Xiba, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes and Aeon Confirmed!

• Admin
Today, Famitsu announced four new characters for Soulcalibur V! While Yoshimitsu was "sort of" announced in the custom character trailer, there was never any real confirmation. As well, hints about Aeon Calcos comings from soundtrack leaks (the same way Raphael was discovered early). Aeon Calcos in case you don't know, is the original Lizardman!

In addition to the return of the immortal Cervantes, Namco has revealed a new staff user by the name of "Xiba". Xiba, a character clearly designed around the Monkey King from the Journey to the West story in Chinese Folklore. Several months back, Daishi stated on his twitter that Kilik was an "ill-fated" character. With the introduction of Xiba, it begs the question: "What happened to Kilik?"

2d_aeon.jpg 2d_cervantes.jpg 2d_xiba.jpg 2d_yoshimitsu.jpg
aeon_3D-Render.jpg cervantes_3D.jpg xiba1_3D-Render.jpg yoshimitsu_3D-Render.jpg xiba3.jpg alchemy2.jpg
aeon_astaroth.jpg aeon_astaroth2.jpg aeon_pyrrha.jpg aeon1.jpg
aeon2.jpg cervantes_ivy.jpg cervantes_natsu1.jpg cervantes_natsu2.jpg
cervantes1.jpg cervantes2.jpg cervantes3.jpg xiba_leixia.jpg
xiba_maxi.jpg xiba1.jpg xiba2.jpg yoshimitsu_mitsurugi.jpg
yoshimitsu_voldo1.jpg yoshimitsu_voldo2.jpg yoshimitsu1.jpg yoshimitsu2.jpg
alchemy1.jpg cave-ride1.jpg cave-ride2.jpg pirate-ship1.jpg
pirate-ship2.jpg

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Are you kidding me, new comers who caught on? Then explain why talim who appeared in SC2 has more fans than mina who appeared in Soul Edge, it was never about the first fighters who desearved more or have better chances of staying, they stayed cuz ppl liked em and look how easily they replaced sophitia and cassandra, namco doesnt care about who started it, but who will continue it...
i was wondering how this started with relevance to the story and then ended up with who has more fan service...

I never said Talim started the series. Soul Calibur on the dreamcast gave the game the boost and made it as popular as what it is today. Soul Calibur paved the way for the game y'all are getting hype about now. A majority of characters they are getting rid of were introduced in that game. 8 way run(the system) was installed in SC. What the game is famous for today, why there is a website named after it is because of that game. The story became legit in Soul Calibur, not SCII not SCIII but Soul Calibur. In fact SCIII was based off of SC. Soul Calibur(the sword) came out in Soul Calibur (the game). Who wielded Soul Calibur in Soul Calibur, Xianghua. Not Seigfried. No one else in soul calibur wielded soul calibur but her. Who is on the cover for the games? Lets think about this. They advertise the game with a certain number of people. Those being Taki, Mistsurugi, Ivy, Talim, Cassandra, Xianghua, Kilik, Tira and Nightmare. Look at the various covers for SCII. Project Soul should stick with what made them so well known. Who is on it. Just sayin'. These are the characters that they use to advertise the game. A newcomer is Hilde and they are keeping her. So I am confused where your coming from.

Taki->Natsu and Sophitia->Pyrrha.
To a certain degree, Rock->Astaroth.

Mitsu- Still in
Sieg- Still in
Taki- Replaced with an apprentice using a slightly changed style.
Li Long- Was replaced in SCI
Rock- Astaroth has his style, more or less. And we may even get Bangoo.
Sophitia- Replaced by her daughter.
Seong Mi-Na- Status unknown. Xiba will likely inherit part of the moveset.
Voldo- Still in.
Cervantes- Still in.

Hwang- was just a slightly redone Mitsu, to get around the Korea ban on Samurai. I wouldn't count that as part of the "starters".

So... every single "starter of the series" is either in or has their style in the game.

Except Li Long, I suppose, but Maxi was meant to take that role anyway.

Talim, Xianghua and Kilik started the series? What are you on? They are all newcomers who caught on.

omfg STOP replacing characters you fail at it. Natsu Xiba and Pyrrha all look fucking retarded. and WHERE IS SETSUKA?
I'm sorry to tell you but Daishi tweeted that Setsuka isn't going to be in the game. But I agree with you 100%. You need to tweet @Daishi_Calibur.

So where did you get the idea that I said Talim made the story. Lets be fa real all this girl does is talk about wind. How did she start the game? All I said was that if she wasn't in the game I wasn't purchasing it. My decision to purchase the game is not based alone off of her presence in the game. That would just be the cherry on top of the cake. It is because they are replacing the wrong characters and not giving good reason or info. I mean Cervantes looks human now.....WHY? They are making the wrong changes to characters as well.

