Yoshi SCIV -> SCV Changes

Discussion in 'Yoshimitsu' started by neorussell, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrDogg

DrDogg [09] Warrior

As others have said, none of that is really new. iMCF was never a risk. Yes, you fished for CH, but off of a setup or when you knew iMCF would beat out anything the opponent could do. Against certain characters with good TJ attacks, it could be baited out, but that's no different from any other attack in the game.

Also, I don't know how you played, but I never did 3B or 3AB unless I knew it would connect. The new 3A is unsafe, whereas the old one was not. The new 3AB is also unsafe. Fish for CHs all you want, but it's not hard to punish in SC5. And the Tekken moves were never a risk to me. It was rare to miss the attack I wanted.

iMCF being one frame slower and tech crouching later (presumably) is a big nerf. In addition, many of his iMCF frame traps are gone. It's not a bad move, but it's lost a lot of its usefulness compared to SC4 iMCF. I also don't find it any easier to execute, but I didn't really have issues with it in SC4 so...

To me, the MED buff is bigger than any other "buff" you mentioned, aside from maybe 6K. You even agree that Yoshi is B tier at best and will probably fall. How does that not indicate a bad nerf?

Oboro likes this.
  2. mkl

mkl [00] Signia's Cheerleader

I'm saying while he may not be as good as his SCIV self he is still nowhere near as bad as you and others are making him out to be. Especially since this is barely a week into the game's life cycle. Yoshi players didn't figure out 8K was a viable wall combo starter until well into SCIV's life span. Give it time. Right now most Yosh players are stuck in bad habits from older games. Especially iMCF setups.

3. DrDogg

DrDogg [09] Warrior

I was doing 9K wall combos within the first month of the game (don't remember exact dates). It was a safe mid that wall splatted. Now 9K isn't even safe anymore... >_>

Also, Yoshi isn't bad, he just isn't all that good at the moment. I definitely don't think he's bottom tier or anything, and you even said yourself that you expect him to fall below B tier. A C tier Yoshi isn't very good in my eyes, but I think he's about B tier and will likely stay there unless we find some magical juice.

Pocky-Yoshi and RedDjinn like this.
  4. RedDjinn

RedDjinn Dat Hillbilly

To be effective you have to play like DTN's yoshi... a:B+K deathcopter traps all day.

5. MarkMan
    • Senior Moderator

MarkMan SDTEKKEN.COM / 8WR MOD TEAM

I'm using Astaroth as a secondary character now :x

Oboro likes this.
  6. mkl

I'm using Algol for my secondary. It feels dirty.

DrDogg likes this.
  7. Oboro

Oboro Namunamunamuna...

Asta has quickly become Yoshi's big brother haha!! Really though I hope they update it the way they did with 4 fairly soon and maybe we'll get some justice.

8. flask

flask [09] Warrior

lots of whining!
    i´ll make yoshi broken in this game. just you wait :)

JT_the_Ninja and Pocky-Yoshi like this.
  9. Oboro

Oboro Namunamunamuna...

I wouldn't call it straight up whining. But it seems like changes for the sake of changes with no real balancing purpose behind them. I'd like to think of it as justified complaining!!

DrDogg likes this.
  10. mkl

They need to patch in actually useable BEs aside from 3AB(BE). That reminds me, that brave edge is actually pretty useful if you hit confirm with it on CH. I've heard a lot of people saying all of his BEs are trash but I think that one is pretty good actually.

11. HajimeOwari

HajimeOwari Premium Member

Okay. I'm glad everyone is/has gotten it out of their system. But, I feel this thread has mostly run its course. It's boiled down to calls for changes, patches, etc. While this is great and all, there are other forums made for these kinds of posts.

If you have anything else to say on this matter, please do so in the next 24 hours from this post. In which time I will lock this post and we'll focus SOLELY on SCV Yoshi.

If you'd like to continue your comments about this subject, please do so in the proper forum.

RedDjinn likes this.
  12. RedDjinn

RedDjinn Dat Hillbilly

Yay no more whining...

13. DrDogg

DrDogg [09] Warrior

I've been trying to condition opponents to expect only 3A, so that I can hit them with 3AB later in the match. Unfortunately, 3A and 3AB are punishable, so eventually it may not be worth the risk.

14. HajimeOwari

HajimeOwari Premium Member

Okay. Thanks for your understanding, Yoshi fans. Let's focus on SCV now. For better or worse, this is the character we have to work with. Thread closed.

RedDjinn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.