive criticism or keep it to yourself.

I'll be deleting anything that could cause arguements, and repeat offenders can expect harsher punishments. First and final warning.

It was only a matter of time until worst creations thread came about. The title should of been Pandora's box though. That's the vibe I'm getting. It's a topic that skirts on thin ice, but I really want to believe it might help.

I'm sorry if I've offended anybody, especially our CaS mod, @Le_Bello. I'll keep things positive from now on. I do, however, wish to understand how you decide what to censor so that I know how to conduct myself properly in the future. When you have the time, could you explain how my posts are different from comments like the following:

http://8wayrun.com/threads/the-yung-cd-beezy-cas-crib.17016/#post-654495
http://8wayrun.com/threads/trust-me-im-the-mad-doktor-and-these-are-my-creations.17809/#post-667955

I'm sorry if I've offended anybody, especially our CaS mod, @Le_Bello. I'll keep things positive from now on. I do, however, wish to understand how you decide what to censor so that I know how to conduct myself properly in the future. When you have the time, could you explain how my posts are different from comments like the following:

http://8wayrun.com/threads/trust-me-im-the-mad-doktor-and-these-are-my-creations.17809/#post-667955
Let me say this as ex mod. Don't indulge in those. If one can't stand those things, it will make you bitter dwelling on them.

I can assure you that though they may be joking, it's a tongue in cheek humor. Smack talk to be exact. Leave it be and let the mods handle it.

It's cool, just carry on being decent people and s'all good.

Comments like that are clearly inappropriate, but as Pocky said, could be taken as humour. Generally, if someone comes into your thread and posts, and you dislike the post, report it. I'm not typically going to act without someone wanting me to - either via reporting a post (preferable), or by PMing your grievances to me.

That said, this thread is it's own domain, and it'd be easy for people to attack others who may not see it/defend themselves, so I'll be keeping a much closer eye on this thread as it could easily become kindling. I'd love the forums to be completely clean, but I can't literally read every post of every thread.

Maybe I can contribute to this... Though these are pretty old.

One of the first things you learn as a chemistry major is that every chemical has a CAS number. I thought that was kind of funny, and next thing you know...
20_water_1-jpg.33905
20_water_2-jpg.33906
water.jpg
21_ammonia_1-jpg.33907
21_ammonia_2-jpg.33908
Ammonia-3D-vdW.png
aka SALT

22_salt_1-jpg.33909
22_salt_2-jpg.33910
Sodium-chloride-unit-cell-3D-ionic.png
23_carbondioxide_1-jpg.33911
23_carbondioxide_2-jpg.33912
Carbon_dioxide_3D_spacefill.png

don't judge me :(

I'm not sure if this is quite what you meant, but here's probably one of the creepiest customs I've made so far:
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_82.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_83.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_84.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_106.png

The last picture shows a dummied-out idea I had to make her some tragic character whose face was mutilated, thus hiding it behind a creepy doll mask. Buuut since she arguably looks better without the mask on, I've just decided on her being a creepy doll.

I'm not sure if this is quite what you meant, but here's probably one of the creepiest customs I've made so far:
View attachment 41224 View attachment 41225 View attachment 41226 View attachment 41227
The last picture shows a dummied-out idea I had to make her some tragic character whose face was mutilated, thus hiding it behind a creepy doll mask. Buuut since she arguably looks better without the mask on, I've just decided on her being a creepy doll.
That's actually very creative. Among the best I've seen in months. Cool use of them flame ornaments for the eyelashes. Never woulda thought of that. Great job carving out the hair pattern with stickers too, actually. See if you can find uses for those two extra special equipment slots though. Maybe flowers in her hair. You could apply cracks via bump-mapped patch stickers or apply a subtle pattern to the skin to grime her up.

As a side note, I see that you rely alot on DLC clothing for the boost in detail. You can get very interesting results on the boring, flat clothing if you use bump-mapping (especially those two pocket stickers). Here's an example:
4. SHERLOCK FUCKIN' HOLMES (my hero)
View attachment 35571
View attachment 35569
View attachment 35570

Creation notes: Horns make the pipe and two pairs of rabbit ears for the front and back flaps on the deerstalker cap. Two pocket stickers on left and right side of cap to simulate flaps. Tiger stripe pattern on the pants for the grungy texture. Max size pocket sticker placed by axis on "entire body" setting for texture. Ribbon sticker underneath to simulate vest/waistcoat. Giant number one sticker underneath to make inside shirt grey.
You already have a great sense of fashion; you just need to explore the forums for new techniques. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Best of luck.

Last edited:
That's actually very creative. Among the best I've seen in months. Cool use of them flame ornaments for the eyelashes. Never woulda thought of that. Great job carving out the hair pattern with stickers too, actually. See if you can find uses for those two extra special equipment slots though. Maybe flowers in her hair. You could apply cracks via bump-mapped patch stickers or apply a subtle pattern to the skin to grime her up.

As a side note, I see that you rely alot on DLC clothing for the boost in detail. You can get very interesting results on the boring, flat clothing if you use bump-mapping (especially those two pocket stickers). Here's an example:

You already have a great sense of fashion; you just need to explore the forums for new techniques. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Best of luck.
I would've loved to add some hair decs. But I ended up using the last two extra slots to make her pigtails (beetle horns) and the back of her hair (a ball). The heart decal I used for the front wouldn't properly cover the back of her head. Having used the majority of the sticker slots for the mask to make her face, I didn't have a slot to spare to put a sticker in the back to give her a full head of hair. I really do appreciate your critiques though.

Back