Now, now. I understand if your main, who I assume is Talim, judging by your avatar, isn't in, you could be quite disappointed (if). That's no reason to not buy, or at least try, the game, though. A game isn't suddenly terrible just because a character you love is out. For all you know, Xiba might be just as, if not more, like-able than Kilik. Maybe not.

I can't guarantee anything, but I'm very confident that Talim will be in SCV due to her age, style and overall uniqueness. So, just have a little faith and give the game a chance. There are plenty of things to look forwards to: new features, bigger story, more characters, etc. You might find another character who you'll fall in love with. Etc.etc. <Insert cheesy lines here.> Etc.etc. I'd like to keep the SC community growing rather than have it deteriorate for silly (some not as silly) reasons.

PS: By the way, Talim first appeared in SCII, IIRC. A character from SCII does not = a character that started the series. Cervantes and Siegfried are examples of characters that started off the series. They returned. So, I'm not trying to be a doucheface, but they technically did bring back characters "that started the series and made the game known for what it is today."

Typical response that gets thrown around much too often... Quite frankly, no one really cares if you do or do not buy the game. The rest of us will, and we will all enjoy what the game has to offer. Like Reave said, your loss.
I've been playing the game since Soul blade, I don't want this game to be ruined... Like SCIV And if i don't buy the game, how is that offending you? I don't even know why you replied.

So where did you get the idea that I said Talim made the story. Lets be fa real all this girl does is talk about wind. How did she sta... [snip]... ks human now.....WHY? They are making the wrong changes to characters as well.
Well, I didn't say that you said that Talim made the story, but you implied that she was one of the characters that started the series, when she isn't. You said, "They are replacing a LOT of good characters that started the series and made the game known for what it is today." I wasn't trying to start anything, I was just stating my opinion and stating some facts based on your wording, which, I suppose, I misunderstood. I apologize.

Also, you did imply that you weren't going to buy it if Talim wasn't in it. You said (copy & paste), "I'm tellin' y'all now if they replace Talim, idk if I can buy the game." It was implied strongly. I apologize for assuming, but it seemed like that was what you were saying. So, you should have stated previously that your decision wasn't entirely based on the loss of your favorite characters. It's cool, though. Everybody makes mistakes when they type and come off the wrong way or whatever.

Anyway, just because Cervantes is human now, it doesn't mean they're making wrong changes. With change comes those who support that change and those who oppose it. It is subjective and nobody is correct. I, for one, like Cervantes as a human and believe this change will bring forth an interesting story, new moves, and new aspects to his personality. That is just my opinion.

I've been playing the game since Soul blade, I don't want this game to be ruined... Like SCIV And if i don't buy the game, how is that offending you? I don't even know why you replied.
That's understandable. I don't want the game to be ruined, especially not after SCIV was rushed. I never said that if you didn't buy it, I'd be offended. Where did you derive that from? I apologize if I came off that way. I was simply telling him not to base his decision off of losing a favorite character or two since that is what he implied. That is why I replied. You should have read between the lines. I don't even know why you replied.

Anyway, does anybody know when they will show gameplay of these characters in action?

I hope they bring Inferno or Edge Master back. I want a random character when i don't feel like picking a random character......If you know what i mean.

I hope they bring Inferno or Edge Master back. I want a random character when i don't feel like picking a random character......If you know what i mean.

Daishi already confirmed that there will be this type of character in the game

I'm sorry to tell you but Daishi tweeted that Setsuka isn't going to be in the game. But I agree with you 100%. You need to tweet @Daishi_Calibur.

sorry if im a little behind but when did he say this?

Getting off topic a bit, Im looking forward to buying the official SC V guidebook next year. I'd like to see how the people do the layout this time - SC IV's guidebook was great on the whole but they messed up the text when it comes to people who are evil/ associated with SE. I mean, BLACK TEXT on a DARK RED page?

In addition, the text in SC IV's guidebook was also damn small, hard to read.

I'm sorry for the off-topic, but...

Can you still pre-order the Collector's Edition of this game?

I'm living in Singapore - any idea whether can it be pre-ordered there too?
I'm only aware of the period of time preorders are available, not location availability, sorry.

Aight, figured. I thought they stop letting people pre-order at a certain date, so I was getting worried that I won't get Dampierre,

That's only a issue with limited release things. I don't think the CE will be limited release before the game comes out.

Aight, figured. I thought they stop letting people pre-order at a certain date, so I was getting worried that I won't get Dampierre,
You don't have to get the CE for Dampierre you just need to preorder a copy of SCV

Live streams

10 Viewers
N1NJ4_VS
N1NJ4_VS
Ranked (Cass Main) [PC]
3 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Thirsty Thursday!! Good vibes, fun games, big smiles. Stay thirsty my friends! =P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back